Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water: Tap or Bottled?

Definately tap water for me.

In some countries, there are people who don't have the option of getting pure water coming into their homes from pipes underground. We are so lucky to have that!! Yay, tap!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_cons...tap-water.html

6th is good enough to drink from the tap.

Comment

I grew up drinking from the tap. Still do. Now we have a fridge that has a water dispenser on the door, so I usually fill up my water bottle from that. Back before I had bought two sports bottles I use now, I used to buy a bottle of water, then save the bottle and refill it just to have the bottle to drink from.

I could not stand the taste of the tap water in Iroquois Point. They have iron pipes there, so we got a Brita pitcher. Problem solved. My in-laws here have well-water, which isn't safe for drinking, so I buy two big bottles before we go visit. But otherwise- I don't get the bottled water only people. My husband's like that, but he just doesn't like the "taste" of water. Water doesn't HAVE a taste unless the pipes are iron or it's well-water. So he puts Crystal Light in it. Weirdo.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

My favorite water is Kahalu`u tap water. Sweet, smooth and soothing.
          Bottled water is bland, flat and uninteresting.
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I have a TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter that I use for making colloidal silver. The meter measures the parts per million of any contaminant part per million parts of water. Hawaiian brand distilled water typically measures at 3 parts per million (PPM), although distilled water is supposed to be 0. the purified water by reverse osmosis from a dispensing machine at 99 Ranch Market measures 16-17 PPM. The Kirkland purified water at Costcos measures at 6 PPM. Tap water is in the ballpark of around 250 PPM. Unfortunately, when using the Britta filter, it only reduces the PPM by around 20-30 PPM's. So the Britta water comes out to 220-230 PPM. Not that much difference from ordinary tap water. Our tap water is fairly good to begin with.

Comment

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/breaking/80816372.html

Good da wada.

Comment

The cities with better quality drinking water above Honolulu were Arlington, Texas; Providence, R.I.; Fort Worth, Texas; Charleston, S.C.; and Boston.
                Maybe that's why the water here doesn't bother me! Those are both not too far from our water source. But I'm curious as to why if the water in Honolulu is so great, why did the water at Iroquois Point taste like sh#@? Do old iron pipes really make that much of a difference? Because I am NOT a picky water drinker, but that water made me gag. Even smelling it in the toilet once literally made me throw up.

Comment

What makes me gag is seeing so many users of Menehune bottled water
                  I worked at the Halawa plant one day years ago and I've made a point of not touching the stuff since. I'd suggest you consider doing the same.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

for me here in Texas I have to have purified water I can taste the chlorine in the tap water here so it will be bottled for me I guesse but when I am back at home in Hawaii why spend money on bottled water when the water coming out of the pipe is sooooo good

Comment

Tap water for me. I think it's ridiculous how much money people waste on bottled water and how much trash is produced...all for a product that is often inferior to a free product readily available.
                      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Did anyone else ever think there was a difference between "kitchen" water and "bathroom" water when they were kids? I always thought bathroom tap water was colder, but some of my friends would only drink water out of the kitchen tap. Husband and I were talking about this the other day and laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                          I worked at the Halawa plant one day years ago and I've made a point of not touching the stuff since. I'd suggest you consider doing the same.
                          Would you mind sharing what you saw?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                            yeah me too. If Menehune water is that bad I think we should know just what processes are in place. If it's bad enough for you, it's bad for everyone else.

So what is it about Menehune Water that is so repulsive?
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

*BUMP*

Yeah, I want to know what's so wrong with the Menehune Water, too!

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't see the 2 earlier requests until now.
                                Understand, I worked there 1 day, but it was enuf to see obvious problems as part of my grunt duties were to clean floors thoughout the work areas, and load filled bottles into trucks.
                                Basically, the place is an unclean warehouse with a lack of sufficient worker training, quality control, and supervision, allowing virtually anything to happen. The rule of thumb was, "if you see anything in the water, say something". Not for public safety, but for damage control.
                                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
                                X