Battleship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battleship

I saw a trailer of Rhianna saying "Mahalo M*bleep*" as she prepares to blast the bad guys and I thought, "mahalo"? did they not have anyone helping them with whatever Hawaiian words they decided to use?

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
      I also heard the extras were forbidden to use napkins during the meal.

How cruel!
      I'm trying to figure out why. It doesn't make sense esp. with white wardrobe.
      Originally posted by Adri View Post
      I saw a trailer of Rhianna saying "Mahalo M*bleep*" as she prepares to blast the bad guys and I thought, "mahalo"? did they not have anyone helping them with whatever Hawaiian words they decided to use?
      There's always (considering nothing is 100%!) an adviser available, usually on set. I haven't seen the movie but, possibly, the scene prior to the one you mentioned above might justify the word. And, possibly, the adviser wasn't consulted after the fact when the trailer was edited. Just guessing here! Helen? Did this use of "mahalo" make sense in the movie?

Comment

I saw this movie, too. It’s silly summer fare. As they say, leave your brains at the door. Forget logic, forget a believable storyline. But you know what? I kinda enjoyed it.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Did this use of "mahalo" make sense in the movie?
        That line really grabbed me when I first heard it. I did a double-take. Then I thought about it, and it sort of made sense. Sort of. It’s the scene where Rihanna begins to surreptitiously rotate the barrel of a large 5"(?) gun behind the alien who is busy trying to kill the good guy, but the gun is not quite there yet. Then the alien senses that something is wrong and turns around slowly until he is face to face with the gun. That’s when Rihanna says “Mahalo Motherf***er” and fires. So I guess she is saying mahalo for putting your face right in my gun sight. Still, it is a lame line. By the way, there’s a funny entry at Vulture.com where they list every line Rihanna uttered in the Battleship.

Comment

I enjoyed it! Lots and lots of Kaaawa valley scenes! Interesting story.
          Liked the shape of the grenades the aliens launch at us.
          They're the 'pegs' from the Battleship board game.
          Gotta go spend a day on the Mighty Mo now.
          Fun fare...
          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

The movie was pretty good, I would rate it a B plus.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/battleship-2012/ in that movie; the actor; Hamish Linklater was in a comedy series called The new adventures of old Christine: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/old_chr...ish-linklater/ Believe it or not.
            Aches & Pains
            (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

I loved it!!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Glad to hear the positive reviews. I don't think anyone is expecting high art, but I've been curious about this one because of the Hawaii links, and I can appreciate a "big dumb fun" popcorn blockbusters with the best of 'em.

I recall they closed down a freeway for "Battleship" shooting. Is the end result of this work shown in the film? I gather from a brief flash in a trailer, the Airport Viaduct may have a bad day?

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  I loved it!!
                  Were you an extra, TG?

Comment

H-1 near the airport does, indeed, bite the dust. Shredders bounce out of the sky into the middle of a kids baseball game and then devour the viaduct.

[If the city has to tear down now-abuilding rail pillars, maybe the should call in the Shredders. They'd make short work of it!]

Comment

That's one scene I don't understand or making sense. I can understand the aliens unleasing those things on the Kaneohe Marine Base, but why the H1 and not the nearby Hickam Air Force Base or even the Pearl Harbor Naval Base where more ships are there, since there were no submarines in the fleet outside?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        That's one scene I don't understand or making sense. I can understand the aliens unleasing those things on the Kaneohe Marine Base, but why the H1 and not the nearby Hickam Air Force Base or even the Pearl Harbor Naval Base where more ships are there, since there were no submarines in the fleet outside?
                        I'm thinking...

Aliens really didn't have anything in particular to hit, & perhaps it was just un planned, & possibly any where near where there are a lot of people, to just make a point.

As aliens, I don't think they sat around on a table & planned where they were going to make a hit.

As far as the creator of this movie, I have no idea Why they would pick such a location. Maybe it just makes sense.

I figure, if you truly still can't understand why the things are done the way it is in this movie, perhaps find a contact in direct to this movie, & there you may find more answers to your questions.

In MY true opinions about movies like these, I would just check it out & enjoy it.
                        Aches & Pains
                        (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Working...
                        X