Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney to Buy Marvel

Originally posted by helen View Post
    Well you got Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel (or Binary now), Rouge, Storm, She-Hulk, Wasp or Jean Grey.
    Thought of them. Nowhere near Wonder Woman's pedestal.

As for the company's need of growth, it's more like expanding into other areas than growing upward.

Sad, really. I knew that Marvel have been in some kind financial trouble over the years. Never thought they'd sell themselves out.

Remember when Spider-Man appeared in the initial 70's version of The Electric Company on PBS? Guess we'll see him on Sesame Street (another Disney-acquired asset).
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
      I think Disney started heading south in the 1990s when Frank Wells died (helicopter accident), leaving Eisner's ego unleashed. Even Roy Disney felt obliged to battle publicly with the direction Eisner took the company.
      Well, it's not as if the Disney Studios was doing all that great in the pre-Eisner era. For about 20 years after Walt Disney died, the studio went through a long dryspell of producing forgettable films, both live-action and animated. It was all but obvious that the Disney empire was riding on the coattails of its glorious past until the 1990s artistic renaissance, starting with the Little Mermaid. And this revival took place with Eisner at the helm.

Roy Disney has always appeared to me as something of an opportunist. He possessed only a fraction of his uncle's creative talent and even less of his father's business/marketing vision. What he was good at was playing boardroom politics. He helped to organize and engineer the ouster of Eisner's predecessor (Ron Miller) and eventually, Eisner himself.

Originally posted by Nords View Post
      Disney is smart enough to preserve Marvel's culture, even if becomes part of DisneyWorld and the Disney Channel. They know that they need to find new ways to grow, and the empire is getting to the point of being too big to run by one person's obsessive control. Marvel will still get away with being the bad boys of the business...
      I'll take a wait-and-see approach on this. Marvel has just as rich a legacy and heritage that Disney studios has, and I have no doubt that the comics giant's properties and trademarks will be exploited to its full potential. But will the Disney conglomerate nurture continued development and creativity within Marvel's art (not animation) studio? We'll see how future titles and characters turn out.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
        Well you got Spider-Woman, Ms. Marvel (or Binary now), Rouge, Storm, She-Hulk, Wasp or Jean Grey.
        How about Elektra starring Alias?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          How about Elektra starring Alias?
          The film would have been a lot better if she shows more skin like her comic-book version.

That and the script.

Comment

On the bright side...

...this could lead to a new and wonderful character - Mickey The Monster
            https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I'm waiting for Howard the Duck 2.

Comment

I'm waiting for Howard the Duck 2.
                Ooh, I can't for him to take on the Mallard Justice of Hewey, Dewey, and Louie.

Hmm. Avengers vs. Mouseketeers. Who would win?

Will the next incarnation of the Incredible Hulk be played by ... Kermit the Frog?

X-Mice anyone?

Comment

Disney having boy trouble?

Article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32663578...ess-media_biz/

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                    Disney having boy trouble?
                    I don't think boys are fans of that certain kind of dance in HS Musical that got Coach McMakin in trouble.

Comment

Great! Now Spider-man will go beat up Mickey Mouse.

Comment

I don't think boys are fans of that certain kind of dance in HS Musical that got Coach McMakin in trouble.
                        Not if they make a musical about the Marvel Universe.

Comment

Working...
                        X