X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 2

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    All McCain has to do is to take what's mutual between Obama and Clinton and use that as his platform.
    So...in order to be successful, the GOP candidate should adopt Demo ideas for his platform? I like it, I like it...but I doubt that most GOP voters will, so while he'd gain Demo voters, he'd lose too many GOP ones in the process.

Craig, my friend - it's analysis like this that will prevent you and I from ever running successful political campaigns. And I'm okay with that; I suspect you are, too.

Comment

Leo, he should! McMuffin should adopt a dem platform if the rumor is true that he was considering switching parties. I'm not voting for him so he can join any dang party that'll have him.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        So...in order to be successful, the GOP candidate should adopt Demo ideas for his platform? I like it, I like it...but I doubt that most GOP voters will, so while he'd gain Demo voters, he'd lose too many GOP ones in the process.

Craig, my friend - it's analysis like this that will prevent you and I from ever running successful political campaigns. And I'm okay with that; I suspect you are, too.
        That's why I don't venture into public office. Man getting flamed on HT is bad enough for me

At this point for Republicans, If all we got is McCain and we vote on party lines, then heck with it take the Democratic platform and win the presidency.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Man, when someone from a candidate's own party takes them to task, I listen up! Dig this...

"As Hillary Clinton came under increasing scrutiny for her story about facing sniper fire in Bosnia, one question that arose was whether she has engaged in a pattern of lying. The now-retired general counsel and chief of staff of the House Judiciary Committee, who supervised Hillary when she worked on the Watergate investigation, says Hillary's history of lies and unethical behavior goes back farther - and goes much deeper - than anyone realizes.

"Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat, supervised the work of 27-year-old Hillary Rodham on the committee. . . . When the investigation was over, Zeifman fired Hillary from the committee staff and refused to give her a letter of recommendation - one of only three people who earned that dubious distinction in Zeifman's 17-year career. Why? 'Because she was a liar,' Zeifman said in an interview last week. 'She was an unethical, dishonest lawyer. She conspired to violate the Constitution, the rules of the House, the rules of the committee and the rules of confidentiality.'"

- Columnist Dan Calabrese
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Why not just vote for the one who will be best for America?
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
              Because they know that running for office isn't it.

Comment

Clinton's money woes are worse than what is being reported in the mainstream press.

http://www.blog.newsweek.com/blogs/s...-the-race.aspx
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                  * looks at Mr. Obama *

* looks at Lady Clinton *

* looks at Mr. McCain *

Well, if you see one, you let me know.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Well, for all of the accusations that Bill O'Reilly makes about MSNBC giving Obama the kidglove treatment, here's one story about McCain that I haven't yet heard a peep of from Fox News.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...n,336935.shtml

John McCain says he "believes that meeting the needs of our service members who defend us is our obligation" and is on a "Service to America" campaign tour visiting military bases and colleges while highlighting his own military service. But at the same time, he has yet to support an important initiative in Congress to help service members and veterans pay for college, despite speaking today at the Naval Academy and Pensacola Junior College, two institutes of higher education. In fact, just last week when asked if he supported the 21st Century GI Bill -- legislation that would make it easier for service members and veterans to attend and pay for college -- McCain declined to throw his support behind the bill, instead explaining that he had "not had a chance to examine it carefully." [johnmccain.com, 4/1/08; CNN Live Feed (Chula Vista, CA), 3/24/08]
                    McCain may say he supports our service members and veterans, but if he's going to talk the talk, he better walk the walk.

Apparently for McCain, talk is cheap.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Is there a copy of that bill online?
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                        Well, if you see one, you let me know.
                        Recent comic from " 9 Chickweed Lane"

Comment

I learned something new about McCain today and I was somewhat surprised that I wasn't aware of it; maybe some of you already know that his youngest son is in the Army and served in Iraq recently. I've never heard JM mention this, but then again I haven't been paying much attention to him. NY Times Story

Comment

Aloha, Mark Penn ... ah, nevermind, he's just losing his chief strategist title.
                            Last edited by Vanguard; April 6, 2008, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                              I learned something new about McCain today and I was somewhat surprised that I wasn't aware of it; maybe some of you already know that his youngest son is in the Army and served in Iraq recently. I've never heard JM mention this, but then again I haven't been paying much attention to him. NY Times Story
                              You're surprised? I'm not. The McCain family has had a long and deep involvement in military service going back many years. John S. McCain I and II were both Naval Admirals. John III (the one running for President) retired from the Navy holding the rank of Captain.

By the way, Jimmy McCain (who you were talking about) served in the Marines, not the Army.

Another son (John IV) is in the Naval Academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                                You're surprised?

By the way, Jimmy McCain (who you were talking about) served in the Marines, not the Army.

Another son (John IV) is in the Naval Academy.
                                You will note that I said I was surprised I didn't know about it, not that it was true. The oversight is due in part to the fact that I haven't paid much attention to JM and that he doesn't trumpet this at every campaign stop. You are quite right, young Jimmy is a Marine and would no doubt be offended at being assigned to the Army! Regardless, it says something about a family that is willing to serve in whatever capacity; something that is not seen in your average politician's family.

Comment

Working...
                                X