Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Heroes" on NBC

Originally posted by helen View Post
    If you think about it Sylar wasn't the mastermind behind the plot to blow up New York. Kind of no one was really behind that plot, sure Linderman and Mrs. Petrelli knew it was going to happen, Issac painted the event happening, Hiro found out the date that it was going to happen but nobody really planned for that to happen.
    Still, the climax to all the build-up just fizzle. I expected Nathan to step in while his brother put every effort to delay the explosion until they're safe outside city limit, but the fight preceding that just ... blah.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      Even room enough for an opening up of a 'Morlock' type of group ala X-Men. Candice always hinted at being odd looking as well as large, maybe there's a group who's powers manifest physically as outwardly distinctive features rather than as powers that are otherwise hidden until brought forward.

I was thinking about that as well how she kept making those comments- But when she was knocked out by Niki would she not have reverted to her "true" form???
      Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        Not quite random. It was a cockroach. Mohinder talks about cockroaches in his genetics class in episode 1.01 . A cockroach walks on Sylar's face in mid season when he is locked up in Primatech paper (before he fakes death and escapes).
        Hmmm... so do we consider this cockroach as a possible "Hero" ? Or something that's controlled by a "Hero"? Ewww in either case LOL
        Hawaii my love, I will see you soon

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiidreamin View Post
          Hmmm... so do we consider this cockroach as a possible "Hero" ? Or something that's controlled by a "Hero"? Ewww in either case LOL
          IMO, we don't consider that What I think the cockroach represents, is resilience and unlikely evolutionary "perfection" (lack of a better word). Mohinder says the cockroach can withstand radiation, etc. So we see the cockroach both times when we think Sylar is dead. Simply put, Sylar is the roach that wont die

Comment

The DVD of season one of Heroes is out today. The suggested retail price for the 7 disc set is $59.98.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              The DVD of season one of Heroes is out today. The suggested retail price for the 7 disc set is $59.98.
              For $59.98, you're being robbed.

Got mine this morning at Wal-Mart for $36.98.
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                Got mine this morning at Wal-Mart for $36.98.
                Just a penny more at Best Buy this week.

Unless, you want the HD-DVD version (Ha-ha, Blu-Ray owners!), which goes for $99.99 this week.

Circuit City is selling it for a dollar more ($37.99) this week.

Comment

IMO, we don't consider that What I think the cockroach represents, is resilience and unlikely evolutionary "perfection" (lack of a better word). Mohinder says the cockroach can withstand radiation, etc. So we see the cockroach both times when we think Sylar is dead. Simply put, Sylar is the roach that wont die
                  you're really into the show. i think you're right on in your assessment and observation of the cockaroach was something i hadn't even remembered.

looking forward to season 2 and more of your insights.

Comment

just a bit of info regarding Masi Oka, he has an IQ of 180! wow...
                    "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

Originally posted by cprompt0806 View Post
                      So.......? What's the big deal with that? Sorry - couldn't help myself. Meant as a joke......

Comment

Oh, yeah. That'll attract the ladies.

Comment

He also worked on art and/or special effects for at least one of the Star Wars prequels. He's also a shodan (1st degree black belt) in Kendo

I recently hit one of the stops of the Heroes World Tour 2007, and got my Season 1 DVD's signed. That was cool.

Comment

He also worked on art and/or special effects for at least one of the Star Wars prequels.
                            Yeah, I'd leave that detail off the resume, if I were him.

Comment

I'd definitely leave that on my resume. Oka was the head R&D Technical Director at ILM on the computer-generated effects for Star Wars. He's not even a regular ILM employee, they only bring him in when they need something done that nobody else can do.

There was a scene in Episode 2 where Jango Fett was chasing Obi Wan through an asteroid field and asteroids are exploding all over the place. Oka wrote the physics engine for those asteroid explosions and did it in such a way that the animators could tweak the explosions to get the exact look they wanted. He also wrote the programs that animate water (which any programmer will tell you is very hard to do) in "The Perfect Storm" and the Pirates movies.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                                I'd definitely leave that on my resume. Oka was the head R&D Technical Director at ILM on the computer-generated effects for Star Wars. He's not even a regular ILM employee, they only bring him in when they need something done that nobody else can do.

There was a scene in Episode 2 where Jango Fett was chasing Obi Wan through an asteroid field and asteroids are exploding all over the place. Oka wrote the physics engine for those asteroid explosions and did it in such a way that the animators could tweak the explosions to get the exact look they wanted. He also wrote the programs that animate water (which any programmer will tell you is very hard to do) in "The Perfect Storm" and the Pirates movies.
                                Well, the visual effects are stunning, but that alone cannot save the Star Wars Prequels.

Comment

Working...
                                X