The Coming War with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Coming War with Iran

Many of us aren't aware that we're amassing forces in the Persian Gulf in preparations for a war with Iran. 12 warships to be exact. Notice how little coverage there is on this.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/uss...mminent-tehran-

Of course, they're attributing that to Iran's alleged pursuit of making nuclear weapons. As it was mentioned to me, it took America 3 years to develop a nuclear bomb in the 1940's. It's very naive to think that in modern times, it would take Iran 17 years since they've expressed their desire, to make (or acquire) them.

Perhaps this would explain why we're going in. Pretty much the same reason we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. Iraq refused U.S. dollars for oil just before we invaded them. Now, Iran is making the same moves, supported by Venezuela, both of which are the largest oil producing countries, respectively, and are targeted by the U.S.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...onid=351020102

By the way, don't be duped into believing the 90,000 or so "leaked" documents was by accident. Obama needs an excuse to prolong the war in Afghanistan until we're ready to launch an invasion in Iran and Venezuela. War makes the world's largest profits for the global elite.

Re: The Coming War with Iran

Yup, never heard of any of this, thanks so much for sharing.

The third world war has been shaping up for some time now. . .and get this, Bob, since LONG BEFORE OBAMA!! OMG can you believe that?!?!!?

And, for what its worth, the Iran nuclear program has been disputed for years and years, but honestly, you want them with a finger on the trigger?

With all of your other narrow/feeble minded political posts, driven by the ambassador of Bob, most of your shit is laughable.

You take shit so personally, especially considering that NONE of us will ever get out alive.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

Tatt,

If you knew me as much as you think you do, you'd know I'm not defending any Bush for directing the unlawful invasion. Just be sure to include the Clintons, and now our current Communist President.

I find it curious that you consider my political posts laughable. I divulge information that very few people have the courage to face, and are supported by facts. I don't think there's anyone who backs up their statements with articles and expert testimony as much as I do on this forum. People like you rather get into the Dems vs. Rep B.S. war instead of looking at the real issues, and not realizing that our freedoms are being ripped right from under us. You actually think the wealthy democrats actually care about us common people, and somehow the rich republican is different? The saddest, most discouraging part is that many of us don't even care. People just want to take a side and fight someone. You want to talk about feeble-mindedness? Have a little talk with yourself.

Comment

The most leftish people I know speak of a coming war with Iran. They are almost nutty in their extremism except they have sometimes been right. I can't see a war with Iran, if we can't tie down third rate powers like Afghanistan or Iraq how can we possibly overcome a country with much bigger population? Politically we are creating a Russo-Iran-Chinese alliance, and China holds our debt. The total insanity of the bush years will have disasterous effects for decades to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
          Many of us aren't aware that we're amassing forces in the Persian Gulf in preparations for a war with Iran. 12 warships to be exact. Notice how little coverage there is on this.
          By the way, don't be duped into believing the 90,000 or so "leaked" documents was by accident. Obama needs an excuse to prolong the war in Afghanistan until we're ready to launch an invasion in Iran and Venezuela. War makes the world's largest profits for the global elite.
          Suddenly you got a problem with "BRING IT ON!"?
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

The Coming World War III - (if we war w/Iran)

Originally posted by Kalalau View Post
            The total insanity of the bush years will have disasterous effects for decades to come.
            I think you mean Bush years....
            The insanity is to blame any one or two presidents or even a political party for the mess we are in.

FDR tried to keep us out of war directly, but gave aid to those being attacked by Germany and Japan. When Japan attacked at Pearl Harbor, he was essentially forced into war or submission. He gets a pretty good rating, and I can't say he messed up.

Truman fell into the presidency rather than earning it, and floundered around like a drowning man. He has had some of the lowest and highest presidential approval ratings. He really tried to be a good president and actually did a lot of good for the country. However, he sometimes seemed to be going in two directions at once: demilitarizing the US, then committing us to an ill-prepared for war in Korea.

