McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: McDonald's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich

I bought this yesterday...tasted good. Coupled it with a sweetened iced tea and went home.

Got home, ate and drank it on my porch while the sun set on my acres of land.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      It was a big honkin' piece of processed chicken, and it just didn't go too well with the biscuit. I'm sure it'll taste better with some McDs sauce!
      Ok, so I saw the commercials, can't resist the offer of something "free," and hey, I love Southern food, so I "bit" and ordered the breakfast version this morning. Since I tend to require more intense flavors than is usually found in McD food items, I was careful to order some hot mustard sauce too. Despite a liberal slathering, I could barely taste the hot mustard--still can't figure out if it all just soaked into the big biscuit or was absorbed by the grease in the chicken. It was just ok in my book. Give me Burger King's cheesy tots any day over this thing!

Comment

I tried this sandwich during a late lunch at the Dole Canery McDonalds Express, it was past 2pm and there wasn't much people in the area, the person in front of me didn't order this sandwich, only myself and another person behind me did.

It's not that bad, at worse I mildy burnt my tounge due to the actual temperature of the chicken filet but I wasn't turned off by it. Then again it kind of felt I was eating their Filet O Fish sandwich only the inside of the filet being slightly harder to break apart.

I was okay with the pickles, I think they could have done worse if they added shredded lettuce to it. It wouldn't hurt if they had cheese as an option to it.

Comment

It was okay tasting. Better than the McChicken. But I don't think it's worth the full $3.49 price.

It would be nice if they could incorporate that into their dollar menu.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Yikes!! $3.49?? Definitely not worth the price for a pretender. And the pickles are most important, since there is no other condiment (except for toasted, buttered bread on the original sandwich.)

Comment

I tried the Southern Style Chicken Sandwich for lunch today (for free!--thanks Lavagal).

I thought it was actually pretty good, considering it's just a plain, deep-fried chicken filet, with two thin pickle slices, sandwiched between two plain buns. That's it! It's fast food minimalism at its best.

Comment

Had the sandwich for dinner today at another McDonalds location. No massive lines to fetch these free sandwiches.

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                But I don't think it's worth the full $3.49 price.
                Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                Yikes!! $3.49??
                It was running for $4.39 at the Ala Moana McDonalds.

Comment

And so the sun sets on yet another culinary adventure on HT. How cool was that? I'm lovin' it!
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                    Yikes!! $3.49?? Definitely not worth the price for a pretender. And the pickles are most important, since there is no other condiment (except for toasted, buttered bread on the original sandwich.)
                    Think the breakfast version (just biscuit and chicken) was $3.09. Not even any pickles! No condiments! Nada! (Except for my hot mustard, which was a special request.)

Comment

I wasn't even aware of this promo...just happened to drive through and saw the advertisement. Ordered the med. drink and got the free breakfast sand. Wasn't anything special. Didn't have as much taste as I would have enjoyed, and they didn't offer any sauce

Comment

pickles?!

After the reviews here, I wasn't interested enuf to pile it on just after dinner, so I passed when 'the catch' of a med. drink was required. They don't have anything I'd like to drink, so at $3.50 or more a pop, I guess I'll never know the wonders of this soon to be gone McStake.

The only thing I've ever found at McNo's thats worth a buck is thier biscuit with well done bacon in the mornings. About as close to Mom's as I'll find.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Could you tell the difference between a Chicken Sandwich and McNuggets?
                          Don't ask this lady that question?
                          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29498350/from/ET/?gt1=43001

Comment

Working...
                          X