HD UH Football Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD UH Football Games?

The upcoming UH-UNLV football game will not be televised on free TV. Not even on a delayed basis. If you want to see it, you're gonna have to watch the live PPV telecast.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...t+on++free++TV

Somewhere in the background, I can hear Random gnashing his teeth to the nubs.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      The upcoming UH-UNLV football game will not be televised on free TV. Not even on a delayed basis. If you want to see it, you're gonna have to watch the live PPV telecast.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...t+on++free++TV

Somewhere in the background, I can hear Random gnashing his teeth to the nubs.
      Not mentioned but in the past both Dish Network and Directv show UH games available on other sports networks without blackouts and without PPV charges.

CBS College Sports is Ch. 152 on Dish, it's Ch. 613 on Directv(Sports Pack)

Comment

Thanks for that helpful info, Ninja.

The Advertiser gives another update with information on watching the UH-UNLV game on TV.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...ew+information

Once again, they only talk about Oceanic's PPV service, with channel numbers and even telephone numbers to place your last minute order. But no mention is made of the satellite services. Hmmm, has the Advertiser editorial staff become a promotional arm for Oceanic?
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

seems like it cause I can never find any info that doesn't relate to Oceanic. My landlord provides me with Direct TV satellite service.
          "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
          – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            You don’t have to.
            I have to.

Just like I have to buy iPod instead of Sansa because almost every third-party products fully support iPod, from car stereo to home theater/audio systems, even boomboxes, TVs, and DJ gears.

Unfortunate for me, I have to do what the mainstream do. I must relinquish my "outsider" title.
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
              KHNL/KFVE will NOT be able to exercise the option of broadcasting UH football games in HD until they upgrade to an HD sat truck. This truck will give them the ability to transmit an HD signal from Halawa to their Sand Island station, which theoretically, they can then broadcast OTA (assuming they have the HD field cameras to shoot the games with).
              Originally posted by Media Guy View Post
              In order to do the broadcast, Oceanic has to bring in a $11 million HD production truck. Its is big business!
              Originally posted by Ninja View Post
              NEP was going to convert it's truck in Hawaii to HD anyway to cover the national sports broadcast in HD for ESPN. What's funny is that UH may now be the only client.
              Mercedes Championship...GONE!
              Hula Bowl...GONE!
              Senior Skins....GONE!
              Pro Bowl...Gone!...Sorta

Pretty much left with (2nd Tier) Sony Open, (2nd Tier)Hawaii Bowl and Maui Classic.
              Not much bang for the $24mil it cost NEP to convert the truck.
              Hmmm... are NEP the guys who helped out with the Mufi-Kobayashi-Panos debate at Hawai‘i Theater?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

I can't remember for certain but I think the truck for the KGMB Mayoral debate was Liquid Planet Studios'.

Also, the truck doing the HD PPV games isn't NEP's. KHNL/KFVE brought one in from Utah. It used to do the Utah Jazz games but lost the contract.
                NEP has lost a lot of the bigger events that went away, but its doing over 80 events for OC16 this year in HD. They have always been their bread and butter client.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                  Pretty much left with (2nd Tier) Sony Open, (2nd Tier)Hawaii Bowl and Maui Classic.
                  Not much bang for the $24mil it cost NEP to convert the truck.
                  Those folks just have to think hard and come up with ways to successfully market the HD service and the island scenery.

For instance, an edited telecast of the Honolulu Marathon has been shown in Japan the last few years by Tokyo Broadcasting System. Would TBS be interested in expanded coverage in full HD glory?

Up until a few years ago, events like the Aloha Festivals floral parade and the Ironman Triathlon were mainstays on national TV. Would the prospect of HD coverage revive network interest in these events?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    Those folks just have to think hard and come up with ways to successfully market the HD service and the island scenery.

For instance, an edited telecast of the Honolulu Marathon has been shown in Japan the last few years by Tokyo Broadcasting System. Would TBS be interested in expanded coverage in full HD glory?

Up until a few years ago, events like the Aloha Festivals floral parade and the Ironman Triathlon were mainstays on national TV. Would the prospect of HD coverage revive network interest in these events?
                    During the 70's thru 90's KGMB and I think maybe in later years KITV would air a Honolulu Marathon special with edited highlights of the race. Now you can buy a DVD of yourself in the race.

When was the last time the Aloha Festivals Floral parade was on national tv?
                    I remember during the 70's and 80's portions of the parade were aired as part of CBS's Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Locally they would have a Santa Claus be in the parade in September to make it sense for the mainland viewers thinking it was a recent or even live event.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by 2k-tl View Post
                      Does anyone know whether or not the upcoming UH Football games will be broadcast in HD? It seems rather pathetic that we can get local highschool football games in HD but not the UH games.
                      Thanks!
                      would it matter? uh didn't win against nevada
                      Last edited by Seeking Penance; September 21, 2009, 10:04 AM.
                      stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                        Trojuns lost to a team that was 0-12 last year, 13 to 16. Snicker, snicker. Tommy Trojun must be in a world of hurt today.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                          Trojuns lost to a team that was 0-12 last year, 13 to 16. Snicker, snicker. Tommy Trojun must be in a world of hurt today.
                          I took UW and gave USC 2 points. Did I win?

Comment

it would matter to true uh fans...

Comment

Originally posted by 2k-tl View Post
                              it would matter to true uh fans...
                              I might also add, UH has NOT played Nevada yet. As you can see from this official Warriors schedule, they play the Wolf Pack on October 31.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                I took UW and gave USC 2 points. Did I win?
                                You won da house, WB.
                                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                                X