• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Angry Korean Lady (AKA- Ah-Lang)

http://www.hawaiiwineanddine.com/eve...&action=detail

The Menu: http://www.angrykoreanlady.com/ah-lang_menu.pdf

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ah-lang-restaurant-honolulu

Quite a few likes this place, but I thought it was ok. I would rate it as a B plus.

(I just don't like having to walk on egg shells around an owner of the place).

It was on the expensive side. Since there was 3 of us that went, we had to order 3 main dishes, we had to put the order ourselves on this order slip & hand it to her, & if you want to use fork & knife, or just chopstick, you have to write that down too.

You have to help yourself on the water, & if you want anything else besides a cup of water & ice cubes, you have to have that written on the order form.

Just don't get her angry, & you wont get kicked out. IF you brought beer, you gotta share it with her, otherwise you pay a bottle fee.

*Most importantly, read the house rules first on the table before ordering. The menu is also on the table.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: The Angry Korean Lady (AKA- Ah-Lang)

Doesn't sound like a place I would choose to spend my money at.
    Customer service has gone down the tubes so bad as it is.
    If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
      Doesn't sound like a place I would choose to spend my money at.
      Customer service has gone down the tubes so bad as it is.
      To each their own. Our friend who met us there, heard so much about it, that he recommended us to check it out, at least once. And we did. NOW we know.

Try it or not, that's up to you.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

I clicked the links and read into it enough to know I WOULD go there IF I liked Korean. It sounds hilarious. At first read, I thought she was just pissy for no good reason. My son wants to know if it is an act or something.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Sounds like a winner, and, while a lot of critic sites are just nonsense, I think Yelp has been a GREAT source for local feedback/reviews. . . and as far as yelp goes, that place has some solid ratings!

Sounds like a fun dining experience, and full of character(s).
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

I clicked the links and read into it enough to know I WOULD go there IF I liked Korean. It sounds hilarious. At first read, I thought she was just pissy for no good reason. My son wants to know if it is an act or something.
            My son wants to know if it is an act or something.
            That would be MY question too. I didn't want to bother to ask her, in fear of getting yelled at .
            Aches & Pains

Comment

I've been here quite a few times but it has been several months (almost a year maybe?) since I have.

She really is charming in her own way and really does not live up to the Angry Korean lady moniker lol. She's just busy and a little direct I guess. And yes, get up and get your water refill (if you want "Service", there is always Sorobol). It's just that kind of place. I guess not for everybody. She 'll be on your good good side if you are a repeat customer and although I've never brought beer into it, I can totally see her wanting to share with her.

She's a one woman show and cooks it to order when you arrive. Again, one woman show. I love the fact that her 'little side dishes' (ban something lol) consists of many home grown vegetables according to season and she makes her own kim chee and it's very good. You have to specify your "hotness" level for her (mine is a 7).

Like I said, I have not been there in a while , so I hope it hasn't fallen down in any way, But she really is a good hearted person IMO.
              n'importe

Comment

Working...
              X