Pearl Harbor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl Harbor

Coming to the islands Oct. want to take my wife to the Arizona and the rest of the site there.It has been long time scence I have been there use to live on Oahu back in the 70s it was free then I hear you have to pay and make reservations is that true any help thank you Aloha from HOT in Nevada

Re: Pearl Harbor

Link

Depending on how long the wait is, you might want to take in some of the other attractions, the Bowfin, The Mighty Mo, and the newest addition, the Pacific Aviation Museum.

Comment

The Arizona Memorial is free and there are no reservations. Arrive early or be prepared to spend a couple of hours waiting for your assigned time. Also, expect a lot of construction. The main facility is slowly sinking and will eventually be demolished and replaced by a larger building. Remember that you can't bring bags into the Arizona Memorial, and leaving anything in your car is an invitation to get ripped off. Leave everything at your hotel, leave early, but definitely go.

Comment

Bill, with all due respect, I have a suggestion! If you would be willing to type a period at the end of your sentences your posts will be much easier to read and understand. Mahalo.

Comment

Aloha,ok thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            The Arizona Memorial is free and there are no reservations. Arrive early or be prepared to spend a couple of hours waiting for your assigned time. Also, expect a lot of construction. The main facility is slowly sinking and will eventually be demolished and replaced by a larger building. Remember that you can't bring bags into the Arizona Memorial, and leaving anything in your car is an invitation to get ripped off. Leave everything at your hotel, leave early, but definitely go.
            I am so glad I researched all that before we visited because I saw what people went through with bags and all.
            All we took was a camera, wallet and the BUS! Showed up at 15minutes to 8am and waited about 45 minutes and got right on in. By the time we were in there was no more room for anyone else for the day!
            And we went on a Wed. so we could go to the stadium afterwards.
            Since when is psycho a bad thing??
            Sharing withother survivors...
            www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Pearl Harbor is most definitely first on my list of places to go when I finally get the money to go to Hawaii. I have the utmost respect for the people who gave their lives there.

Comment

Oddly enough, in all my trips to O`ahu, I have yet to go there. Time is usually taken up with all the visits to the AF's family (as well as some work stuff), that it's rare that I get to play tourist. But I would like to visit Pearl Harbor someday.

Comment

I haven't been yet either and I have lived just up the road from PH for almost 2 years!

The long lines always put me off!! But thanks for the advice and hopefully I can take my kids along soon.

When we lived in Japan, we visited the Peace Parks & A-bomb museums in both Nagasaki & Hiroshima so this will close the circle for us.
                  Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                  My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                    When we lived in Japan, we visited the Peace Parks & A-bomb museums in both Nagasaki & Hiroshima so this will close the circle for us.
                    An appropriate mention this week, I might add - 62 years on.

Comment

When we first visited Hawaii back in '89 we had no plans on going. My father made me promise we would visit for him. To this day it is still one of the most moving and emotional things my husband and I have done. Do not miss it. But be prepared for the emotional toll it will take.

Comment

Off topic but on a close tangent, if you have time take in the film at the Iolani Palace re the overthrow of the Hawaiian monarchy. I'm not Hawaiian and used to think 'yeah yeah' but after you see the film you'll get an understanding of why the Hawaiians feel the way they do. I came out of the theatre crying.

Comment

Working...
                        X