Gifts that are you're tired of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts that are you're tired of

What are some gifts that you hate to receive (but just receive them anyway)?

What about those cookies in the tin blue cans? I think my aunt has the one that we gave to her from our neighbors a few years ago (or did she pass them on?)

Clothes are good, but the ones from long time relatives are always one size too small (usually though, they come with gift receipts for easy returning or exchange).

But money is always good, but you don't get enough of it.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Gifts that are you're tired of

I love those danish cookies! I could eat the whole large can if I wasn't counting carbs...wait I don't count carbs. Oh well more for me.

I hate getting those Entertainment books as gifts as they are worthless out here in Kea'au.

Then there's that gourmet package of select cheeses and cracker assortment.

If you want to send something to someone on the cheap...send them one of those AOL Optimized 9.0 cd's in the tin to someone for Christmas. They'll get the message and won't send you that fossilized fruit cake that's been making the rounds and you got it this year.

And what's up with those mass Christmas letters telling all how their family has become wayyyy better than mine and that cousin Chrissy got selected for JV Cheerleading (yawn) and little Joey is now toilet trained.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I love those danish cookies! I could eat the whole large can if I wasn't counting carbs...wait I don't count carbs. Oh well more for me.
      Hehehehe, it's good to know you like them. Maybe I can ship some of those cookies to you. Personally, I don't like those cookies. I usually end up throwing them away.

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3
        Hehehehe, it's good to know you like them. Maybe I can ship some of those cookies to you. Personally, I don't like those cookies. I usually end up throwing them away.
        yeah, lets! I got his address! (nah, I won't "spam" your home with cookies)

And my Mom always go to these bargin places (this year, it might be the $0.99 store) and pick out something to send to people, but she always makes it "nice nice", so it looks like its more than its worth.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The gift that is exactly the same as 4 other people in the same family. Like last year, all the females got bags - the exact same bag in three diff colors.

I love getting the food baskets though. Never know what to expect in them.

Comment

Working...
          X