Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 5

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    Well, considering they are inter-island flights with short hop segments, I think it be more than the HNL-ITO stage length plus 30 min. Because I don't think the planes refuel after every hop. A CRJ-200 has a range of ~1800 miles. Are you saying each go! plane takes off with less than a quarter tank each time? That would seem to be more costly to pay for fueling services each time on the ground.
    Thats exactly what happens at every airline. Flying all over the place with makes the airplane much heavier and burns way more fuel so they make the airplane as light as possible for each trip.

More room for your extra bag this way also.

Comment

Take a quick look at who's been buying Mesa stock recently. Seems like the Board of Directors is buying stock at bargain basement rates. Is that what's keeping this stock from tanking completely?

Also noticed that one multibillionaire and hedge fund guru George Soros had a modest investment in Mesa stock for awhile but liquidated his holdings completely in December of last year...just about the time that Mesa stock really started heading south. Hmmmm...wonder what the future holds for Mesa now?

http://www.gurufocus.com/InsiderBuy....min=100#double
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
        Everybody thinks this is really funny but how much fuel do you think an inter-island flight carries? Especially a MESA Airlines inter-island flight? If they slept for another 15 minutes this would have been a much different story.
        If they're like the other airlines, they carry enough fuel for the return trip. They don't normally fuel except in HNL. Probably a cost issue since all fuel has to come from Oahu anyway.

Comment

KGMB News reports that another go! flight #15 from KOA to HNL had a communication black out the day before the Hilo flt incident. go! figure!!!
          bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

The sleeping go! pilot (or communications blackout....) made national news - last night. So much for up to date - as it happens - news

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              The sleeping go! pilot (or communications blackout....) made national news - last night. So much for up to date - as it happens - news
              I saw that, too, and was surprised that the Today Show, yesterday morning, seemed to have scooped the nightly network news.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                lost communications procedures are very black and white. If that were the case the pilots still can land the airplane. Not fly out towards Easter Island for an extra 15 minutes!

They were sleeping! The Mesa pilots on this forum www.mesahub.com all say the captain was often fatigued but never admitted it (i.e. he slept a lot)

Comment

Could he be the same pilot on go! flt.1015 from Koa to Hnl the day before that lost communication with ATC!!!
                  bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Well, considering they are inter-island flights with short hop segments, I think it be more than the HNL-ITO stage length plus 30 min. Because I don't think the planes refuel after every hop. A CRJ-200 has a range of ~1800 miles. Are you saying each go! plane takes off with less than a quarter tank each time? That would seem to be more costly to pay for fueling services each time on the ground.
                    here joshuatree, found this just for you...

Documents: Airlines Forcing Pilots To Fly With Low Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by Star of Gladness View Post
                      here joshuatree, found this just for you...

Documents: Airlines Forcing Pilots To Fly With Low Fuel
                      Your link tells me two things.

1) Every airline is guilty of doing this.
                      2) There's at least 45 min worth of reserve as mandated by the FAA.

Comment

The sleepy Go! guys were on CNN reports today too...
                        good thing they finally got up and did their job or this could have been a much worse story for the 41 innocent people in back of the napping quarters.
                        808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Originally posted by 808shows.com View Post
                          The sleepy Go! guys were on CNN reports today too...
                          good thing they finally got up and did their job or this could have been a much worse story for the 41 innocent people in back of the napping quarters.
                          The odd thing is, records show both pilots had plenty of rest time before their shift.

Comment

The odd thing is, records show both pilots had plenty of rest time before their shift.
                            You cite a report written by Mesa Airlines and printed by Jonathan Ornstein's only firiend in Hawaii, Dave Segal?

Thanks joshuatree, but i'll wait and see what the NTSB report says in a few weeks.

I'll bet you $20 the numbers and times Mesa gave Dave Segal to print end up being false.

Comment

The weirdest twist yet:

Mesa to rebrand go! as Aloha Airlines
                              Aloha Airlines appears to be making a comeback.In a blockbuster move that is likely to send ripples through the local airline industry, Mesa Air Group said today it has settled its lawsuit with Yucaipa Cos., Aloha’s former controlling shareholder, and will rebrand go! as Aloha.
                              As I blogged: If you can’t beat ‘em… kill ‘em, then reanimate their corpse as a corporate zombie.

Comment

I was going through the CNN's web site this week and Miles O'Brien was interviewing someone in an airplane hanger and in the background were two Aloha Airlines Boeing 737.

Comment

Working...
                                X