Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol Season 7 (2008)

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    Do you think that auditions will ever come back to Honolulu? I say no. Not because of talent, but because Hawaii people are so passionate about their voting, that it threw the voting off every week. 4 out of 12 finalists auditioned in Hawaii the most of any other State.
    I met the attorney for AI/Fox once and when he learned that I was from Hawaii he told me that AI would never return to Hawaii. Their reasoning (as he stated) was because they felt Hawaii residents swayed the vote too much and they thought it was ridiculous.
    I was offended and voiced my opinion about Reuben and his home town. He told me it was of a different magnitude than the Hawaii votes. He also made some rude comments about Hawaii talent. I reminded him that THEY were the ones who put the contestants through....that sorta ended the conversation.

But I'd say never say never....
    So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      Love, love, love Ramiele Malubay! I couldn't help but laugh at her song choice, though. I don't know how many of my Filipino relatives have sung that on karaoke over the years!
      I may not be Filipino but this holds true for me, word for word. Get plenty Filipino 'ohana. I had a giggle as well. She is awesome though, go Ramiele!

.... and Michael Johns
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
        I met the attorney for AI/Fox once and when he learned that I was from Hawaii he told me that AI would never return to Hawaii. Their reasoning (as he stated) was because they felt Hawaii residents swayed the vote too much and they thought it was ridiculous.
        I was offended and voiced my opinion about Reuben and his home town. He told me it was of a different magnitude than the Hawaii votes. He also made some rude comments about Hawaii talent. I reminded him that THEY were the ones who put the contestants through....that sorta ended the conversation.

So does that mean other contestants aren't getting votes "swayed" by their home towns? Like Taylor Hicks?

I'll be the first to say Jasmine and Camille shouldn't have even been in the top 12, but I still voted for them because they were from Hawaii.

After all, American Idol isn't a talent contest. It's a POPULARITY contest.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          So does that mean other contestants aren't getting votes "swayed" by their home towns? Like Taylor Hicks?

I'll be the first to say Jasmine and Camille shouldn't have even been in the top 12, but I still voted for them because they were from Hawaii.

After all, American Idol isn't a talent contest. It's a POPULARITY contest.
          I hope that reason "they're from Hawaii " is NOT the reason people(here) will vote for Obama BTW... Jasmine belonged in the top 12.
          Last edited by alohabear; February 23, 2008, 09:35 AM.
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post

sounds like it was a slack-jaw moment.

AI should actually show the votes when they eliminate, that way we the fans can see if our votes made a difference.

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
              lol too funny

So, if anyone still follows AI...do you already have your favorites or unfavorites?
              Local Kine True Pictures of Hawaii

Comment

What a difference.....last night the boys were not so great only David Archuleta's Imagine was great. I predict he will be the winner.

Flickr

Comment

My daughter is craaazy about David Archuleta.

Check out his performance last night and you can see why. It looks like we'll be watching AI the rest of the season.
                  * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                  - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                    My daughter is craaazy about David Archuleta.[...]
                    Ditto for my daughter...and she's old enough to be David's mother!!! I got an email from her this morning proclaiming him the winner. I esp. loved the home movie footage from when he was 10 or 11 and saw the first season idol finalists in the lobby of a hotel...then broke into song blowing Kelly Clarkson away.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                      My daughter is craaazy about David Archuleta....

My niece's friends are all going crazy for him as well.

*edit to add*

I really like David Cook's voice a lot but I think David Archuleta is gonna win this thing. He's tooooo cute!

Comment

Okay, I have to say it. Is it just me or does Danny Noriega look like Jessica Alba? They look like they could be twins! Brother and sister twins, but twins nonetheless. The boy is pretty.

Comment

I agree; and I thought I saw Carly Simon's profile last week when Brooke White was singing...sure enough, a Carly song this week. Hmm. But I do like David as the best male and I really like Asia'h Epperson as the best female. But then I like Ramiele, too.

Comment

I've heard a few people say that Garrett Haley looks like a young Lief Garrett but more than that, I think David Hernandez looks like Jai from Straight Eye for the Queer Guy (more so when he's singing than in some of his publicity photos).

Comment

"I'm going home...."

Tonight's spoilers
                              Alex, Jason Y, Alainia,and Robbie

Enjoy the show!

Flickr

Comment

*stares at show spoiler button*

*to click or not to click, that is the question*

Comment

Working...
                                X