Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things we can't get here

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I just received the large size flat rate box chock full of Trader Joe's products. YUMMMMMM...
    LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!! I love those types of boxes!

Comment

The spicy dried mango is...is...<drool>...

Comment

I like their marcona almonds in olive oil & herbs by the bag as well as
        the pecan and walnut bags that are spicy and sweet.

Comment

At this very moment I'm thoroughly enjoying a piece of TJ's english toffee with milk chocolate...<slurp><slobber>

What dinner?

Comment

I can't even remember the company which made it, but there was a so-called "chow mein" packaged in a two-part can. The smaller top part had the sauce and stuff, the bottom had crispy dried noodles. I loved it as a kid.

Comment

Hey, Albert; that was LaChoy! I think they still sell it, too.

Course, we got the real thing here, so no need.

You can get large bags of chow mein noodles at the local grocery stores, I think.

Comment

"that was LaChoy! I think they still sell it, too."

Never saw it in a store here.

Of course, "cotton candy" is pretty rare here, too. (Speaking of kid-time favorites.)

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  Hey, Albert; that was LaChoy! I think they still sell it, too.

Course, we got the real thing here, so no need.

You can get large bags of chow mein noodles at the local grocery stores, I think.
                  They had that song "La Choy makes Chinese food Swing American"
                  This thread has me hearing that now!

Comment

thanks ever so much, leash!

"La Choy makes Chinese food...Swing, American!...La Choy makes Chinese food...Swing, American!...La Choy makes Chinese food...Swing, American!..."

somebody help me

Oh, yeah, things we can't get here...ummm Bath and Body Works! gotta get some when I go back to the mainland, I guess.
                    Last edited by cyleet99; September 2, 2009, 10:47 AM. Reason: gettin' back to the subject at hand

Comment

I thought I did with they jingle!

Comment

Kinda on topic, kinda off topic. But I buy spice from the spice house online (spicehouse.com) - the shipping to HI is very reasonable and fast and you can buy just small amounts and share them with neighbors and friends.

I make fruit cakes from scratch every year, but I could never afford to if I bought spice from Star market or something - ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
                          "that was LaChoy! I think they still sell it, too."

Never saw it in a store here.
                          just saw it last week here. crunchy noodles as well. same blue can.
                          n'importe

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla View Post
                            Kinda on topic, kinda off topic. But I buy spice from the spice house online (spicehouse.com) - the shipping to HI is very reasonable and fast and you can buy just small amounts and share them with neighbors and friends.
                            Thanks for the info! I can never find saffron here on Maui, and I've been trying to find a good online source.

Comment

Thunderstorms? Do you ever have thunderstorms there? I only remember one the whole time we lived there and it was the night of the Oahu-Wide Blackout. Heard thunder, saw a flash of lightning. Said to J, "That's the first time I've seen that since we moved here!" Then -boom- electricity is gone.

So I'm assuming they aren't very common occurrences, even though we ALL know rain is.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                                Thunderstorms? Do you ever have thunderstorms there? I only remember one the whole time we lived there and it was the night of the Oahu-Wide Blackout. Heard thunder, saw a flash of lightning. Said to J, "That's the first time I've seen that since we moved here!" Then -boom- electricity is gone.

So I'm assuming they aren't very common occurrences, even though we ALL know rain is.

About 4 years ago I was walking from the International Market to McCulley. I took the route along the Ala Wai canal and the rain was coming down in torrents. There was a flash of ligtening and a loud clap of thunder, no more but the rain didn't stop.
                                I heard that a lot of the pesticides from the golf course were washed into the canal. That, along with a burst sewer which was pumped in, made sure that there wasn't a fish alive.

Comment

Working...
                                X