Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite new restaurant?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Who are you asking, Sharilyn? I don't see "OBJ" in any other post. I also am not fully awake!
    I'm asking Creative-1. It's not only in the subject line, but in his initial post and in another thread as well (which I can't find now). And it's only after the word 'restaurant'.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Your favorite new restaurant?
      My guess is that it is an HTML "object" tag.

Comment

FYI, in the Flamingo restaurant thread, Creative-1's latest posts:

In a reference to Restaurant Row, the "obj" does not appear, but in the very next post with restaurant not capitalized, the "obj" does appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Tell me more about Zia's. I've been interested in that place for years but it's off my beaten path these day's and the timing's never right.
          There are actually two of them -- the original one in Kailua and the second one in Kaneohe. Both have been open for many many years, so they don't qualify for a "new restaurant" per the thread title, but still. Both have great food and good service. Check out their website and menu at this link.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            FYI, in the Flamingo restaurant thread, Creative-1's latest posts:

In a reference to Restaurant Row, the "obj" does not appear, but in the very next post with restaurant not capitalized, the "obj" does appear.
            Very strange. I DON'T see it in any of the posts, BUT, I suspect I created it. BC I misspell restaurant so often, I have my speed typing program - TypeIt4me - type it. I type rs and it types restaurant .

It's possible using this speed typing program creates those characters some of you characters see. I don't see it on my Mac (using Safari).

I also use it to type my Creative-1 name
            Hawaii Pacific University
            my name, Bob Sigall
            my fax 800 880-6458
            my book, The Companies We Keep
            and 100 other things, sometimes pages of info. It's a very useful program, but it might be the culprit.

Let me know if it's showing up above. I don't see it on my computer.

Bob

Comment

Serg's Mexican Kitchen in Manoa. DEFINITELY worth the drive from Waianae.

Comment

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post
                Let me know if it's showing up above. I don't see it on my computer.
                The only thing that shows up is [obj] when you keyboard "restaurant."
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

In the old KFC site on Kam. Hwy. twixt Blaisdell Park and the Waiau Power Plant is Mom's Soul Food/Crabwings Hawaii. I was tempted to divert from Diego's Taco Shop, but next time. Anyone been to Mom's?
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    In the old KFC site on Kam. Hwy. twixt Blaisdell Park and the Waiau Power Plant is Mom's Soul Food/Crabwings Hawaii. I was tempted to divert from Diego's Taco Shop, but next time. Anyone been to Mom's?
                    Haven't been there yet, and never heard of 'em either, but thanks for the tip! Next time I'm in the area I'll DEFINITELY check it out. I yet (and am very anxious!) to add SOUL FOOD to the category list on food blog.

Two new places I've recently tried and now have on my HIGHLY RECOMMENDED list are:

Blue Ocean Thai Restaurant in Kaka'ako (across CompUSA on Keawe street)

~ I highly, highly, highly recommend the 'Paradise of Ocean' dish, which are jumbo shrimps stuffed with a mixture of real crab meat and vegetables, surrounded by this amazing Panang Curry Sauce. I tell you, broke da' mout' winnahz! Buggah so ono!

Also raved about by fellow diners were the 'Heavenly Crab Cakes' and the Red Curry Chicken.

Great deals on the 'Lunch Specials' menu, where you can choose any one from a list of appetizers, soups and entrees, giving you a 3-course authentic Thai lunch feast for just $10.95!

Blue Ocean Treasure

BLT Steak in the Waikiki Trump Tower

~ While the sides we ordered on our first visit didn't "wow" us, the prime, dry-aged 1800º seared steaks BLEW US AWAY. I think the best steak I've had in my lifetime yet. Seriously. Incredibly flavorful and juicy thanks to the quality of the prime, dry aged beef, and so tender I could literally cut it with the blunt side of my fork! Plus you get to choose up to 6 different steak sauces (all if you want); most of which were delicious.

Add to that the complimentary and most excellent Chicken Liver Pâté with toasted Ciabatta bread and their famous Popovers, which are also a winner. If you're a Pâté fan, you'll really dig theirs!

It's up there with Wolfgang's, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Colony and Hy's, but we think it's worth it.

BLT's steak is so juicy, flavorful and TENDER, you can literally cut it with a fork!
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

TG and I found an interesting place one day called Kainoa's Pancake House and Bar. It's in Haleiwa, in the same lot as Pizza Bob's, across Kam Hwy from Cafe Haleiwa and Planet Surf. Anyway, it has really good, inexpensive pancakes and other breakfast foods plus a bar and pool tables! And they do take-out, so you can eat your pancakes at Laniakea Beach with the honu. I know it isn't new, but it was new to us.

I also liked Zia's. Mmm.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                      X