Magnetic Anomaly - H-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnetic Anomaly - H-3

I totally feel like the party pooper but...

In defense of the electric power lines under the road theory...it would explain why sometimes it's there and sometimes not. It could be a load balancing line between two power plants on the grid delivering additional current when needed in one area or another.

The other more interesting possibility is that I'm a government plant trying to dismiss legitimate concerns about not so subtle evidence of the rail gun built under H-3 (also explaining why anyone would pay that much for a highway).

Comment

Originally posted by naunca View Post
      I totally feel like the party pooper but...

In defense of the electric power lines under the road theory...it would explain why sometimes it's there and sometimes not. It could be a load balancing line between two power plants on the grid delivering additional current when needed in one area or another.

The other more interesting possibility is that I'm a government plant trying to dismiss legitimate concerns about not so subtle evidence of the rail gun built under H-3 (also explaining why anyone would pay that much for a highway).

Disregard naunca...there's nothing going on here...please take off your aluminum foil hats and get back to your normal unproductive lives...this is a message from a highly classified unknown super secret government agency that only exists in the future...ummm did I say future? Nevermind
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Funny, today when I went through the 'area' the reaction was a lot less than it usually is, but it was still obviously there. The other day when it was so strong, it had been raining, and the roads were wet. We have SO much to examine, and SO much to learn.
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          this is a message from a highly classified unknown super secret government agency that only exists in the future...ummm did I say future?
          Or from a hot tub time machine.

Comment

Still there.

How many HT'er's have gone out to see it in action?

It's mind boggling.
            ~ ~

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
              I'm just curious as to what's causing it. I'm not worried about exposure to magnetic fields. I work around electronic equipment all day long and it hasn't affected me. I work around electronic equipment all day long and it hasn't affected me.
              I think it's a legitimate concern. I mean, our bodies produce magnetic fields. Mess with that and who knows? Maybe you'll start hating donuts and go back to wearing bell bottoms.

Comment

Just for the record:

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                I think it's a legitimate concern. I mean, our bodies produce magnetic fields. Mess with that and who knows? Maybe you'll start hating donuts and go back to wearing bell bottoms.
                I'm just curious as to what's causing it. I'm not worried about exposure to magnetic fields. I work around electronic equipment all day long and it hasn't affected me. I work around electronic equipment all day long and it hasn't affected me. I'm just curious as to what's causing it!
                My boss says: "Magnetic fields are GOOD for you!" I'm just curious as to what's causing it. I'm not worried about exposure to magnetic fields.

OK, bob, maybe YOUR body produces magnetic fields.... But as for us NORMAL folk.... we just do electro-static!

Bell-bottoms let the excess energy drain off without 'Zap-zaps.'

kKkKkKkkKKKkkk!

Happy Easter!

I just can't wait for Wester, Norther and Souther, too!*

*(Available on an H-3 highway near YOU!)
                Last edited by Kaonohi; April 4, 2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: bbbbbbob, bbbbbbob
                ~ ~

Comment

Here is the video of the compass movement while driving.

http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/z...inaHide003.flv
                  ~ ~

Comment

I tried the H3 anomaly out yesterday afternoon and again that evening. I used a magnetic 'map compass', you know, the flat kind that boy scouts use, and sure enough, town side of the tunnel, the needle went every which way! On the way back, the effect was less vigorous, but still very obvious. What is going on around there?!
                    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

I'm just going to take a guess here, but steel girders or steel framework can certainly mess with compasses. The buildings on my campus are all steel framework and it makes doing any comprehensive experiment useless. I can walk around the science building with a compass and watch the needle spin around the same way you are describing.

I'll bet that if you contact any physicist at UH, they'd jump at the chance to investigate - just for the cool factor

Comment

They probably would, but it's kind of cool keeping it between us, isn't it? Like a big HT super-secret.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                          I'll bet that if you contact any physicist at UH, they'd jump at the chance to investigate - just for the cool factor
                          I sent an email to the head of the physics department at UH, (see response below)
                          it was passed on to "colleagues," but I've heard nothing more.

(Personal data removed for privacy concerns)
                          I am not sure what is causing your car compass to spin and reverse direction. However, compass is very sensitive to even minute magnetic field and/or electrical current. There may be magnetic materials in the freeway or electrical current nearby (??).
                          Have you driven through the H3 again? Does the effect occur again?
                          I will ask my colleagues if they have any idea.

Professor of Physics
                          University of Hawaii
                          2505 Correa Road
                          Honolulu, Hawaii 96822
                          I answered the questions

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your questions:
                          I have been monitoring this anomaly for over three months, since I installed a compass in my car and noticed the aberrant behavior in my trip through Halawa valley.

The effect seems to be variable, stronger on some days and weaker on others.

I have queried DOT and Highway Dept., and they deny knowledge.

Certainly there is electrical current for freeway streetlights, there are several antennas installed just outside the tunnel, but this is at both ends, and the anomaly only occurs in both directional lanes only on the Western end.

Overhead transmission lines do cross the valley at some points, but there seems to be no difference in the effect when these are close or far.

Monday when I drove through the effect was there, but weak. The Friday before that the effect was very strong.
                          The Monday before that, a friend claimed the effect was nonexistent. The following day it was quite evident. There may be differences dependent on weather - I'll try to track that - or it may be a system used by the Highway Dept. (magnetic car counting?) that is switched on or off.

On the Friday when the accident occurred in the Eastbound tunnel we examined the Westbound lane on foot (which requires special permission, which we didn't have), and the 180 degree reversal was strong, and consistent, but ONLY above the roadbed. When the compass was held over the retaining barriers, or over the space above the valley floor, it normalized.

So far we are leaning toward some electromagnetic effect in the roadbed, relatively weak. Some people have proposed accidentally magnetized rebar in the concrete, but I don't know how that fits with the variation.

We appreciate any and all assistance or even ideas you can provide. We are doing this investigation totally on our own time and with our own finances, in the public interest. If the university cares to provide research student assistance and proper equipment, it would be welcome, and would be credited in any subsequent publication.

I travel through the area almost daily, and monitor the anomaly casually (strong/weak/etc.). Though I do not keep extensive daily data. Driving and writing at 65 mph is... dangerous.

Please direct any future contact to me. I am sharing correspondence with a select group, including the USGS, until this issue had been determined as to cause, danger or otherwise.
                          and heard no more
                          ~ ~

Comment

I've observed this particluar anomaly on H3 myself, but I don't normally drive around with a readily observable compass. For all I know, it's not that unusual.

It seems the proper scientific thing to do is to see if you experience the same magnetic anomalies anywhere else; driving under high power lines, near a power plant, next to a TV/radio transmitter, around the airport, etc. Then, of course, you'd have to at least informally document that.

Since your compass is easily visible, I imagine if this anomaly also occured somewhere else, you'd have noticed it by now and posted about it. It doesn't sound like you mention that in your letters, though. I think many scientists would assume since you just got a new compass, you're only now noticing something that's not that uncommon.

Comment

H-3, Zff. Focus!
                              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                                H-3, Zff. Focus!
                                Huh?

What I was trying to say is it would be helpful if we knew of other locations where this happens.

If it turns out to be a common occurence, maybe it's not something to be too worried about. Just add it to the list of other common everyday concerns that could range from overexposure to the sun to the number of rat droppings in canned food. That is, something not any more alarming than the other everyday hazards of life.

Besides, if this does happen elsewhere, knowing those locations might help figure out why it's happening on H3.

Comment

Working...
                                X