Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of Hawaii Outside Hawaii - What is that URL/email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos of Hawaii Outside Hawaii - What is that URL/email?

I have a photo I wanted to submit to the paper....they sometimes publish Hawaii-related photos taken out of Hawaii. I can't recall if its the SB or the Advertiser. Anyone know?

TIA!
    Lovena
    Lovena

Re: What is that URL/email?

If you are talking about encountering a sign or a place of business that has a Hawaiian name to it, it's the Honolulu Star Bulletin. The feature is called Search for Hawaiian Life and it runs in the Saturday Honolulu Star Bulletin.

Comment

Re: Photos of Hawaii Outside Hawaii - What is that URL/email?

Yep, that's the one! I was searching the Advertiser's website all afternoon and couldn't find it! Thanks Helen!

Lovena
      Lovena

Comment

I wondered if that feature was still running. I had a photo published in that section in Feb. 2001 - "Restaurant Molokai" in Ensenada, Mexico.

Comment

Yep its still running.....they posted my photo last saturday....they didn't spell my first name correctly!

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...iian_life.html

Lovena
          Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            I wondered if that feature was still running. I had a photo published in that section in Feb. 2001 - "Restaurant Molokai" in Ensenada, Mexico.
            It's still there!

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...es/story4.html
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I invented that feature some time ago, and the response is so overwhelming that there are dozens of photos waiting in the queue. The Advertiser is not so big on inventing things, but they're gangsters on copying others. I think they did have a similar feature for a while.

It was inspired by a visiting Dutch journalist who covered dairy news for an Amsterdam newspaper, and who made a habit of photographing cows wherever he was vacationing and sending the images back to his paper. And the paper ran them. Cow news and cow features play well in Holland.
              Burl Burlingame
              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Working...
              X