Disappearing eating establishments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disappearing eating establishments

Didnt they have two Beard Papa stores in Waikiki, one inside the Food Pantry store and the other near the Lewers Beachwalk area?? Are they both closed now??

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
      Didnt they have two Beard Papa stores in Waikiki, one inside the Food Pantry store and the other near the Lewers Beachwalk area?? Are they both closed now??
      Both long gone.

Beard Papa Hawaii's website now lists only one location: inside the Ala Moana Foodland. That's it.

Talk about a business idea that flopped. I hope that whoever paid for the Hawaii franchise didn't invest their life-savings on it.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Erika reports Colony in the Hyatt Regency is closing:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/busine....html#comments

From year one, this was our go-to place for anniversaries - just the two of us. But at some point, other things began to siphon our dollars elsewhere. We did stop in for a nostaligia dinner a couple of years ago, but sadly the place was nearly empty and the longtime server was lamenting the lack of business. Although unspoken, I think we both had the feeling that would be our last time there.

Comment

Makino Chaya at Aloha Tower......Gone
          You can apply any terms to any situation to suit your perspective.

Comment

That Indian restaurant on N. King, Zaffron, shut a month or so ago. Never ate there though.. In its place? I suspicious looking "bar' with no bar and just a pool table in the middle of the room and an "open:" sign outside..

I really really miss that Indian place takeaway on Alakea St. that closed last year across from FHB building. Now in it's place is a Thai takeaway which has good pad see yew, but I fear they may be on the skids soon as "all" lunch dishes are $5.00 now (down from the $6.50+ range).
            n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
              From year one, this was our go-to place for anniversaries - just the two of us.
              This happened to me and my wife, too. Whatcha gonna do...

Comment

Don Ho's MIA - an Erika report:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/busine...goes_boom.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                  Don Ho's MIA - an Erika report:
                  Don Ho's owner says that the restaurant is not finished and that he plans to re-open. However, it may resurface with a new name.

Star-Advertiser
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Don Ho's owner says that the restaurant is not finished and that he plans to re-open. However, it may resurface with a new name.

Star-Advertiser
                    The current owner had either little or no restaurant experience. I, too, have no restaurant experience but I smell a bankruptcy in the not too distant future! One can only burn so many bridges in Hawaii. Time will tell...

Comment

The owner of Don Ho's Grill is facing a state investigation for unpaid wages.

Star-Advertiser

This is really beginning to look bad. Don Ho's estate should terminate any relationship it still has with this restaurant,.... not the least of which are the rights to the late entertainer's name and image.

Comment

Don Ho's estate should terminate any relationship it still has with this restaurant,.... not the least of which are the rights to the late entertainer's name and image.
                        For which they get... $500 per month.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

[...]
                          This is really beginning to look bad.[...]
                          It is bad. I have close friends who are owed money. Let the karma begin for this owner.

Comment

As KITV reports, times have been tough, not just for Don Ho's Grill, but for all the Aloha Tower Marketplace tenants.

Comment

As KITV reports, times have been tough, not just for Don Ho's Grill, but for all the Aloha Tower Marketplace tenants.
                              Interesting. The piece mentions that ATM's prospective new owner is the owner(s?) of the Edition Hotel. Rumor has it that new hotel is struggling.

Comment

ATM has been one of the worst (if not the worst) places for many many years, with tenant rates so high that it's a constant revolving door.
                                In addition to outrageous rates, add in problems with parking and marketing that have been going on for many years.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X