Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NBC's "Journeyman"

Originally posted by helen View Post
    What was really interesting this past week is that while Dan is from 2007, Livia is from 1948, never mind the fact that clothes she wears is more in line of the 1990's.
    Hmm. I wonder. If she's not helping Dan or on assignment, what time or year does she jump back to?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

She said she returned to 1948 after spending time in the 1990's with Dan. In the 1990's she spent enough time to earn a law degree.

Comment

Hubby and I have been watching -- we are scifi/genre fans and "get it" -- I like how each week -- more is revealed as to the why.

I found it interesting that Livia is from 1948 and she jumps to the future; only he to the past.

Interesting he hasn't caused a great paradox from running into himself and even helping himself out, etc. The old cell phone and technology makes the techie in me giggle.

It's something to watch on Monday nights.
        ~Aloha! Christina~
        Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanikaibabe View Post
          Interesting he hasn't caused a great paradox from running into himself and even helping himself out, etc. The old cell phone and technology makes the techie in me giggle.
          Then you must have missed the episode where he fought with his younger self and nearly screwed up his own history. If Katie hadn't been there on the night he drank and gambled, they would never have fallen in love and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            She said she returned to 1948 after spending time in the 1990's with Dan. In the 1990's she spent enough time to earn a law degree.
            I don't know if her knowledge of law she studied in 1990 is going to help her in 1948, except maybe the history of law.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Then you must have missed the episode where he fought with his younger self and nearly screwed up his own history. If Katie hadn't been there on the night he drank and gambled, they would never have fallen in love and the rest is history.
              I did see that episode... I guess in my writing -- I was wondering (sort of talking to myself) how that didn't cause a huge paradox. Just the fact of running into himself.
              ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                I don't know if her knowledge of law she studied in 1990 is going to help her in 1948, except maybe the history of law.
                or assist her in getting any kind of work... think about the year... and her race and if she was in California... not too many Law firms about to hire an Asian Woman right after WWII?

Hopefully she stashed a bit in the 90's in old currency to get her by in '48

I'd like to see how this show develops; especially in light of the new 48 to 90's revelation.
                ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

I did see that episode... I guess in my writing -- I was wondering (sort of talking to myself) how that didn't cause a huge paradox. Just the fact of running into himself.
                  I hope you're not thinking of Timecop.

That "touch your young self and implode" part turned me off.

Comment

No no.... no... no Timecop here (did such a beast exist?)

More like general sci fi in my head... lots of Star Trek episodes up there.
                    ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

ewwwwww... speaking of bad timetravel movies... did anyone ever see "Millenium?"
                      ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

No no.... no... no Timecop here (did such a beast exist?)
                        Yeah, one of Jean-Claude Van Damme movie.

More like general sci fi in my head... lots of Star Trek episodes up there.
                        Lots of contemporary Star Trek TV episodes have crappy time-travel story (all of them are from Voyager). You'll have to thank Brannon Braga for most of them.

Comment

ewwwwww... speaking of bad timetravel movies... did anyone ever see "Millenium?"
                          If you're talking about a FOX TV series, that's not about time travel. More like biblical conspiracy/pre-apocalypse.

Comment

As far as I can tell, they're jumping so often that actually holding down a real job for either of them is problematic - although they could become sci-fi writers...
                            May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

The whole holding down a job thing will probably come to fruition soon on an episode. If I disappeared that much on my job; I would be held accountable!

But this if fiction.

Last week's episode was interesting; cannot wait to see how Part 2 comes about. What I don't get is Livia's whole "you're changing history" speech. I mean; aren't they changing history as it is?? History changed with they rescued the first girl (can't remember her name) -- behind the brick wall.

I do like how he goes back in time though... like last week... he's taking a jog and he ends up literally running into a rave
                              ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

Being a newspaper reporter does allow him to leave the office for long periods of time without raising a lot of eyebrows. Yeah it worked for Clark Kent. I doubt it this would have work if Dan was a doing telephone tech support.

In any event I just saw this past Monday's episode, can't wait for part 2 on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X