This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

This thread starts the 3rd book of the ever so popular thread in the series.

Previous incarnations of the thread can be found at these links:

Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters
    Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 2

And to make it official, the first entry is about a piece that was reported by Erika Engle in today's Buzz column.

Darren Pai is leaving KHNL TV to take a job at Hawaiian Electric Company.

VETERAN reporter Darren Pai is leaving KHNL-TV for a job that will put him on the other side of the reporter notebook.

Pai has been hired as Hawaiian Electric Co. senior communications consultant, filling one of two vacancies there -- but with TV stations in ratings for the past month, he couldn't jump ship until the Nielsens were over.
    Last edited by mel; March 4, 2007, 08:13 AM. Reason: fix title
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Hawaii TV News Anchors and Reporters - Book 3

Awesome job Darren, he was always a class act.

He'll be hard to replace at KHNL for sure.

As for the other reporters who are still working I give them credit for doing a job that helps others.

For those reporters who are arrogant and think they know everything, I have nothing to say to them.

Comment

wow, darren was the main man over there at khnl...you could always trust his work.

good for him, he's got a little girl now and this is a good move for his family.

Comment

Diane Ako Exercising for 2

Diane Ako talks about pilates and pregnancy in the Island Life section. She looks radiant and healthy!

Comment

Watch for this one - Norman Lee leaving KGMB to go work for Marion Higa.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            Watch for this one - Norman Lee leaving KGMB to go work for Marion Higa.
            Does Marion need a spokesperson?
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

...hardly. She does okay in that department on her own.

Comment

From Erika's column today at this link, here's some scoops:

"KHON-TV is moving morning news co-anchor Tannya Joaquin to its 5 p.m. newscast and has hired former KITV anchor Kathy Muneno.
                (...)
                "Joaquin will move into Wilcox former co-anchor slot alongside Ron Mizutani for the station's 5 p.m. weekday newscasts effective Monday, April 30.
                (...)
                "She will also take Wilcox's leadership role in the Lokahi Giving Project, a community service program founded by Wilcox and Mariellen Jones.
                "Muneno, currently traveling with the Polynesian Voyaging Society, will shift from sea legs to air legs at KHON as morning news co-anchor alongside Kirk Matthews, on April 30.
                (...)
                "She joined KITV in 1991 and anchored "Good Morning Hawaii" for the last four of her first nine years there. She served as a newswriter for an Ohio Fox affiliate for about a year before returning to Hawaii, and to KITV as weather anchor in 2001.
                "Muneno has volunteered for several nonprofit organizations, including the Polynesian Voyaging Society since leaving KITV in 2004."

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  From Erika's column today at this link, here's some scoops:

"KHON-TV is moving morning news co-anchor Tannya Joaquin to its 5 p.m. newscast and has hired former KITV anchor Kathy Muneno.
                  (...)
                  "Joaquin will move into Wilcox former co-anchor slot alongside Ron Mizutani for the station's 5 p.m. weekday newscasts effective Monday, April 30.
                  (...)
                  "She will also take Wilcox's leadership role in the Lokahi Giving Project, a community service program founded by Wilcox and Mariellen Jones.
                  "Muneno, currently traveling with the Polynesian Voyaging Society, will shift from sea legs to air legs at KHON as morning news co-anchor alongside Kirk Matthews, on April 30.
                  (...)
                  "She joined KITV in 1991 and anchored "Good Morning Hawaii" for the last four of her first nine years there. She served as a newswriter for an Ohio Fox affiliate for about a year before returning to Hawaii, and to KITV as weather anchor in 2001.
                  "Muneno has volunteered for several nonprofit organizations, including the Polynesian Voyaging Society since leaving KITV in 2004."
                  Good for Kathy, good for Hawaii. I think she's been exclusively hanging out with Captain Hubby long enough! Time to grace our airwaves with her wit and charm, and nose for news (remember Tyke...oh how she winced when they shot the elephant as she was doing the live remote from Kakaako!). I'm sure it will help the station to have an authority on the Polynesian Voyaging Society as well.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: Smooth As Sandpaper

Found this on the web...you gotta scroll almost all the way down to find Hawaii's hottest female reporters
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                      Found this on the web...you gotta scroll almost all the way down to find Hawaii's hottest female reporters
                      Good Heavens! that's a horrid page. How long is it???

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                        Good Heavens! that's a horrid page. How long is it?
                        That page sucked.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That's a splog. A spam blog. It scrapes, copies, steals posts from other blogs and websites only to have some semblance of "content" to otherwise generate Google juice, ad revenue, or disseminate malware. It's designed more for spiders than humans, thus the ten-mile long scrolling disaster. I wouldn't click the link for a multitude of reasons.

The entry in question is here (if you must) -- but inactuality, it was taken (images and all) from an entry in Nate's "Talk Aloha" here.

Comment

I tuned in to the Channel2 news @5pm with Tannya and Ron recently. Usually I watch KITV-4 during this time slot. My oh my! Tannya is getting prettier, so much in fact I told my spouse she must be hapai! There's a certain 'glow' about her. Maybe she doesn't know it yet...

Comment

Fans of KGMB's Liz Chun, the "state's only female TV sports anchor," can catch her tonight at 7:30 p.m. on PBS Hawaii. She's the guest of fellow sports reporters and anchors Jim and Kanoa Leahey. Sounds like a good show for local sports and sports news junkies.

Comment

Working...
                              X