Eisenhower didn't mess up too bad, if at all, he gave us Social Security, the Interstate Highway System and built America strong while getting us out of Korea and keeping us out of war.

Kennedy, while very popular, and who initiated some important social programs, was also instrumental in getting the US involved militarily in VietNam. He also brought us to the brink of war several times in conflicts with Cuba.

Johnson was responsible for the escalation of the VietNam War. Enough said.

Nixon got us out of VietNam, thank you, but turned out to be one of the most despised presidents in the modern era due to political corruption.

Can't say much good about Gerald Ford. He pardoned Nixon, making him immune to any crimes committed in office.

I'd say Jimmy Carter was a president with 'good intentions' who ended up doing little harm, but little good.

Ron Reagan was a better actor while in the presidency than he was in Hollywood.

George Bush Sr. I admire for defending Kuwait against invasion and knowing when to stop.

Bill Clinton I consider to be the most leftist president to date. He essentially established the "New Democrats" whose aim is to further repress 'the people' as enumerated in the constitution. More rules, less freedom.

George Bush Jr. was simply incompetent. I have no clue how he even graduated college.

Simply, it's easy to just blame GW Bush for all our ills because he did mess up big time and he's fresh in our memory, but it's been a long list of presidents who have been marginally competent and who have contributed to the current mess our country is in.

I'm sure Salmoned is going to jump in and counter my comments with things I missed or deliberately left out, but this is not a diatribe of details, nor a defence of the "Bush Years," just a little perspective:

We can't blame everything on Bush; most of our recent presidents have had their share, either through action or inaction, of helping our country slide down that slippery slope to where we are today.
            Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
            ~ ~
            Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
            Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
            Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
              Yeahhh. I'm having a hard time believing a Democrat President who is NOT a Kennedy could lead a war.

If we have to go to war, I'd prefer a Republican.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: The Coming World War III - (if we war w/Iran)

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                George Bush Sr. I admire for defending Kuwait against invasion and knowing when to stop.
                Too bad he let the generals permit the Iraqi forces to fly their helicopters to suppress Iraqi government oppositions. We could have Saddam Hussein ousted long before his son had to do it, and not by our own hands.

But let's face it. Unlike the terrorist groups, we as a nation cannot fight a prolonged war. In fact, we suck at it.

Comment

Thank you Kanoihi for your history. Didn't social security start under FDR? I think I remember seeing a photo of him signing the bill that created it. Vietnam...its roots are lost in such murk--you can take it back to Truman, the key American error was in backing the French in their desire to recolonialize Indo-China, and Truman did that (don't laugh) because of fear France would go Communist if we didn't. It could almost be funny if it weren't for all that death and suffering. Maybe it could have been avoided if the political climate had not been so dominated by "red baiting" back then.

Eisenhower was pretty decent but madde two horrible mistakes--1)overthrowing Mossadegh in Iran which is credited with starting the whole Islamic extremist movement, and 2) letting a conglomerate made up of American oil, car, and tire companies buy up public transportation systems for the purpose of shutting them down thus shaping our Mideastern oil dependent economy of today.

Bush sr. did a superb job in Kuwait-Iraq. His NOT marching to Baghdad was one of the sharpest moves of the 20th century, it left Saddam Hussein weakened but still in power as a balance against Iran, it was genius. Now our troops are directly on the border of Iran, vulnerable if anything should start, and are in the horrible position of defending themselves both against Iraqi insurgents (patriots perhaps?) and potential attacks from Iran. Oh and bankrupting our economy at the same time.

