quietly and humbly places mccain sign off to the side

*double and triple sighs*
    stay forever young

Comment

Re: President Barack Obama!

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post

You forgot your plate of crow. You can eat it now or maybe later.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post

I'll look forward to buying you a beer some day, SP. Really.
        Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
        Aaaaaw, WB...methinks that's a more appropriate reply for timkona.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          i had that shortly after the results...thank you very much Walkoff Balk
          stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            I'm all FOR Income Redistribution. In fact, I forced a couple of lib friends at the bar tonight buy me my beers just to prove they support the new president. This promises to be a boon to my bar bill......simply to ask people to put their money where their mouth is. Salut!

Unlike some scumbags I have seen with a "He's not my President" bumper sticker on their car, I promise to be supportive of our new President, President Barack Obama. Hooray !! Bring on the Income Redistribution.

Pardon me Tutusue, my beer is getting short, and my pockets even shorter.... would you be so kind as to REDISTRIBUTE some of your income to cover my next tall, frosty, beer? I knew that you would, you fantastic Obama lover. Oh, this is so excellent.

Who's next?? Come on folks...Show your pride.

I'm truly gonna love the next 4 years.
            Glad you are in support of "income redistribution." Because that is the system we have been living under for many years now, in case you haven't noticed. What is social security, if not income redistribution?

Heck, if you or any relative of yours have received any assistance from Medicare and/or Medicaid, then congrats! You are the beneficiary of income redistribution.

Welcome to the wonders of the American mixed economy.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

A few thoughts :

The great thing about the speech last night by Obama was that it was consistent with his demeanor throughout the campaign.

It was not a celebratory victory speech.

It was not overjoyed or overwrought with bliss for "winning". He was like always he always is in his public apppearances. Composed, steady, determined, serious, compassionate, humble, and best of all...positive. That was what struck me most about it, despite the fact that it could have easily been overly celebratory....especially with what....150 thousand people going insane for him.

That's the thing I really like about Barack Obama, and that's one of the things that made me vote for him.

Second thing : The media is obviously making a huge deal out of the fact that he is the first black president, and that IS a huge deal, but he really is born of diversity.

A Black/African father, a white American mother.
              He lived in Indonesia for 6 years of his childhood, then returned to Hawaii...undisputedly the most racially diverse state in the USA. He is true a product of racial diversity...he had no choice in the matter, and racial tolerance isn't something he had to learn, like most of us...he had to LIVE it...from day one of his life. These are the things that shaped him as a person.

So, really he is closer to what America is supposed to represent, but so far has failed to do so. He is a bridge between white and black America, because he is both white AND black.

So, this is a GIANT step for our country, and I'm glad was alive to witness it.

Anyway, there's my $.02
              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Anyone want to see what real "income redistribution" is about? Read this and kick in. Contribute the price of a few beers, maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
                  He is true a product of racial diversity

So, really he is closer to what America is supposed to represent, but so far has failed to do so. He is a bridge between white and black America, because he is both white AND black.
                  Matapule agrees with you TY. This was not a victory for black America. It was not a victory for white America. It was a victory for divesity and tolerance for the whole world.

I could not help but noticing the difference in the crowds between the McCain and Obama locations. Which crowd looked like the REAL America? The Obama crowd is the one I am used to mingling with day to day and the one I would have felt more comfortable in.
                  Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

All that Income Redistribution last night has given me a slight headache this morning.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

All that Income Redistribution last night has given me a slight headache this morning.
                      One word for ya: "glurg."

Comment

You make over $250K annually? Your tax rate will go up from 36% to 39%. That means that on an income of $250K you will pay $7,500 more in income tax. There goes ALL your beer money!

I am taking the money I would have used to buy you a beer and giving it to the mythical welfare recipient who drives the Escalade. He needs a beer more than you do.
                        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

*sighs*

............................period!
                          stay forever young

Comment

Only a few loose ends to tidy up after this historic moment and the opportunities it offers:
                            Ted Stevens GO TO JAIL ALREADY!
                            Al Franken lost by a razor thin margin, w/automatic re-count
                            What happened to the Big Island pot bill? Not one mention in the morning dailys or radio last night.

BTW, TK, here's your beer, bottom's up!
                            What? It's beer... trust me... it is... come on, here's a lime, kill it!
                            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Newsweek has a great series of articles about the campaign. The stories were embargoed until today. Check them out.

There was a lot more hatred directed toward the Obamas than we saw. And I'm still concerned for his safety today. I keep thinking about what happened to both Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King.

Anyone noticed the heavy glass on either side of Obama's stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                                Anyone noticed the heavy glass on either side of Obama's stage?
                                I wondered why just to the sides?
                                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Working...
                                X