Petition Rush off KHVH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition Rush off KHVH

Here's your chance to improve Hawaii's airwaves in the best manner possible http://www.signon.org/sign/khvh-take-rush-limbaugh
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Petition Rushia off KHVH

A petition against Rush would be the same as a petition against Bill Maher.

Some folks just confuse news with entertainment.

Betcha Rush and Maher know the difference.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Re: Petition Rush off KHVH

Anyone that would attempt to equate Maher and Rushia as is currently popular by righty media obfuscators aren't worthy of legitimate commentary.

Comment

Pssst...vote with the dials. Change the station, turn it off.

Comment

Cripes! Not another petition.

How about signing this petition to put an end to all petitions?
          Last edited by Frankie's Market; March 24, 2012, 02:48 PM.
          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Pssst...vote with the dials. Change the station, turn it off.
            The vast majority do not bother listening to this station's messages of lies and hate during the day, and yet they'll stay on the air to deliver their poison even if there's just 1 listener unless different pressure is put to test. Turning the dial because I don't like it or listen doesn't make the needed difference, just like doing a dance doesn't cure cancer.

I would certainly appreciate being availed the petitions I've posted over time, as I feel they have merit and will continue, and anyone can post their's as well, no matter how stupid.

Comment

The strongest vote here is with the wallet.
              Sponsors do not like the idea of product boycotts.
              Simply refuse to buy any product from an advertiser on
              The Program.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                Turning the dial because I don't like it or listen doesn't make the needed difference, just like doing a dance doesn't cure cancer.
                But what you are saying is that not only don't YOU want to hear his message; neither do you want ANYONE to hear his message, including those who want to hear it. This kind of arrogance is unfathomable to me, and I'm an arrogant guy. It might be different if you were in some way forced to listen to him or hear him, but all it takes is turning the dial and you could be completely ignorant of his existence.

I used to listen to him, back when I was in college in the early nineties. I'm not really sure why except that my car only had an AM radio and I'm fascinated by the art of propaganda. Anyway, I haven't listened to him in at least fifteen years, and as a result I couldn't tell you what radio station he's on or at what time. I have an awareness of his existence, but that's about it.

Why would that not be good enough for you?
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The righty message is heard plenty, FAUX NEWS spews it daily, full of all the lies too many live for. But Rushia promotes hate and ignorance, to unacceptable degrees. You're not allowed to yell fire in a theater, and he does similarly with his blatant dis-info tirades. There needs to be a limit to outright lying on the airwaves, and he long ago exceeded his privilege to do so.

Comment

The righty message is heard plenty, FAUX NEWS spews it daily, full of all the lies too many live for. But Rushia promotes hate and ignorance, to unacceptable degrees. You're not allowed to yell fire in a theater, and he does similarly with his blatant dis-info tirades. There needs to be a limit to outright lying on the airwaves, and he long ago exceeded his privilege to do so.
                    If you ask me, there also ought to be a limit on how many different anti-Rush threads someone can start in this forum.

Just in this month alone, Ron, you've started 4 seperate threads beating Rush over the head. If you're gonna carry on a crusade against the man, then why don't you just consolidate all this into one thread.... and keep it there. As it is, you have two seperate threads calling for a petition against Rush.

This is getting ridiculous.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Remember when we hated trash-talker Morton Downey, Jr.? Blazed a trail for Rush, he did...

Comment

You're not allowed to yell fire in a theater, and he does similarly with his blatant dis-info tirades. There needs to be a limit to outright lying on the airwaves, and he long ago exceeded his privilege to do so.
                        Whoa, whoa. The reason you can't yell fire in a theater is that the receivers of the message are endangered by the expected response, in a manner they would never ask for or expect. Nobody in a theater chooses the expected stampede for the exits for no good reason.

Rush's listeners know who he is, and for good or ill, they choose to hear his message. Is he delivering anything to them against their wishes? I don't think so.

As for limits on free speech: those exist. They're called slander and libel. If you think Rush has slandered or libeled you, there are avenues for hitting back. If you think he has slandered or libeled someone else, you should take it up with those people individually and let them decide if they want to pursue their options. The radio airwaves are already regulated far, far too much. Your insistence that Rush shouldn't be heard by the people who wish to hear him continues to reek of unbelievable arrogance.

