Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you play Rock, Paper, Scissors? (Junk and a Munk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you play Rock, Paper, Scissors? (Junk and a Munk)

Growing up on Maui, we said:

"Junk and a munk and a saka saka po"

This was recited while swinging our fists, with the paper, rock or scissor being displayed on the "po."

In the event of a tie, it continued:

"Wailuku Wailuku bomb bomb show"

And if the tie still continued, we'd just resort to:

"Show" with one downstroke, until a winner was decided.

Of course there was dynamite, but it's use was often disqualified with either a disclaimer at the beginning, or if it was displayed at the end, someone would most likely say "No, never said could use dynamite."

It wasn't until recently that I witnessed someone pull a "bible." Similar to dynamite, it trumps all. In a holy kind of way.

Comment

It was called Ro Sham Po in Cali where I grew up. Same game.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
        Growing up on Maui, we said:

"Junk and a munk and a saka saka po"

This was recited while swinging our fists, with the paper, rock or scissor being displayed on the "po."

In the event of a tie, it continued:

"Wailuku Wailuku bomb bomb show"

And if the tie still continued, we'd just resort to:

"Show" with one downstroke, until a winner was decided.

Of course there was dynamite, but it's use was often disqualified with either a disclaimer at the beginning, or if it was displayed at the end, someone would most likely say "No, never said could use dynamite."

It wasn't until recently that I witnessed someone pull a "bible." Similar to dynamite, it trumps all. In a holy kind of way.
        Hahaha! We used to cross our fingers to denote a cross. "Eh, das God. Your dynamite no can beat God!" Of course, later on the middle finger would show up meaning the player quits cause he kept losing. <LOL>

An aside for "Eeny Meeny...", we used to say it with the "N" word. "....catch a n----- by the toe." Funny small kid time in those days, we never gave it any thought. Even the few black kids we played with would play it that way as well. Of course now it's totally not politically correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
          Well, I did say I wasn't sure I had it spelled correctly. All three versions sound very similar, though. I'll ask the wife when she gets back from her bike ride.
          oh. sorry. i didn't mean any offense. uh, that's the way we said it. seems like the words and weapons changed from island to island, from country to country and from generation to generation. the same game is played in countries such as the phillipines and brazil.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
            An aside for "Eeny Meeny...", we used to say it with the "N" word. "....catch a n----- by the toe." Funny small kid time in those days, we never gave it any thought. Even the few black kids we played with would play it that way as well. Of course now it's totally not politically correct.
            I bet that it could be an "age indicator" by seeing if that phrase was part of the rhyme. Maybe used by the above 40 age group? Anyone HTers under 40 years old ever use that version?
            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Jan Ken Po

Originally posted by dick View Post
              Hehehehehe. I forgot all about dynamite. Those were the days! Some interesting historical background on the game can be found here.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
              X