Little boy bush the spoiled brat left a trail of wreckage behind him wherever he went. Read "Shrub" by Molly Ivins, published before he ran for president. A political system that could let an incompetent spoiled brat like that even get within spitting distance of candidacy for major office including being governor of an important state is broken...corrupt press for not simply telling the truth about bush, corrupt churches for backing him just so they could get their hands on public tax money, corrupt business for taking the so short term look at deregulation which worked out so horribly just as we all knew it would. I used to think 9-11 happened merely as a result of bush's negligence in not reading an intelligence report given to him almost 2 months before the attack, that forecast the 9-11 scenario, but instead going on vacation for the whole month before the attacks to his Texas ranch. Now, with reports of billions, maybe trillions of dollars worth of minerals in Afghanistan, I am open to the possibility that bush let the attack happen as a justification for attacking, subduing, occupying, and exploiting Afghanistan. Anyone cynical enough to use 9-11 as an excuse to attack Iraq, which was not even involved in the attack, would be capable of anything. At the risk of stating the obvious--a personality that is willing to accept a million deaths of innocent people to further his own political goals is not the kind of person you want in charge of your country. That is the kind of personality we have no problem criticizing in Mao, Stalin, Hitler, and other sociopathic leaders from the past. Maybe there's a difference, I am open to hearing about it if there is. But his mouthing empty platitudes about accepting Christ and Christ changing his heart...blessed be the peacemakers, the English language doesn't get any clearer than that.

Comment

Bush sr. did a superb job in Kuwait-Iraq. His NOT marching to Baghdad was one of the sharpest moves of the 20th century, it left Saddam Hussein weakened but still in power as a balance against Iran, it was genius.
                    Yeah, let's ignore the fact that Saddam gassed a village full of Kurds to death, but hey they're NOT Americans. Or eliminate any of his opposition by kidnapping them at night and kill them by his own death squad.

Genius.

Personally, I think we should have a war on our own home soil. How else we can bring back our soldiers home? Genius.

Comment

Overthrowing Hussein has been astronomically costly to us. Weakening him was genius, leaving him in power to hold Iran at bay was genius. He was not a nice guy. Sometimes it actually does take a tyrant to hold a country together. We have backed all kinds of tyrants, its nothing new. We were not "backing" Hussein by destroying his military. If we wanted to inflict justice on the world, why stop with overthrowing Hussein, why not move on to No. Korea, China, Cuba...a very very long list. He had strategic value to us, counterbalancing Iran's power in the area. Now we get to do that balancing act ourselves. Don't complain about your taxes or inflation or deficits if you support this huge drain on our economy. The cost has only just begun. This is the kind of mistake that bankrupts empires.

Comment

I never intended to honor this thread with a response, but I see my name mentioned and now feel drawn into it. The only war of any importance is the war waged within our own beings, or as the Prophet said (in another language, of course), "The Holy Warrior is he who struggles with himself." Purge the hypocrisy and realize a ten-fold increase in effectiveness. Sorry, it's the best I can do.
                        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Oh, wow, I thought I had something to contribute, but Kalalau took the words right outta my mouth....ehm, keyboard!
                          ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            Saddam gassed a village full of Kurds to death.
                            From my understanding, those civilians were unfortunately down wind of the war zone the gas was intended for and perished 'accidentally', not that SH cared...
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Overthrowing Hussein has been astronomically costly to us. Weakening him was genius, leaving him in power to hold Iran at bay was genius. He was not a nice guy. Sometimes it actually does take a tyrant to hold a country together. We have backed all kinds of tyrants, its nothing new. We were not "backing" Hussein by destroying his military. If we wanted to inflict justice on the world, why stop with overthrowing Hussein, why not move on to No. Korea, China, Cuba...a very very long list. He had strategic value to us, counterbalancing Iran's power in the area. Now we get to do that balancing act ourselves. Don't complain about your taxes or inflation or deficits if you support this huge drain on our economy. The cost has only just begun. This is the kind of mistake that bankrupts empires.

only word I would change is justice. It is all spread under the guise of promoting democracy. . .but, that has failed in the past too. A lot of parallels between the fall of the Roman Empire and the goings on of today.
                              flickr

An email from God:
                              To: People of Earth
                              Date: 9/04/2007
                              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                              God

Comment

Working...
                              X