Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panettiere Not Very Hero-like

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story....e-46fa04903291

Panettiere was in Hawaii recently and was expected to do interviews at a particular event. I understand people having the occasional bad day but this goes beyond that.

"/snip Diane Ako, award winning KHNL television weekend news anchor known for her reporting throughout Asia, Hawaii and the US mainland, was on the scene, because she and other local media were told that the celebrities were expected to do fun interviews about being in Hawaii at that event.

Witnesses say Ako tried to get Panettierre’s attention three times just to ask her a simple question, but Panettierre continued to twirl around and pose for pictures and then started to walk off the red carpet without comment. That’s when Ako lightly touched Panettiere’s shoulder and asked, ‘May we talk with you, Hayden?’ US Magazine says the actress jerked her head around and screamed, ‘Don't you ever touch me!’” Then Panettierre actually tweaked Ako’s fingers back in a finger lock, not only touching her, but seemingly trying to hurt Ako. /snip"

There are more details in the article, of course. But that's the gist of it. Eventually Panettierre gave Ako a grudging interview.

While Ako reportedly has not commented on the situation at the request of KHNL, Panettiere is still bad-mouthing Ako. The article concludes that long after this passes the tabloids and the show is off the air, people will remember her behavior. I think that's right, especially for Hawaii.
    Last edited by helen; March 14, 2009, 09:33 AM. Reason: fixed the url

Re: Panettiere Not Very Hero-like

I've met her and her mom and her roommate. She's no big deal. Tho she does do a great job with her character Claire, as well as when she was on Malcom in the Middle.
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

To be fair, she already has bad Hollywood influences.

Or maybe she just had her Panettieres in a bunch that day.

Comment

Maybe Hayden needs a Wake Up Call

Comment

Maybe if the public learns to stop putting stars on pedestals, they'll learn a little more humility but that's wishful thinking.

Hopefully Diane Ako's learned never to tap any stars on their shoulders again. If that person is willing to talk to you, they'll do. If not, nothing's gonna change it.

Comment

If Panettiere's "finger lock" was on-camera, maybe the station should have file charges against her for Diane's sprained fingers.

To shout at someone is one thing. To intentionally injure someone, even though Diane might have touched her, is actionable. If charges are filed against Panettiere, that would be really bad publicity. And Disney could decide they don't want someone like that blemishing their kid-friendly image.

Comment

who is she again ?

Comment

Hayden Panettiere, she plays Claire Bennet on the TV series Heroes.

Comment

Lights..., camera..., action!

Sounds like the red carpet needed to be whipped from under her, sending her onto what she keeps her brains contained in.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Per the article cited in post #1, referring to Diane Ako:
                    She is actually one of the good guys in journalism: kind, smart, beautiful, funny, talented, compassionate, not pushy - and frankly pretty petite.
                    This is the Diane I know. Sounds like the teen-aged Hayden had a case of over-inflated ego laced with PMS. Someone...quick...send that child to the naughty mat!

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                      If Panettiere's "finger lock" was on-camera, maybe the station should have file charges against her for Diane's sprained fingers.
                      Maybe we need to start a new thread called Diane Ako's Big... Fingers.

(For you newbies, check out this old thread, including lots of fun comments from Diane herself.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                        While Ako reportedly has not commented on the situation at the request of KHNL, Panettiere is still bad-mouthing Ako. The article concludes that long after this passes the tabloids and the show is off the air, people will remember her behavior. I think that's right, especially for Hawaii.
                        People in Hawaii know Diane and the kind of person she really is. Unfortunately, folks on the mainland might make their own conclusions. The sad truth of the matter is that because so many celebrities are hounded by pushy paparazzi types, people might very well make a judgement based solely on Panettiere's side of the story while Diane is muzzled.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

If Diane Ako could turn into a dolphin like in the movie with Don Knotts, Hayden Panettiere might be willing to be interviewed by her. Didn't Hayden Panettiere break down and cry when she couldn't save a dolphin from Japanese fishermen?

Comment

i think Hayden Panettiere is like on the D list of celebs. Everyone's making a big deal of it.

So she gave Diane the cold shoulder, it happens. Build me a bridge and get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by integlspwr View Post
                              i think Hayden Panettiere is like on the D list of celebs. Everyone's making a big deal of it.

So she gave Diane the cold shoulder, it happens. Build me a bridge and get over it.
                              The point isn't that Panettiere gave Ako the cold shoulder, it's that Panettiere is continuing to bad mouth Ako in the national media.

Comment

Working...
                              X