What happened to the Well Bento?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Well Bento?

i used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this place. but i haven't been there in a long time. tonight i went and picked up the zen macrobiotic plate. BLECH! the root vegetables, which used to be roasted and full of flavor, were boiled and bland. there was only one piece of broccoli, the lentils and hijiki were also bland and the side servings of macaroni salad and coleslaw were almost nonexistent. has anybody else had this experience, or was it an off night?

Re: what happened to the well bento?

is that the place off King in Moiliili?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

I don't know how long ago you first went there, but they changed owners in 2005. Here's a link to a Star-Bulletin article about the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        is that the place off King in Moiliili?
        well, technically, i think it's off beretania, right before burger king, across from the star market parking lot. yeah, i had heard they changed owners, but i thought i had gone after that and it hadn't seemed like it changed much. but it was so long ago, i can't be totally sure. i'm so sad.

Comment

Re: What happened to the Well Bento?

Originally posted by jimnyo View Post
          i used to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this place. but i haven't been there in a long time. tonight i went and picked up the zen macrobiotic plate. BLECH! the root vegetables, which used to be roasted and full of flavor, were boiled and bland. there was only one piece of broccoli, the lentils and hijiki were also bland and the side servings of macaroni salad and coleslaw were almost nonexistent. has anybody else had this experience, or was it an off night?

nope, it wasn't an off night.

eric & i used to love going there, pre-change-in-ownership. we went again afterwards, not hearing until later that someone else owned the place.

we never went back.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
          X