X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Last night's dinner and today's lunch soup:

A small jar of home-canned pork belly (I scraped off the lard to use another day), onion, garlic powder, thyme, bayleaf, Tabasco, salt, pepper, more pepper, vegetable stock cubes, pinto beans (cooked and dehydrated, from the prep cupboard), celery, potato, carrot...boil em up and then add curly cabbage chunks. Simmer some more and serve with cornbread.

One cup cornmeal, one cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, one teaspoon salt, 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder. Mix. In another bowl, mix a cup of milk and an egg with 1/3 cup oil, then mix that gently into the dry stuff. Bake at 400°f for about half an hour.

Christmas pudding and custard for dessert.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

After two big family dinners -- one at a cousin's house and one at a restaurant -- we're finally eating at home again tonight. My wife's roasting two whole chickens, cooking up some fresh spinach, and contemplating baking cookies or brownies for dessert.

Comment

Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack-in-the-Box and a bottle of water.

Comment

leftover lechon kawali, leftover fried turkey, catfish diningding with marunggay and fili long green beans.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Popcorn chicken and chicken strips from KFC.

Comment

Chicken McNuggets, double cheeseburger and a cup of fruit punch from McDonalds.

Comment

We went to have dinner at Blazin' Steaks on N. King Street. Located across Diners in Kalihi. It use to be Pizza Hut many years ago and then it was a Filipino Restaurant. The prices are reasonable.

We ordered the 16oz. steaks for $10.00 each. Includes two scoop rice, toss salad and a soda. They slice the steak for you. It was tasty the only thing neba have much fat.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Pizza slice, chicken torandos and a cup of fruit punch from Sam's Club.

Comment

Kal-Bi plate from Bob's Bar-B-Que in Kalihi.

Mahalo for the pics of Blazin' Steaks, Auntie Lynn! I used to frequent that place when it was still Pizza Hut (since I only lived right down the road!). I think it's funny how the tenants post-Pizza Hut still haven't gotten rid of that ever familiar roof!
                    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                    We're not here to mess around
                    Boston, you know we love you madly
                    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                    You know we couldn't live without you
                    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

I definitely need to check out Blazin Steaks'.

Tonight was oven barbecued pork ribs, marinated in balsamic all day, then covered with my own recipe rub. So tender the bones fell out when I took them out of the pan. Made yam chips brushed with butter and sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon to go with. Plenty of leftovers for tomorrow.
                      Last edited by skeeterbess; December 29, 2007, 07:03 PM. Reason: typo
                      Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Green salad sprinkled with a mixture of peas, edamame, bacon bits and finely shredded cheese topped with artichoke parmesan dressing. Boring, but easy!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

We went to have dinner at Blazin' Steaks on N. King Street. Located across Diners in Kalihi. It use to be Pizza Hut many years ago and then it was a Filipino Restaurant. The prices are reasonable.

We ordered the 16oz. steaks for $10.00 each. Includes two scoop rice, toss salad and a soda. They slice the steak for you. It was tasty the only thing neba have much fat.heheheh

Auntie Lynn
                          There's a Blazin' Steaks here in Hilo in the Prince Kuhio Mall food court.
                          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The picture doesn't show da kine fish they use.

It's "Opakapaka!"

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Cheeseburgers, salad and a cup of fruit punch from McDonalds.

Comment

I went to Mini Garden in the 99 Ranch Market food court. Ordered beef tomato with rice. It came without beef! Just tomato, bell pepper, and a tomatoey sauce on rice.

I didn't complain. Whatever. It was fine. But I shoulda just went home and had the pot roast I made earlier today, even though I had it for breakfast and lunch.
                                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                                X