Poor customer service at restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poor customer service at restaurants

IHOP, Ruby Tuesday, and every other Restaurant for that matter. Believe me, it`s because high rents that can`t cut it. Every place is hurting and the only way to stay alive is cutting back on staff. Whats happening is more stress for the workers. More like double the work load, and heavy pressure.
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Most pake resturant food taste the same to me.
      Only reason we go to Duck Yuen or Lung Fung is because it on the way home after our regular Sunday outting.
      If I had my way, I'd go someplace else. But it's convenient, on the way home, and I'm just fallowing the gang.

I live in Kaneohe. We have Ihop and Ruby Tuesday at the mall. With all the talk about poor service, I refuse to give them any of my money.

Comment

Y'all are spoiled rotten.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
          Y'all are spoiled rotten.
          Thank you for reminding us of that, Susie. It's completely true.

pax

Comment

Just a thought...

If you're not satisfied with the service, you could try speaking to the owner/manager. First, tell them about something you liked/enjoyed (e.g. the food, the atmosphere, the large screen tv, whatever) and that you want to come back. Then kindly suggest that their customer service could improve by <insert improvement here>. They could totally ignore you or they could listen to you, but at least you tried.
            "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
            And we never even know we have the key"
            -- Already Gone, Jack Tempchin & Bob Strandlund

Comment

Originally posted by ddp337 View Post
              They could totally ignore you...
              I think that is in bold print in the instructions manual.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                now waiting for service 45 minutes or over.....i just walk out with a smile and thank you
                45 minutes is the time limit I use too. I wouldn't walk out as you never know that a restaurant worker might yell or chase you to seem like you're doing a dine and dash. But, it would be the last time I'll go to that restaurant.

Comment

i don't know if 45 minutes is always acceptable, even in a fine dining restaurant, to wait either. i think maybe 30 minutes is okay, depending on what the food is. it shouldn't take 45 minutes for a steak to be prepared to temp and brought over with the proper accouterments. if something takes longer than twenty minutes to get to the table, i believe the servers should tell patrons so up front.

some months ago, our rack of lamb and kurobota pork/divers scallop entrees (at a beachside joint that charges minimally $30 a plate) came about 45 minutes after our salads were cleared from our table. mind you, the service of entrees after salads at a high-level restaurant is supposed to be timed so that the entree arrives shortly after the salads are cleared away. the servers in the front of the house have to communicate the cooks in the back as to when to fire which entrees next so that this happens seamlessly.

after the first fifteen minutes of our wait, our server came by to check on us several times and apologized for the delay. the dining room manager also came by a couple of times, offering to refill our wine glasses at no cost. as we were finishing our entrees, they insisted we order a dessert on the house, and the manager served it to us personally. they knew that long of a delay was substandard for their echelon of business. i will add that my lamb was cooked a little unevenly, as were the carrots accompanying it. some of the carrots were overcooked; others were so undercooked they were just short of blanched. eric's pork was a little overdone as well.

but because that restaurant tried so hard to rectify a wrong without our asking, eric and i will definitely give them another chance. it was a slow night: our seating time was at 8pm, and i think we were one of only five tables at a place with about twenty tables. they likely sent their kitchen's A-team home early and the B team got a little too complacent.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

That is a long time to wait ! These people are supposed to be professionals and should be able to get their timing right. I would have just walked out after 30 mins.
                    Having said that,,,,, I have had wonderful service by the most polite people you could hope to meet in Hawai'i. Of course the food was superb. I came back to England with a few recipe books but they are totally useless. Many of the meals which I had there, I tried to copy but couldn't get the right ingredients here.

Even my lovely Kona coffee has to be sent to me by friends in Hawai'i. I keep it in the freezer and just take out a packet when I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                      but because that restaurant tried so hard to rectify a wrong without our asking, eric and i will definitely give them another chance.
                      I think this might fall under good customer service, rather than poor customer service. They knew of the problem and while they couldn't fix the original problem they tried to least make up for it in other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                        Gyotaku has pretty good food. But we've had repeated experience of very slow service. Even when it's not that busy. That place is not high on our list.If the service were prompt, then I'd have zero complaints.
                        I only ate there twice and I agree very slow! I won't eat there anymore (Pearl City) as waitress was slow to take the order and slow to serve. And for dessert, she only asked one end of the table if anyone wanted dessert. And after that, she had to run my husbands cc again as her first swipe of the card she put the incorrect amount....was off by a penny.
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post

but because that restaurant tried so hard to rectify a wrong without our asking, eric and i will definitely give them another chance.
                          Originally posted by helen View Post
                          I think this might fall under good customer service, rather than poor customer service. They knew of the problem and while they couldn't fix the original problem they tried to least make up for it in other ways.
                          i'd agree with that! also, we tipped the server 30% based on what the tab would have been, not what it actually was due to the comps. it doesn't seem fair to us that we penalize her for the kitchen's faults.
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I thought resturants were part of the service industry????
                            Has it changed?????
                            If they still are, shouldn't good service be the norm????

When I go to a resturant I expect good service, along with good food.
                            I don't think their doing me a favor by me eating in their place.
                            I believe I'm doing them a favor by giving them money for a service.

It's funny how people accept poor service as the norm today.
                            Kind of sad too.

Comment

Working...
                            X