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Remember when we hated trash-talker Morton Downey, Jr.? Blazed a trail for Rush, he did...
                        He sure did, but I wasn't one of his haters. Downey was just trying to be entertaining, something timkona points out about Rush. I was working in a gas station in Kahala during graveyard shifts at the height of Downey's popularity. I had a small, black and white TV in the cashier's booth for company, and Downey was appropriately entertaining in the wee hours of the morning, in a way he might not otherwise have been. Just like the Love Boat reruns that came on right after him.

That Julie was such a cutie.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Ron, we've already been over & over this issue. and Scrivener is right - if you don't like what Limbaugh has to say, turn him off. Don't buy the sponsors products. But, on the other hand, don't try to dictate to others who may like him - its called "Freedom of Speech" and he has as much right to it as you & I do. The people who pay for his program don't care about his politics - they only care about their bottom line, its called "business". If no one is listening to their commercials, no one hears their message to buy their products. That hurts their business. The only way to hurt Limbaugh and get him off the air to to hurt his sponsors! The sponsors are the ones to contact, not organizing another petition against Limbaugh. He doesn't really care! It's just more PR for him - good or bad, its PR for his show. and you just feed it when you do all your protests like this. If no one talks about him or listens to him, he will become irrelevant. and thats what we all want, right?
                          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                            Rush's listeners know who he is, and for good or ill, they choose to hear his message. Is he delivering anything to them against their wishes? I don't think so.

If you think he has slandered or libeled someone else, you should take it up with those people individually and let them decide if they want to pursue their options.

Your insistence that Rush shouldn't be heard by the people who wish to hear him continues to reek of unbelievable arrogance.

Downey was just trying to be entertaining, something timkona points out about Rush.
                            Sure he is, they're just too dumb to recognize it, or care. That's the insidious part of what excessive hate and ignorance do, and thrives upon. It makes such over-the-top negativity seem ok, because somebody is getting away with it on such a grand scale. McCarthy crossed the line and was called on it, what's wrong with that now?

Don't forget, I didn't start any of this, I'm merely seizing on movements to promote, and letting the court of popular opinion battle it out.

They've heard him for decades, ratcheting up his arrogance all the time and it's time to pull his inciteful plug. I can appreciate your argument, I'll usually the last to stifle speech, but he's been a major force in fomenting the increasing return of open nastiness in current America, and I'm not interested in going back to the day's of lynching partys, which is where the rightys want us.

Entertainment? You mean like public impalings or beheadings? To even imply that Rushia is entertainment is beyond ludicris. Nobody buys that meme BS, unless they love BS. Granted, there is a huge hate industry that hides behind the entertainment facade, but the more publicity exposes it, the sooner it'll crumble. Unfortunately, rats will love the rubble too.

ana, he's got all the publicity and listeners he's going to get, it's a minority but with heels dug in, and now with him down a bit it's time to kick him. The ad sponsers are one way, and overriding public appeal is another.

Comment

NY times, March 5, 2012

His noon-to-3 p.m. show is the single most popular conservative talk show in the country.
                              Mr. Limbaugh is estimated to make $50 million a year and his program is a profit center for Premiere Radio Networks, the company that syndicates it. The program makes money both through ads and through fees paid by local radio stations, and while it often has sparked outrage during more than two decades on the air, efforts at ad boycotts in the past have had no measurable effect.
                              Michael Harrison, the editor of Talkers magazine, puts Mr. Limbaugh’s weekly audience at 14 million. Mr. Limbaugh says it is closer to 20 million. Either way, nobody else is close. Mr. Limbaugh signed an eight-year contract in 2008 that he estimated would bring in about $38 million a year, plus a nine-figure signing bonus.
                              If a large enough number of his 14-20 million listeners stopped listening, or boycotted advertisers, it might matter.

Or if many major radio stations pulled his program, it could make a difference. But his program is such a money-maker for them, that probably won't happen.

I doubt if his fans are all that upset with him.
                              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X