Closing of Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Closing of Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana

Stopped by the Ala Moana Food Court today. I was kind of curious if somebody was going to setup shop in the old Patti's location. Sure enough there is, a place called "Chinatown Express".

Comment

I tried Chinese Express when it first opened at the Food Court at the beginning of March, mainly because I read they were going to be offering kau yuk. I love kau yuk, but itʻs not as readily available as before ... I guess because of all the fat.

Unfortunately, I mis-ordered. I got the sweet sour pork instead (which looked like kau yuk). Iʻll have to go back again and make sure I order correctly.

btw, what I did order was pretty good ... as good or better than Pattiʻs (the recent Pattiʻs, not old one).

Comment

Has anyone been to the Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Pearlridge?

Comment

I used to eat there at least twice every week when I was working in the mall back in the late eighties. Why do you ask?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That's the location that is still open. I am just wondering if it's still there or that too has closed down.

Comment

IF you folks love driving or live in Kaneohe, and you got your Midweek Newspaper, look for the Windward Mall supplement...inside, you will find a 2 for 1 deal (cut out that portion...dont give em the WHOLE ad) for plate dinner...you can have choice just like Pattis and get the other free! Its good ONLY from Friday 25 to 26 Sat...they have time purchase also from 6-8pm, so I dont think it will be valid for Sunday cuz WM closes at 5pm....IHOP also has special for M-F from 4-6pm, for sodas....call em to find out...forgot if was unlimited sodas or FREE sodas...

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                Stopped by the Ala Moana Food Court today. I was kind of curious if somebody was going to setup shop in the old Patti's location. Sure enough there is, a place called "Chinatown Express".
                if anyone's curious, the food at chinatown express is acceptable for the price, and the staff who work there are friendly (they say hello to you as you walk by). they have a small collection of dim sum as well as a roast meat section behind the regular entree area. eric and i find the dim sum tasty for what you can get at the mall, and decently priced. on wed night, we got 2 shanghai dumplings, 2 shrimp & chive dumplings, 1 pork hash, 1 taro cake plus one of those tall cans of coconut juice for about $8.
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I miss Patti's! Fun times with parents, friends, girls...
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

They had the best roast duck and sauce around. I'm jonesing.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                    X