This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 5

Thank you all so much! Your powerful photos make me feel like I am right there, with you in the moment. I never get tired of looking at all of these awesome photos. What a talented photography Ohana we have here... I just can't say enough good things to you all.

I should change my name to fanbird. thanks.

Comment

Way cool comparison shots, LikaNui. Glad you were out there to catch those freaky waves.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Ohhh. Love it!

All I have to offer is my "Command Center"
        It's funny how the blur looks just like I see it. HaHa!
        That's a t-shirt thumbtacked to the back of the desktop...
        hiding the wires hanging behind it.
        Attached Files
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

There's talk of banning Opihi picking this year. It would appear that this Opihi I obtained sure was doing ok. Note the quarter next to this monster for size.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
            [...]Note the quarter next to this monster for size.
            Good grief, that opihi is the size of a small abalone. Does it taste as good sauteed in a little garlic butter?

Comment

Awesome pics Likanui! The ocean was really rockin' that day.

Comment

You guys have set a high bar here. Once in awhile I'll get something ...

Attached Files

Comment

Love it, GG! Beautiful colors and great composition!

Comment

I agree. The colors and the lines made by the leaves makes a visually stimulating image.

Comment

Was on the Big Island again last weekend. First shot is from the far right-hand side of Kahalu'u Beach Park. The second is a breaching Humpy. I went down to South Point and right as I pulled up there was this big splash just off the sea cliffs. I got out and this whale breached about five more times. Each time it'd go back under and swim a ways before breaching again. This was the best shot I got. Third is from a few hundred feet from South Point looking toward Mauna Loa.

Comment

One more for tonight. My flight got delayed two hours, so I set up my tripod and took this photo of a jet. I'd rather have included the other half, but there were some obstructions. Next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                          One more for tonight. My flight got delayed two hours, so I set up my tripod and took this photo of a jet. I'd rather have included the other half, but there were some obstructions. Next time.
                          I like aviation photos and this is a nice one of what looks like a US Air jet... though I am not so sure. Looks like Hawaiian Airlines has the ground handling for this. Kona airport?

Beautiful photo as well as the earlier ones with the whale and sunset.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Thanks Mel. Yes, this was at Keahole Airport in Kona. When I got back to Honolulu I was in the Interisland parking structure and I saw a small jet being moved by one of those pushing vehicles. The headlights were lighting up the under side of the plane. From above, it would have made a good photo if it had been sitting still.

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                              All I have to offer is my "Command Center"
                              My dream is to have my own den some day. A little oasis from the family. Digital surround sound and no toys on the floor!

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
                              It would appear that this Opihi I obtained sure was doing ok.
                              Holy cow, what a beast. Great idea to put the quarter in there, as a reference.

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                              Once in awhile I'll get something ...
                              Haha, nice inquisitive expression on that little gecko.

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                              so I set up my tripod and took this photo of a jet.
                              From that streak of light, it looks like you had an exposure of a few seconds. Yay for tripods. Which brand/model did you use? Something ultra compact?
                              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                              "
                              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                                From that streak of light, it looks like you had an exposure of a few seconds. Yay for tripods. Which brand/model did you use? Something ultra compact?
                                I wish it was more compact. The trade-off is that fully extended on level ground, it'll hold the camera way above my ability to look into the view finder. The legs are Manfrotto 055XPROB and the head is a Giotto MH 5001.

Comment

Working...
                                X