Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iolani Palace Locked Up to Non-Hawaiians

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    apparently they are allowing folks onto the grounds who have business to conduct. Angela wouldn't have been allowed in otherwise - she works for the PR firm representing the Palace. The Exec. Director obviously had help writing his statement to the press
    Angela got via email and retyped it to us on Twitter.

And I shared it ova hea.

Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Video:

http://www.kitv.com/video/16092090/index.html
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

More photos...

Sheriff department standing guard.

KITV's Denby Fawcett on lawn with her cameraman.

Sovereign guys at one of the palace entrys.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

As always, Mel - thanks for the great photos.

I notice the sovereignty folks are using modern technology; Timkona should be pleased.

Comment

I was at the bus stop on South King and Punchbowl around 10:30 am this morning and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
              As always, Mel - thanks for the great photos.

I notice the sovereignty folks are using modern technology; Timkona should be pleased.
              those guys look more like undercover cops to me
              "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

http://honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...ING01/80430029

Access is restored.
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Does the place still have electricity? Who pays that bill? This would be a pretty good indicator of who really owns the place, uh, er...palace.
                  Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Karen - the Palace electricity is paid by the Friends of `Iolani Palace, through their account at HECO.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Thanks for the info. I Like it....hmmm....maybe some DO have a claim to it. Property tax...is it exempt from it? or do "the Friends" pay that, too?
                      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Separating people by race is a terrific idea.

Looks to me like those undercover cops kinda like the way people do things on the mainland. Note the earpiece with the clip. Most excellent.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          Angela wouldn't have been allowed in otherwise - she works for the PR firm representing the Palace. The Exec. Director obviously had help writing his statement
                          Really? Interesting. That would explain the speed at which she disseminated the release!

Looked to me like they were letting anyone in that would allow them to spread their "message." So Hawaiian-ness is at best on par with publicity as far as this group is concerned. And boy, did the local media deliver.

Comment

"Fill in the blank with marking pen or crayon."

Really, is that instruction necessary?
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

i qualify this as a hate crime against citizens of hawaii and the united states. it is a violation of federal law and the constitution of the US to deny entry to any public or private building based on race......where are the police???
                              i predict that if the police dont act responsibly tomorrow that the federal govt will intervene and hawaii will be the laughing stock of the current news cycle.
                              Last edited by escondido100; April 30, 2008, 07:56 PM. Reason: sp
                              the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

You gotta wonder if Hawaii is on the FBI's radar for hate crime. Most likely not, because the notion of prejudice simply does not apply unless the victim is perceived as a minority race.

No doubt the "N" word, when used derogotorily (sp?) carries much more bad vibes than the "H" word used in the same manner.

But what is most fascinating to me is the ethno-centric sense of being superior, special, or somehow different from another race simply by virtue of who your parents were, or what blood flows in your veins. Do those types of people think that Lincoln and King were full of BS?

2 or 3 more generations from now, as the colors mingle, like paint on a palette of beautiful colors, racial separitism will start to dissipate. Until then, ignorance is king.

Besides, if you REALLY want to flex your muscle as a Kingdom, try taking over Pearl, during Fleet Week, so the bay is stacked with modern warships and subs, instead of a symbolic gesture at the Palace. Guaranteed if you pull that off, somebody gonna listen to you. And prolly respond.

PS - One thing is for certain. Stunts like today at the Palace don't help the overall cause very much.
                                FutureNewsNetwork.com
                                Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
                                X