X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wal-Mart: Chapter 2

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
    Ummmm... I thought being an elitist was being on the top! But then again most upper management types are idiots anyway.

I really don't think this is an "Elitist" issue here.

Right! cuz 'elitist' is a snob

and elite is the best of a class. and Walmart and sams club is most definitely not the best. (its cheap and mass)

and walmart shopping requires the reverse of snobbery.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      Right! cuz 'elitist' is a snob

and elite is the best of a class. and Walmart and sams club is most definitely not the best. (its cheap and mass)

and walmart shopping requires the reverse of snobbery.
      Eh, Kimo: you going get in one beef wit da peepo who tink Sam's Club mo betta den Walmart and den!

Heh. Checked in the MW Thesaurus for the antonym of "elite". Some of the opposite words are: commoners, plebians, rabble and riffraff! Extrapolating that then, would that mean Walmart/Sam's Club shoppers are commoners, plebians, rabble and riffraff????

Miulang

P.S. to Craig: And I no care if da keeds like SBUX coffee...as long as dey buy, my stock going go up!
      Last edited by Miulang; September 16, 2004, 07:25 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

you no kea okay den I no kea too den you capitalist pig. So if you're not a capitalist reaping in the virtues of capitalism, then what does that make the opposition...communist?
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          you no kea okay den I no kea too den you capitalist pig. So if you're not a capitalist reaping in the virtues of capitalism, then what does that make the opposition...communist?
          Nope. I stay be one "pragmatic realist". I trying to provide foa myself and my retirement. I no going trust da government foa have Social Security available to me when I really makule, because SS not going be around afta about 2010.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            I no going trust da government foa have Social Security available to me when I really makule, because SS not going be around afta about 2010.

Miulang
            as mark victor hansen usta say;
            "social security is very social buy not very secure..."

Comment

Social Security is my icing on the cake...not necessary but nice to have if it's available.

I don't believe it'll be around that's why I decided when I buy a house my monthly mortgage shouldn't be more than my monthly pension. Thankfully I have no mortgage because I bought my house cash. But it's like that rule: If you can't pay off that new car within three years, then it's too expensive.

My social security is knowing I'll be debt free by the time I'm 65 and I've reached that goal already at 44.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'll snicker when it says Wal-Mart: Chapter 11 in the subject heading if we ever get that far with this topic.

No, I did not buy my computer at Walmart, I would never buy something like that at Walmart.

I wont refuse to shop at Walmart but I avoid it all all costs, my aunt gave me a few gift cards and since I cant buy something and return it and get cash back I have to use it as credit there. In my opinion Walmart wants to dominate the world's landscape so much that there will no longer be any other option to shop but at their store.

I wonder if Theresa Heinz Kerry owned Walmart would Mel shop there?

Makiki Boy

Comment

Originally posted by makikiboy
                  I wonder if Theresa Heinz Kerry owned Walmart would Mel shop there?
                  Speaking of Mel...where the hecuba is he, anyway? Laying low, on guard for incoming projectiles or just on vacation (I hope for the latter)?

Miulang

Comment

Someone in an earlier post mentioned that they could shop at Wal-Mart in the middle of the night, not this one that is going to open in a few weeks, they already released the hours and I think they close by 11pm at the latest.

Perhaps Wal-Mart wants to give its customers a break by closing early so they can go spend some money at the various strip joints/XXX video/peep show places.

Makiki Boy

Comment

Someone in an earlier post mentioned that they could shop at Wal-Mart in the middle of the night, not this one that is going to open in a few weeks, they already released the hours and I think they close by 11pm at the latest.

Perhaps Wal-Mart wants to give its customers a break by closing early so they can go spend some money at the various strip joints/XXX video/peep show places.

Makiki Boy
                      Jeez. Talk about spoilers! You mean the good folk of Honolulu won't be able to rush down to WM at 3 a.m. for that "gottahaveitrightnow" roll of masking tape? Most suburban WM's are open 24x7 (them's that are in the boonies with no other real competition around). Hmmmm...wonder if that means that WM acknowledges that it would be too expensive for them to keep 24x7 hours in Honolulu? I think you guys should demand that the Keeaumoku St. branch stay open 24x7 so us touristas can wander in there at any time of day to take advantage of all the neato-frito genuine Hawaiian souvenirs this store will carry!

Miulang

Comment

That is interesting, if true. Wal-Mart's other stores in Hawaii are 24 hours, aren't they? And the Mililani location is literally across the street from residential homes. Of all places where a 24-hour operation would make sense, it's in the decidedly urban setting along Keeaumoku. After all, you can go to Sorabol up the street at 3 a.m., and other sketchier businesses operate all over that neighborhood straight through 'til dawn!

Come to think of it, I have realized after midnight that I could really use some plumbing tape...

Comment

No serious they close by 11pm is what I heard, maybe its because Sam's Club obviously isnt a 24 hours store and some of the other establishments wont be open as well. For now Walmart might be testing things and see how many customers they still have at 10pm or so and then they will decide to keep it open later or not. Yeah, the other Walmart stores are open 24 hours I agree it is strange to close so early. Perhaps someone could provide a link to the story in which they told of their hours it was in the Star Bulletin or Advertiser a few weeks ago.

Makiki Boy

Comment

This link says tentative hours are closing at midnight, however I swear I had read a more recent article that said it was 11pm.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz04a.html

Makiki Boy

Comment

No serious they close by 11pm is what I heard, maybe its because Sam's Club obviously isnt a 24 hours..........

clip, clip.
                              Makiki Boy

gawd!
                              modern multinational corps really have us by the shorthairs; we are now spending our valuable time hashing out on a daily basis, what their hours are.

Initial phase of Brainwash process complete, sir!

good.
                              now, initate and instill savings over quality mental implants!

Comment

Lihue's Wal-Mart is not a 24 hour operation. As far as Keeaumoku's Wal-Mart, I don't know but Daiei is open 24 hours, so if someone needed to get something late night then that is available.

Comment

Working...
                                X