X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Cyn, Looks so onolicious!

We ventured to Hanazen which is located outside of Walmart- Keeaumoku.

The Kitsune Udon consisted of two pieces of fried tofu which was deep fried. The soup nothing special and green onions added. $5.00

Shrimp Tempura ~ panko and crispy. Also, nothing special. Sauce tasted like watered down shoyu. $1.50

1 Order Gyoza $3.50. Small pieces (6) Tasted good. Same sauce as Tempura.

I wanted mustard or hot sauce but they didn't have any.

Other Ramen Places I go to, get mustard or some kind of hot sauce. After all, dis is Hawaii!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Tonight I'll pan fry some ribeye steaks with mushrooms. Wheat bread with olive oil dip. Corn on the cob. Leftover veggie soup.

Comment

Baconator and a cup of Diet Coke from Wendy's.

Comment

Spicy ahi poke, sushi, tornados and a cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            I wanted mustard or hot sauce but they didn't have any. Other Ramen Places I go to, get mustard or some kind of hot sauce. After all, dis is Hawaii!!
            Mustard's not really a Japanese thing. We had some at the Japanese ramen restaurant I used to work at, but nobody ever asked for it. Oh, wait. We did put a smear of it on the cold-noodle plate.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Polish sausage, pizza slice and a cup of water from Costco.

Comment

Various stuff from 7-11 and a bottle of water.

Comment

Blackened red rockfish on roma tomatoes and corn polenta, with an avocado-lemongrass sauce. Salt-and-pepper seared ahi appetizer. Glass of Rose of Sangiovese.

Went out to dinner with my sister & her family, to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday (early) at Ray's Boathouse - sunset over the Olympic Mountains, viewed from Shilshole Bay.

Comment

Tuna salad on a jalapeno bagel. Then, a few hours later, tuna salad on a cinnamon-raisin bagel.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Tuna salad on a jalapeno bagel.
                      Ah, dinner and ... ... ...
                      Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Then, a few hours later, tuna salad on a cinnamon-raisin bagel.
                      ... dessert. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

BBQ Chicken plate lunch with a bottle of Orange Gaterade from L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

Comment

A cup of really good chili poured over a large bowl of raw spinach, very little extra-sharp cheese and tablespoon of lowfat sour cream, chased with raw vinegar mixed in some Green food, healthnut type juice, yes...BURP.
                          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            Cyn, Looks so onolicious!

We ventured to Hanazen which is located outside of Walmart- Keeaumoku.

The Kitsune Udon consisted of two pieces of fried tofu which was deep fried. The soup nothing special and green onions added. $5.00

Shrimp Tempura ~ panko and crispy. Also, nothing special. Sauce tasted like watered down shoyu. $1.50

1 Order Gyoza $3.50. Small pieces (6) Tasted good. Same sauce as Tempura.

I wanted mustard or hot sauce but they didn't have any.

Other Ramen Places I go to, get mustard or some kind of hot sauce. After all, dis is Hawaii!!

Auntie Lynn
                            auntie, next time you are by walmart and you're ono for good ramen, try taishoken. it's across the street and mauka from walmart. reid did a write up of them here. taishoken and kyoto ramen are eric and my two most favorite ramen places in town. i don't think either place has mustard tho. but they will have the japanese red spicy powder thing!

still reeling from our adventure with the cursed chicken, dinner last night was pad thai with garlic chicken (eric) and bun (cold rice noodles) with marinated pork and spring rolls (me). we stopped by fort street cafe last night for dinner. vince and eric used to work together at a fine dining restaurant; vince eventually left to open fort street cafe with his cute & friendly mrs. and eric left food & bev completely. anyway, dinner was really good--we ate every bite and waddled away, groaning, "uuuuuggggghhh...fuuuuuulllll!" if you're at fort street mall between hotel and beretania, consider them for cheap, fast, homemade and tasty thai food.
                            Last edited by cynsaligia; September 13, 2007, 08:41 AM. Reason: cause i listen to auntie, das why.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Mahalo Cyn! Antonio and I are really hungry and need to get out of the hale.hehehe We'll go to the first one.

TTYL

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                                auntie, next time you are by walmart and you're ono for good ramen, try taishoken.
                                Sigh --- no good ramen in Seattle (well, there probably is, but I haven't found it. There used to be some good places, but they closed years ago.) What do you think of Ezogiku? We go to their Vancouver (BC) shop when we are up that way. I went to one in Honolulu when I stopped by to visit a friend at Hawai`i Public Radio.

Comment

Working...
                                X