Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by ...ok, I'm rudely quoting myself! View Post
    [...]I'm really looking forward to watching how these 3 contestants handle genres outside their comfort zones...especially Blake.
    The Motown sound tonight was definitely not Blake's genre. He put his own twist on it but, well, it just didn't work. I still like the guy, tho'! Over all, the guys were just plain, ol' weak. Poor Sanjaya...he's taking such a beating.

LaKisha nailed a Billie Holliday song, "God Bless the Child" and learned the lyrics for the show. It sounded to me like she was unaware of that song prior to this past week. But, WOW, it was the best performance of the night.

Melinda and Jordin tied LaKisha for first place! Those 3 ladies did Motown proud.

Comment

In the REAL world Sanjaya Malakar should go home tonight, however......

He actually(IMO) made Camille Velasco look like the American Idol.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Click if you don't think dialidol predictions are spoilers (or if 3/14/07 results show has already passed):

It seems Lakisha and Melinda are safe, followed by Sanjaya in third, according to dialidol.com . I suppose some will be a bit bummed, but I haven't considered this a "singing competition" since this unattractive obese woman with a great voice was turned down at the auditions, because Simon specifically told her that looks are very important for AI. I think that was sometime in season 5, I wish I remembered the exact city that this happened. Now I just consider AI to be mindless entertainment and I personally wouldn't feel at all bad if Sanjaya Malakar won season 6.

Comment

It's British pop night and AI is just starting in our time zone. Wow! Peter Noone and Lulu look great! Keith Richards should seek out the same plastic surgeon!

Comment

Blake just finished his song. I need to go take a cold shower...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Blake just finished his song. I need to go take a cold shower...

I felt EXACTLY the same.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

That was one, long shower! I needed that! Hrmmmph...no one's put Blake's performance on YouTube yet. Daaaayam!

Hey, Lei Liko. Between you, me and LeiKaina it looks like we have a fan club going!

Comment

That was one, long shower! I needed that! Hrmmmph...no one's put Blake's performance on YouTube yet. Daaaayam!

Hey, Lei Liko. Between you, me and LeiKaina it looks like we have a fan club going!
                  Tutu, YOU KNOW THIS.

When I first heard of what he was going to sing, I thought, "Uh oh...how is he gonna pull this off?"

I shoulda known better than to question that. He's definitely making this season worthwhile and he, Lakisha, and Doolittle are who I look forward to the most.

Loved LaKisha as well, despite what the judges said. When she first started, BF was "Why does it sound like it's a 007 song?"

Because it IS, you dork!

Blake. *drool*
                  Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                  We're not here to mess around
                  Boston, you know we love you madly
                  Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                  Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                  You know we couldn't live without you
                  Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Blake, Schmake.

[Rocks a Christina Christian t-shirt and curls up under Katherine McPhee sheets]
                    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                      [...][Rocks a Christina Christian t-shirt and curls up under Katherine McPhee sheets]
                      So...on alternate nights do you don a pair of Cheryl Burke boxers?

Are you watching AI Rewind on Saturday nights? I think last week-end was the first airing. Anyway...they featured Christina quite a bit. She's just so gorgeous. I'm watching to, hopefully, catch glimpses of Jordan Segundo.

Comment

So...on alternate nights do you don a pair of Cheryl Burke boxers?

Are you watching AI Rewind on Saturday nights? I think last week-end was the first airing. Anyway...they featured Christina quite a bit. She's just so gorgeous. I'm watching to, hopefully, catch glimpses of Jordan Segundo.
                        Naw...I'm playing video games every saturday night [lowers head in shame]

What was up with the crying kid on tonight's AI?

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                          [...]When I first heard of what he was going to sing, I thought, "Uh oh...how is he gonna pull this off?"

I shoulda known better than to question that. He's definitely making this season worthwhile and he, Lakisha, and Doolittle are who I look forward to the most.

Loved LaKisha as well, despite what the judges said.[...]
                          Those are my 3 favorites, too, and this is my favorite AI season because of them. LaKisha gave me chicken skin. She sounded and looked great...in spite of the $1M worth of jewelry she was wearing! Melinda...what can I say? She could walk off the show right now and probably end up in Clive Davis' office in the morning.

But...that Blake! He's just so unique. I, like you, questioned his ability in the 60s British pop genre but he managed to knock that song right out of the ballpark. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                            [...]What was up with the crying kid on tonight's AI?
                            Cute but I wonder what the back story is to her? I initially thought she was just a love-struck Sanjaya fan. But, no matter who was singing, when the camera was on her, she was crying! She couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 years old!

Comment

Cute but I wonder what the back story is to her? I initially thought she was just a love-struck Sanjaya fan. But, no matter who was singing, when the camera was on her, she was crying! She couldn't have been more than 9 or 10 years old!
                              I thought the same, then it seemed like that she's mentally handicapped. Then again, she might've been crying because she knows that Sanjaya's leaving tomorrow.

flickr

Comment

She seemed to have a seat close to the stage. Maybe she was something like a Make-A-Wish kid who'd dreamed of seeing an AI show live? Who knows, but she was certainly overcome with emotion.

Unfortunately, I think Sanjaya will make it thru...again. Isn't Howard Stern promoting voting Sanjaya thru on his show? Can't remember if I read that in this thread or elsewhere...probably here!!! I'll give him credit for changing his game and putting some energy into his performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X