X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 2

Originally posted by pzarquon
    You saw my van, Lillian? Hope I was driving responsibly...

Good luck to you, at the expo, and in the election! The paper might have predicted you and seven others would share only 1 percent of the total vote, but I can tell you that you got at least 33 percent of the vote in my household (among registered, likely voters).
    Dearest pzarquon,
    I am crying as I wrote this note to you, and to all the others corresponding with me over the past 3 months. My tears dropped down on both side of my face. Few sentences from you on the paper, it means a lot for me. I always like to do things to others when they are in need. I was given back the kindness from you, whom I have never met face to face, when I needed a kind word the most, in this late hours. Every word you wrote in your note, was exactly what I need to support me thru to-nite and thru to-morrow until 10 p.m. Thank you.
    Love, Lillian Hong
    P.S. I only saw the van "HawaiiNews" imprinted on the outside. I did not see the driver. The driving was perfectly within the law. But, if I knew it was you, I would be following you all over the places until I got you. I might got a ticket for irresponsive driving! Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by lillian l. hong
      I am all done with my political life, for now. I do believe, I always can dream. I always can hope.
      Hello Ms. Hong:
      I hope you are holding up under the stress of watching election return results this evening. I really hope you are not done with political life! You need to continue to be a voice against "same old-same old" government. You and others who think like you need to continue to question the status quo because if you don't and get discouraged and give up, much of what makes Honolulu and the rest of Hawaii so unique (the "aloha") will be diluted to the point where it just might as well be called a territory of LA County, California. Whatever happens to Honolulu will also eventually happen to towns all over Hawaii, unless thoughtful people speak out and start planning for a better future for the 'aina.

Although the thought of mounting another political campaign in the future seems daunting, I think you can still do lots of good by speaking to the people you meet at the trade shows about your ideas. Eventually, you will win over more people...one person at a time.

You know, that's how avalanches get started...one little pebble rolling down a hill becomes a wall of snow and ice that well, moves mountains!

Illigitimi non carborundum (Don't let the bastards get you down).

Me kealoha pumehana,
      Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

With the Primary Electin over, let's roll this puppy to a new thread. The next chapter begins, as we look now to the General Election.

Comment

Working...
        X