Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honesty thread - Anybody here eaten dog?

I heard you can eat it with Fava Beans, and slurp it down with a nice Chianti.

Comment

Originally posted by bittersweet View Post
      You should have seen my face as I read all of the replies. lol
      Dude, I'm a vegetarian. Still, though, I have a special appreciation for "meat fans". Ya know, the kind of person that takes pride in preparing the perfect steak, or filet, or cutlet, or curry conch, or shrimp, or mooseburger, or whatever. The fact that they care is a big deal. Anybody can dump ground beef from a styrofoam plate into a pan and make 'food' out of meat, but the "meat fans" are cool.

What is balut?
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        What is balut?
        I believe it's the fertilized egg (either duck or chicken I can't remember) before it's hatched and it is consumed. I also can't remember if it's eaten raw or cooked by some method.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
          I believe it's the fertilized egg (either duck or chicken I can't remember) before it's hatched and it is consumed. I also can't remember if it's eaten raw or cooked by some method.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut

A balut is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled and eaten in the shell.

Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Eaten dog?

Yes.

Not in this country.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Humans are omnivores and either out of choice or necessity have eaten just about everything.

I haven't eaten dog. But hunted my own venison, pork and various fish. In both hunting and fishing everything that leads up to the "kill" is fun challenge. Once the trigger is pulled or the fish is landed, everything after that is work.

As mentioned earlier, dog isn't an efficient food source as you need to feed them protein, and that's a waste of meat. Also, dogs probably evolved alongside hunters and were seen more as partners than vittles.

And as for what I wouldn't eat, the only thing might be canned asparagus. Given the right situation I might even try the cooked insects shown on National Geographic. I figure if other humans can eat that stuff, I could at least try it if someone is generous enough to offer it.

Comment

Being Filipino myself, who knows, from the jokes of the old tata ones .... as they prepared meals on the farms in Hawaii (in the past). Though, being amongst several diverst friends hunters; fisherman from mainland and hawaii, everyone has there own techniquies. Some of which, I may or may not disagree with. Althugh, we can say, in different parts of the world, man has surely found their creative survival or delicious snacks of which we may not easily microwave or purchase from a grocery store.

But rest assured, this one has her dog adopted as family ..........
                Last edited by lei; September 3, 2008, 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling
                ... They said I'm much better now .... Tee Hee ...

Comment

Working...
                X