Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: $uperfascUSterrorianism , Re: terrorUSt$ , Re: Hawaii fascist fairies' Superferry

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
    Hawai'i with an apostrophe can be taken in the context of a broad range of meanings: from Hawaii to Hawai`i.
    OK, thanks.

Originally posted by waioli kai View Post
    re: Hawaii : written with no `okina and pronounced as such. Hawaii is the economic, social, political and judicial entity manifesting from and through more than a century of U.S. militaristic, colonialistic, economic justUS: the Republic of Hawaii, the Territory of Hawaii, the State of Hawaii . Not Hawai`i, a homeland to a people and evolving culture for many centuries prior to domination by US'$ of the U.S.; not one of the Pacific spiritual and cultural meccas whose hosts have borne untold abuse at the whims and dominating designs of their guests who chose to never return to the land from they derived their fundamental 'learned ideology', which ideology's economic cell is capitalUSt, political cell is corporatUSt, judicial cell is justUS, chief guiding principle is hypocrUSy, chief source of wealth is ruinUSness of other peoples and cultures, chief source of common identity is militarUSt$, imperialUSt$ endeavors on Earth aka superfascUSterrorism. and Beyond aka USraelism, aka US is realism.
    Um... I thought I was asking a grammar & format question. I can certainly understand why people are confused about diactritical use. Thanks anyway.
    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

• Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Kaua'i residents put on Notice; Superferry to return, Nawiliwili will become a "militarized zone", protesters walk out of meetings and promise chaos. http://starbulletin.com/2007/09/04/news/story01.html

Comment

The National Geographic Channel is planning to air a piece on the Superferry (trailer here). Oops.

Comment

• Escargot , Re: USS Lingle $uperferry - Ch. 5

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
          The National Geographic Channel is planning to air a piece on the Superferry (trailer here). Oops.
          Escargot , Re: USS Lingle $uperferry - Ch. 5

This fascistic Superferry invasion by corporatUST$ -- of the big kind Verizon, Carlyle Group, Lehman et. al, Morgan Stanley, AOL Leftover$, and who knows what other corporatist, militarUSt cabalUStic capiltalUSt$ 'investment' fraud-- ushered onto Hawai`i by Governor Linda Lingle and that State Executive bureaucracy of which she is it's one and only chief, Chief Executive.

There is no way $uperfascUSt "Angels" or superfairies or monster ferries got set up in Hawai`i like the escarcot snail (The AppleSnail) in the islands' kalo fields except that some human being (in the case of HSF,Inc. it was Linda Cutter Lingle) moved the snails around so quickly on the impulse of a seemingly good idea that "we can grow taro and and snails, and sell the snails..." and the snails are winning ever since.

Comment

i snipped this from the pet peeve thread:

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Truly, the Iwilei Costco parking lot is an absolute disaster, design wise. But throw in a few SUVs and oversized "MAUI BUILT" pickup trucks, and the end is nigh. You should be allowed to ram shopping carts into these morons with impunity. Barring that, I'd be happy to partner with a local towing company, calling in a fleet of trucks every day for a cut of the recovery fees.

something i've been wondering since the brouhaha over the superferry really heated up a couple weekends ago:

how many vehicles are on the neighbor islands with stickers declaring "OAHU BUILT" or something like that now versus how many would there be, if the superferry were running unfettered? and how would those numbers compare to the vehicles with "MAUI BUILT" or "KAUAI GIRL" or what have you on oahu?

just asking, semi-facetiously, of course.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
              You proudly work at one of those so-called "big-box" stores which are fabled to ruin humanity and the simple island life everyone so enjoyed, yet you yearn for those simpler days of yore (thus your move to the Big Island).
              Good point. I don't know about Craig's situation, but I would imagine that a lot of other Big Islanders who now work at places like Costco, Walmart, and yes, Home Depot, would have a difficult time supporting themselves and their families should all the big-box stores suddenly disappear. All of my uncles and aunties who grew up in Papaikou ended up moving to Oahu in the 1950s and '60s. It wasn't because they wanted to be "townies," but there just wasn't much in the way of employment opportunities (other than working at the sugar plantation) back then. Had the Hilo economy been more diversified like it is today, some of them might have been able to stay put.

It's one thing to be sentimental about the past and yearning for a simpler lifestyle uncluttered by things we associate with "big city" life. But realistically, many of us wouldn't be able to support ourselves and enjoy the standard of living we are now accustomed to if you took away tourism and many of the economic developments that have occurred over the last 50 years. No matter what island we live on, I think many of us, whether it be lifelong kama'aina or malahini, know that certain changes and progress has to be made in order to make it possible for us and our future generations to continue living here. But at the same time, we don't want drastic changes that would cause us to lose our sense of history and identity. In our minds, we may have a line or a boundary we feel should not be crossed when it comes to changes that are made "in the name of progress." Exactly what those boundaries are,.....ah!!! That's the problem. All of us have different ideas on the matter. Thus, we see endless debate on the issue of development here in Hawai'i. And this SF discussion is just one example of what I am talking about.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post

something i've been wondering since the brouhaha over the superferry really heated up a couple weekends ago:

how many vehicles are on the neighbor islands with stickers declaring "OAHU BUILT" or something like that now versus how many would there be, if the superferry were running unfettered? and how would those numbers compare to the vehicles with "MAUI BUILT" or "KAUAI GIRL" or what have you on oahu?

When I first saw a "Maui Built" decal on a truck I thought why would anyone want a truck built on Maui? Rebuilt on Maui? Maui Chop Shop? Huh?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  When I first saw a "Maui Built" decal on a truck I thought why would anyone want a truck built on Maui? Rebuilt on Maui? Maui Chop Shop? Huh?
                  It's a brand name. They have a shop across the street from Waimalu Elem. Maui Built 4x4 Parts.
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I see lots of "OG" stickers on Oahu. The OG stands for Oahu Grown. i tried to find a picture of the sticker with google but nothing came up except this Xanga group. http://groups.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=278742

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                      It's a brand name. They have a shop across the street from Waimalu Elem. Maui Built 4x4 Parts.
                      Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
                      I see lots of "OG" stickers on Oahu. The OG stands for Oahu Grown. i tried to find a picture of the sticker with google but nothing came up except this Xanga group. http://groups.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=278742
                      thanks. like i said, i was being semi-facetious. eric's titan's airbags and his "gentle 152dB reminder " system were both installed by DH built.

back to topic--what do y'all think about the new security zone the coast guard has created at nawiliwili harbor and the claim that the new security plan will cause chaos?

here's the story from the SB.http://starbulletin.com/2007/09/04/news/story01.html
                      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I am not aware of when the zone is enforced other than when the SuperFerry is in Nawiliwili Harbor. If the zone is relaxed when it is not in the harbor then there should be no problem. If the SuperFerry keeps to the original schedule then no one else can be in the harbor between 5:45 pm to 7:15 pm Sunday to Friday, that's about 1-1/2 hours, 6 days a week.

Inconvenient, yeah sure but not a hardship.

Comment

As for Maui Built...

The classic phrase they had was "Slow down, this ain't the mainland."

Comment

Here we go. I knew this was what they were thinking all along!!!

"Kamehameha couldn't conquer us, and I don't think the Superferry will, either."

Comment

Well, we're not allowed on the airport runways, are we? For our own safety as well as that of the aircraft and their passengers.

Comment

The hearing on Maui scheduled for today has been postponed until Monday.
                                No reason given yet.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X