• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 minutes of Granny Goose from '73

for sale..hmmm
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Granny-Goose-Roc...item1e58d13aea

I'm in!

I think I'll get that, thanx. He's got tons of cool stuff.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Re: 64 minutes of Granny Goose from '73

I have it and have ordered from them in the past. Good stuff.

Aj

Comment

I love the playlist!

Now for the big question....what's on the radio today that people will think is worth paying to hear 36 years from now?

Comment

Originally posted by DaleP View Post
          I love the playlist!

Now for the big question....what's on the radio today that people will think is worth paying to hear 36 years from now?
          I agree and would add television as well to that!! No wonder why so many people by DVD's of old classic programs!!

Aj

Comment

I love the playlist!

Don Imus? Howard Stern? Dr. Laura?

Comment

Easy answer. Dr. Demento!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Dr. DeMento hasn't been in the Hawaii radio market for years if not a couple of decades.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                  Dr. DeMento hasn't been in the Hawaii radio market for years if not a couple of decades.
                  I remember hearing it on KTUH late nights along with the Seekers and Monty Python.

Back OT, I got a studio aircheck of Aku from 1960 when he was with KGU. He mentioned the new Aloha Friday that the Honolulu Chamber of Commerce inacted. This is rare. A studio aircheck not over the air.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have about a 20 minute KGMB aircheck with Aku talking to some guy in Cambodia or Vietnam about the war... from 1970 I believe. And a Granny Goose one from about 1974 also on KGMB radio 590 on the dial.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Back OT, I got a studio aircheck of Aku from 1960 when he was with KGU. He mentioned the new Aloha Friday that the Honolulu Chamber of Commerce inacted. This is rare. A studio aircheck not over the air.
                      Is a recording still considered an "aircheck" if it was not actually aired for broadcasting? Would it be more accurate to classify it as an outtake?
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        Is a recording still considered an "aircheck" if it was not actually aired for broadcasting? Would it be more accurate to classify it as an outtake?
                        This was an actual air check. Got both the over the air and studio feed cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          As was common practice in radio, K59 used to run both a skimmer and a logger (reel-to-reel machines) that would record Aku's and other shows.
                          The skimmer would start recording every time a microphone was turned on while the logger ran uuuuuuber slowly and recorded everything that aired (albeit at rather low quality).
                          I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
                            As was common practice in radio, K59 used to run both a skimmer and a logger (reel-to-reel machines) that would record Aku's and other shows.
                            The skimmer would start recording every time a microphone was turned on while the logger ran uuuuuuber slowly and recorded everything that aired (albeit at rather low quality).
                            KGU did that too. The cut I got was on a half-track machine recorder. When we were throwing out everything in our archive room (KGU) I came across this 10-1/2" pancake. Loaded it up on a NAB reel and ran on the Otari and was astounded at what I heard. Another 5-1/2" Reel was the studio feed as the quality is hifi.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                              KGU did that too. The cut I got was on a half-track machine recorder. When we were throwing out everything in our archive room (KGU) I came across this 10-1/2" pancake. Loaded it up on a NAB reel and ran on the Otari and was astounded at what I heard. Another 5-1/2" Reel was the studio feed as the quality is hifi.
                              Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. When you said a "studio aircheck not over the air," it sounded like you were talking about some unbroadcast program.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X