I got attacked by a haole because Im a haole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got attacked by a haole because Im a haole

O. M. G tonight I got attacked by a crazy lady!! Long story short - Im out with my new (awesome!) bf and a couple of his friends at a table at a bar. Some girl that we didn't know sat herslf down with us. She starts getting very..um, passionate that 'toilet bowl' is now not accessable. Ok, I get it, that sucks. Then she got nuts! She was hollering about how the f'n haoles ruin everything and she wants them all to go home! Im like, to where? Kailua? Thats sounding pretty good right now, actually!

Heres the twist - she's 225lbs of pasty, translucent pale, redheaded haole! Yep! And she was out to kick somebody's a$$!!

Sooo, she starts up about sacred falls. What a tragedy! But she gets all berserk saying that the sacred falls tragedy was caused by the haoles angering the aina with their lack of respect and their stupid haoleness! WHAT!!? Im like "babies were crushed! There were so many life changing, tho not life-ending injuries, and so many survivors who had to experience their loved ones hurt or dead. That was horrible!". Yep, according to crazy, thats the island rebelling against haoles!

Not sure exactly how things happened after that. I was seated across from her when she started trying to throw our whole table over me! In fact, I was seated, stunned, when she rammed me in the chest !!with the table!! And knocks me a$$ over teakettle into the bushes. Hell broke loose, of course, and before it was all over, she gave me a haymaker to the temple! Crazy!! It hurts! Im so shocked! Whats wrong with people!!!???!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: I got attacked by a haole because Im a haole

Must add- I did not fight back, and I am ok!!

Comment

What time in the early morning are you posting this? Not to be indelicate, but what part did alcohol play in all this?
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        ...what part did alcohol play in all this?
        Yep, sounds more like you "got attacked by a haole because" she was likely drunk. Lucky you live Hawai`i, eh?

Comment

Oh, yeah, she was waaay wasted. She cant cOme back to this Place anymore. the Manager told me. This girl was looking for a fight, I hate fighting, I literally sat there while she was ranting and raging, I never ever rased even a finger in anger. I never raised my voice, I did nothing to provoke her. I kept calm even after the suckerpunch. What options did I have? If I walked away, I guarantee she would have chased me down in the bathroom or parking lot. This lady was on a rampage!! And weighs 100 lbs more than I do!! Lucky I live Hawaii indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
            I literally sat there while she was ranting and raging, I never ever rased even a finger in anger. I never raised my voice, I did nothing to provoke her. I kept calm even after the suckerpunch. What options did I have?
            Good for you. There are, sadly, times when you ought to fight in self-defense, but it helps if you recognize when NOT to do so - fighting with someone on a drunken rampage (and who knows what else may have been in her system), someone itching to fight for whatever reason, plus the size difference, is generally unwise.

And, I assume, YOU can still go back to that place, unlike your assailant.

Comment

Hmmm, you were at a table at a bar. Sounds like you might be horrified if you went to the Indianapolis 500 and saw a crash injure some spectators. Or maybe the real problem is that your new boyfriend and his buds failed to protect his new girlfriend in a dangerous situation. Mebbe not so awesome after all.
              May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

A local friend of mine is a pasty, translucent pale, redheaded guy with a haole last name. He is also blood related (and a higher %age than is required by Kamehameha Schools) to a legendary Hawaiian family. That's certainly not to excuse the sick behavior of the pasty, translucent pale, redheaded drunk who attacked you. Just sayin' the color of one's skin and hair don't mean a heckuva lot. Glad you're ok, TG.

Comment

Meaning of the word “haole”

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  Just sayin' the color of one's skin and hair don't mean a heckuva lot.
                  Good point, Tutu. As I’ve mentioned many times on HT, the word haole originally meant “foreign” or “foreigner” and had little to do with race until the majority of “foreigners” to the islands were white. You’ll notice that even though the official term for a local kama‘aina of mixed race is “hapa haole,” 95% of the people out there will drop the word “haole” when referring to that individual. It is a sign that you are accepted and have assimilated into island culture.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                  USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Thank you, Leo.

Salmoned- that was the rudest, most ignorant post Ive seen from you in a while. Please do not talk about my bf ever again.

Tutu- i was actually sitting with local haoles, she was just insane, and the whole event certainly was the antithesis of Aloha. Good job, 'local girl'. The other 'locals' were very kind and helpful. One bad apple...
                    Last edited by turtlegirl; August 16, 2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I'm very glad you are okay. I've been worried about you since I got your call (sorry I was so groggy). Very proud of you for not fighting back and letting her get herself bounced. Also glad Boyfriend did not "defend" you...I'm sure he shielded you after she started rampaging, and there would have been a world of trouble if he'd hit a woman. I'd have had to ask if he'd been drinking.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Haha, SG, I was so freaked out I hadta call you! Thanks for being there for me! And yes, the bf and all the others who rushed to help were really wonderful, but, yep, no dude wants charges for hitting a girl, so they restrained her really well, even when she was attacking them too! Thank god! She would have seriously hurt me, given the chance!! It was chaos!

Miss you, honu!

Comment

Anytime. You call me anytime something happens, whether it's you getting attacked by a haole or the Tree Incident. Glad R was finally struck by a sudden bolt of energy!

Miss you too, fishie.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                            Salmoned- that was the rudest, most ignorant post Ive seen from you in a while. Please do not talk about my bf ever again.
                            There's something we can both agree upon. My comments were totally based on yours - no need to pretend I mentioned anything not already suggested by your OP.
                            Last edited by salmoned; August 16, 2011, 09:55 PM.
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Ever noticed how some of the more outspoken Hawaiian Activists have Haole last names like Ritte and Trask? It just goes to show you that you don't have to be 100% Kanaka Maoli to be passionate about one's race.

In the case of that, "Person of Interest" you met, she is one confused individual, like the teenaged girl I saw at McDonalds one year wearing an Amnesty International t-shirt and camoflaged BDU pants. Go Figure that one!
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X