Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new place? MIX CAFE!

So, you had lunch by yourself?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      So, you had lunch by yourself?
      Yeah. Nobody showed up. But das ok. I really enjoy the food there.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

K-den...I went to Safeway.

And I'm gonna prepare My Spicy Crab Pasta!

Here's the ingredients.

Ok...all Pau!

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; October 2, 2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

awwwww, if i was only home playing hooky, eric and i would have gladly joined you, since we went last week and enjoyed a couple of their sandwiches as well as an acai smoothie.

alas, i'm not playing hooky--i'm home with funny tummy. my tummy is rumbling in painfully envious anger at all the drool-worthy pictures! i bet if i printed the pics in full color and ate them, it'd be tastier than the milk of magnesia i've had to force myself to take!
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
            awwwww, if i was only home playing hooky, eric and i would have gladly joined you, since we went last week and enjoyed a couple of their sandwiches as well as an acai smoothie.
            We'll bump into each other someday. I love the food and it's healthy. I want to try his Breakfast and his Waffles next.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie, I shoulda just gone. Cable man didn't show 'till almost 3! Oh well, next time for sure!
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                Auntie, I shoulda just gone. Cable man didn't show 'till almost 3! Oh well, next time for sure!
                Yeah, you should have! I wen catch da Bus with my moomoo legs and hop/drag Bethel Street to Mix Cafe. Only to find nobody came.

I was SAD. So very SAD.

My heart was heavy. My tears flowed down from my face, in front of all the customers.

The owner comforted me. But it was no use. I left with my head hung down.

Ashamed and never to return again.

Ahhhhh...I feel much betta.

Just Joking!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

K-den...I went to Safeway.

And I'm gonna prepare My Spicy Crab Pasta!

Here's the ingredients.

Ok...all Pau!

Auntie Lynn
                  I like sample! If I knew today you guys were gonna meet I would have tried to make it. I needed to get some stuff at Home Depot around lunch time.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                  You should pull a Kramer on them next time.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                    I like sample! If I knew today you guys were gonna meet I would have tried to make it. I needed to get some stuff at Home Depot around lunch time.
                    You're on vacation right? If you in the area tomorrow, stop by..I make you a plate. Get plenny!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

You're on vacation right? If you in the area tomorrow, stop by..I make you a plate. Get plenny!

Auntie Lynn
                      Ahhh tomorrow I can't Auntie. I've embarked on a project that needs to and "will get done" as my wife put it haha. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                        Ahhh tomorrow I can't Auntie. I've embarked on a project that needs to and "will get done" as my wife put it haha. Thanks for the offer.
                        You're welcome. I remember when you helped me couple of years ago with my other car when I neba have a Man.heheheh My son was in Iraq. I owe you and your wife lunch/dinner. Ok?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

oh no! i know tat and i both wrote and said we wouldn't be able to make it but i thought jimnyo would be there.

as mentioned before, his blueberry waffle was really ono so if you wanna hook up for breakfast, let me know. how about meeting there at 10 am this thursday?
                          525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

what the?!? i thought i had subscribed to this thread, but alas, i did not and i missed all the plans!! i am sooo sorry auntie lynn and everybody. it's been a little nuts b/c we're actually moving to the mainland and whatnot so i don't get to check the forum everyday. actually, now i'm really confused b/c apparently i DID subscribe to the forum, but i haven't gotten any email notifications! what?!?!

i'm actually emailing from mix cafe right NOW as i type--had to take advantage of their wi-fi and it's great. we're having a broker's open at our condo, so i got kicked out and it was a great excuse to have lunch here w/the baby. i think this is the 3rd time in 2 weeks i've been here and everytime has been so ONO! the place just makes me happy--the decor, the food, the staff. did you see they got written up in honolulu magazine? you heard it here first guys!

last time, i had the imported meat sandwich. good, but the meat is thinly sliced, like at du vin, so it made me want a glass of wine. plus, i like a better balance of meat and bread. but still tasty. DH had the meatball sandwich, which he enjoyed. today i had the turkey sandwich. bruno talked me into it. i thought, who wants a turkey sandwich? how boring. but omg, this is like no turkey sandwich i ever had--he makes the turkey here i guess and it was super moist with that incredible bread. i'm gonna go home and fall asleep. i've gotta try his pastas next. and his gelato. i keep asking, but they keep running out before i get there. apparently it's homemade, but he doesn't make it himself--another place does (somewhere in waikiki, kim told me somebody imported a gelato machine from italy).

we'll have to try again and i'll have to be better about checking this thread. gotta squeeze in as much of this place before we leave.

Comment

hi all! i'm new to HT and when i found this thread, well i had to write! i'm so glad that you all found this place and love it too! i work downtown and for months walked by waiting for them to open. the first morning they were open, i was in there getting a cappuccino and talking story with bruno and kim. as you all know, they're such good people and the food is incredible! so far i've had the turkey sandwich, roast pork sandwich, pasta with gorgonzola, the beet salad, and their lemonade is so refreshing! actually everything i've had there has been great, i did tell bruno i liked the turkey sandwich better than the roast pork and he feigned sadness when i told him this. i was there on monday and i was telling kim about the thread and she was so pleased and happy that one was started and she asked if the pictures were up and i said they were, and she started laughing and said, "thank goodness they are of bruno!"

my only beef with this place is that it's right around the corner from my office so i'm there at least 2-3 times a week! my wallets a little thinner and my waist band a little thicker! oh well, it's a small price to pay for ono food, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by jimnyo View Post
                                we'll have to try again and i'll have to be better about checking this thread. gotta squeeze in as much of this place before we leave.
                                We'll most certainly try again.

Originally posted by neonbright View Post
                                hi all! i'm new to HT and when i found this thread, well i had to write!
                                Aloha and Welcome to HT! Join us on the other threads when you have time!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X