Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your cell phone ringtone?

AHA...Take on Me....
    Most people I know have the new dance song by Madonna. I am old school.
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I just use the default Treo ringtone, which is a Treo trademark, if and when I have my ringer on at all. Almost always, my phone's in silent mode.

By the way, I got a couple of Pepsi cap ringtone codes, if anyone's collecting 'em. They're of no use to me. PM me if so!

Comment

Hey Ya on my Razr VC3. But the damned thing sounds like sissy music when it's an instrumental version.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          Hey Ya on my Razr VC3. But the damned thing sounds like sissy music when it's an instrumental version.
          Brah, it's a Razr. It can play mp3 files you know! Go get an actual recording and cut out a clip for your phone.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
            I just use the default Treo ringtone, which is a Treo trademark, if and when I have my ringer on at all. Almost always, my phone's in silent mode.

I could write this same post, word for word.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
              Brah, it's a Razr. It can play mp3 files you know! Go get an actual recording and cut out a clip for your phone.

Okay mister technology how do you do that? I got tons of MP3's and Nero's Wave Editor to cut em down but how do you get it into da phone thingy?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Okay mister technology how do you do that? I got tons of MP3's and Nero's Wave Editor to cut em down but how do you get it into da phone thingy?
                One way is to email the file to your phone. If you're using Cingular, your phone's email address is in the format "8080000000@mms.mycingular.com". But that means you'd have to pay per-byte data charges. If you're only going to do this once, then that might be the easiest way.

Another way is to use the Razr's Bluetooth capability to transfer files to and from a Bluetooth-equipped PC. Put a Bluetooth USB adapter into your PC, and then you can configure your phone to talk directly to your PC, no email data charges. Only problem is, you can only transfer one file at a time. This can get humbug if you have two dozen photos on your phone that you want to save to your hard disk.

The most versatile way is to use Motorola Phone Tools, a software interface that lets you connect your phone directly to your computer via USB cable or Bluetooth. Then you can easily copy files back and forth with no data charges. So you can download all those cell phone photos to your PC for permanent storage. And you can upload mp3 ringtones and jpg wallpapers from your PC into your phone.

Comment

Go to motomodders, sign up, and get one of their p2k programs (make sure you have a data cable). Install the program and drivers, open program, send to phone, clear the 2 .db files, restart phone.

PM me for more info

EDIT: and you can use an MP3 file up to 30 seconds (provided you modify the # of rings it takes before it goes to the voicemail)
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

"Kawaipunahele" by Keali'i Reichel... finally!
                    'Alika

Comment

I hate you! Just joking! I am still waiting for the same ringtone too. ALOHA!
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456 View Post
                        I think I have the ultimate geek ringtone, because I have the infamous dial up tone as my ringtone! (too bad I don't let it ring long enough to get to the handshake)
                        I tried to make a ringtone like that, and i think that if the handshake part is on, the phone wont even recognize it as a ringtone or list it. after spending a long time trying to figure out what was wrong with it, i remebered the movie 'wargames'

my current ringtones:
                        NIN- get down make love
                        powerhouse (the bugs bunny/visa card commercial song)
                        thrice - red sky
                        ll cool j - rock the bells
                        eric b and rakim - dont sweat the technique
                        edda james - at last (my wedding song for when my wife calls)
                        sir mix alot - baby got back (for laughs)
                        afrika bambaata - planet rock
                        yakety sax (laughs again)
                        bananaphone (see a trend here?)

thats it for now.
                        Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                          I hate you! Just joking! I am still waiting for the same ringtone too. ALOHA!
                          You can yell at me all you want until you get it... lol
                          'Alika

Comment

For people with Sony Ericsson phones, there's a great Windows app called Float's Mobile Agent that makes syncing a whole lot less painful than the default SE one. Unfortunately nothing can fix their horrid and frequently-blue-screening USB cable drivers (lucky you guys that have bluetooth!)

I made some of my own ringtones, might as well since I paid for the phone that would let me. My wife's ringtone is the Eccleston Dr Who theme song, and everyone else's is the "castle" music from the original Super Mario Bros (where you go underground to fight Bowser, with the fireballs and all). I know, super geeky. I also have an original NES Legend of Zelda ringtone that I used for a while. My phone is usually on the "start very quiet and get louder" mode with vibration so I usually don't hear much of them, but even when I have no one's recognized or commented on them. Ah well

The ringtone I really wanted, and I was able to get onto it, but which didn't work out as well as I'd hoped.. is the "berserk" sound from Doom 3. It's pretty humorous to hear your phone screaming its head off. I also made an FF7 movie ringtone (the battle-won thing)

Comment

Ours was freedom fighter by lucky dube. And then husband switched our case and now its default. I cant wait to get home and get my own cell. I love new things that are mine!

Comment

general calls with id: theme to "i dream of jeannie"
                                without caller id: mission impossible theme
                                hubby: adam sandler 'i wanna grow old with you' from 'the wedding singer'
                                various friends: superfreak, hawaii 5-0 theme, more...

i guess i have too much time on my hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X