Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaiian Airlines Signs With Airbus

Originally posted by Kaukura View Post
    Im one of those that find that somewhat a stretch. I guess "technically" you could say HA has the best "on time" performance, but really how can you compare sun drenched HNL with service "just" to/from about 9 or 10 west coast cities with airlines such as UA, US, AA, NW, CO etc. serving rain soaked and wintery iced hubs throughout the nation, even during high summer, many of those airports are choked to capacity with , while HNL flights ease in and out due to minimal traffic here. Not really a fair comparison in my opinion. Even interisland, I've rarely had an Interisland flight leave late save for the occasional storm (as in Kona in December, but that was due to a late inbound from HNL).
    Many consumers don't try to dig deeper into the stats, Kaukura. That's how lots of companies get away with being "less than 100% truthful" about their claims. One of my biostat profs put it this way: "statistics can be skewed to anyone's advantage..." One thing I do know about HA transpac flight schedules, though. In all the times I've flown from SEA to OGG, most of the time the flight leaves SEA on time and actually gets to OGG 20 minutes or so early, which kinda tells me that HA, at least, may pad its arrival times just a skosh to account for possible delays at the gate!
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      "statistics can be skewed to anyone's advantage..."
      Heh. There's a keeper of a quote.

In all the times I've flown from SEA to OGG, most of the time the flight leaves SEA on time and actually gets to OGG 20 minutes or so early, which kinda tells me that HA, at least, may pad its arrival times just a skosh to account for possible delays at the gate!
      Now see, that's silly. Every airline arrives early flying westbound to Hawaii due to tailwinds!
      I have friends who always buy the yearly pass on ATA, and for the several years they've been coming over at least once a month, every single flight has arrived early. [/yawn]
      Why is HA being singled out as "padding its arrival times"?
      Sheesh.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        I'm just a bit upset at Hawaiian that they could expand their overseas routes yet don't even have the courtesy to expand a direct Hilo to Maui route.
        They don't do the grand tour flights anymore? Like from Oahu, to Maui and then to either Hilo or Kona?

Comment

Back in the 1980s Hawaiian Airlines offered interisland flight tours on their Dash 7 turboprops.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Now if you want to fly via jet to Maui from Hilo you have to fly into Oahu first, stay for an hour then fly to Maui making business travel between Hilo and Maui a slow process.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
              As long as go! is in Hawaii and running in the red with $39 fares, neither HA nor AQ is going to do much reaching out to local travellers, unfortunately. All they will try to do is match go! and hope it leaves town soon.
              But did HA and AQ reach out to the locals before go! came along? I believe they just simply passed along any additional costs to the flying public instead of looking at ways to cut costs.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Every airline arrives early flying westbound to Hawaii due to tailwinds!
              I thought it was the other way around, flying westbound means flying into the winds?

Comment

Working...
              X