Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
    There are definitely some male stars who will be successful but in this competition I think the girls outdo the guys 10 to 1.
    I missed tonight but, yes, the gals are stronger. For me, it's more a 2 to 1...Melinda and LaKisha vs Blake! Hopefully I'll see my 2 favorite gals on YouTube tomorrow! It'll be hard for anyone to top last week's "My Funny Valentine" sung by Melinda. Ouch! That was so good it was painful!

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
      If Antonella is not gone this week, the show is rigged
      heh, or it could be that group of people who are supposedly voting for the singers they consider the worst just to skew the show.

Comment

I hope Sanjaya Malakar becomes the next American Idol :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Well, if he doesn't win, he can try out for Merrie Monarch's Miss Aloha Hula title next year. Did you see him "attempt" to hula?

Melinda Doolittle IS the next American Idol, IMHO. Runner-up being Lakisha.

Melinda reminds me of Dinah Washington, mixed with a hint of Anita Baker. Jazzy, sassy and sultry. Arguably the best Idol contestant to ever grace their stage in its 6 season history.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

If Antonella is not gone this week, the show is rigged
            I used the auto dialer at dialidol.com, It says I got in 1252 votes for Antonella. She should have been gone long ago. She can't Sing or dance, what can she do?? hmmmm...

Check out votefortheworst.com

I hear the show is going to get cancelled by Rosie O'donnell, she claims it is racist and weightist.....whatever that means.

Comment

I checked the websites, and all I can say is -- wow! I read a year ago about how they supposedly only let the very best and very worst through to the three judges, but I didn't realize how crazy and random it was. I'm so glad I never tried out for American Idol

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Well, if he doesn't win, he can try out for Merrie Monarch's Miss Aloha Hula title next year. Did you see him "attempt" to hula?
                OMG BATMAN, YOU WIN AT THE INTERNETS FOR THIS POST ALONE.

Sign me up for VP of the Blake fan club. Tutusue gets to be President. I'm such a big fan...it's like I can't wait for him to get on that stage every week because I wanna know what song he's going to do!

Choosing between Melinda and Lakisha is difficult. So far Melinda's on a roll, but I wouldn't put it past Lakisha to totally blow everyone away in the coming weeks.

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into AI again. I was doing so well for the past two season!
                Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                We're not here to mess around
                Boston, you know we love you madly
                Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                You know we couldn't live without you
                Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
                  I hear the show is going to get cancelled by Rosie O'donnell, she claims it is racist and weightist.
                  I assume you mean Rosie says it's going to get cancelled, since she has zero authority to cancel it herself.
                  And clearly, Rosie has never seen Ruben Studdard or Jennifer Hudson, or Rosie would've never made such a (typically) stupid remark.
                  Didn't Rosie's "15 minutes of fame" expire a helluva long time ago?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    [...]Melinda Doolittle IS the next American Idol, IMHO. Runner-up being Lakisha.[...]
                    Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                    [...]Choosing between Melinda and Lakisha is difficult. So far Melinda's on a roll, but I wouldn't put it past Lakisha to totally blow everyone away in the coming weeks.[...]
                    To my untrained ears, Melinda is the best singer of all the AI seasons and she really should be the next AI. Win or lose...she'll get a contract out of it so she really can't lose. LaKisha is plain, ol' terrific but Melinda rates a bit higher in the likeability factor, I feel.

I still think Blake is the most immediately marketable (in terms of making money for a record company) regardless of who's president of his HT fan club! I think Melinda, tho', has the endurance factor and, like Dinah, Sarah, Ella and, yes, even Anita, will be around for a long time. I just watched both her last night's performance and LaKisha's on YouTube and...WOW!

I'm really looking forward to watching how these 3 contestants handle genres outside their comfort zones...especially Blake.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      To my untrained ears, Melinda is the best singer of all the AI seasons and she really should be the next AI. Win or lose...she'll get a contract out of it so she really can't lose. LaKisha is plain, ol' terrific but Melinda rates a bit higher in the likeability factor, I feel.
                      I don't know why, but I'm getting flashbacks of Season 3's Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London. LaKisha is the more "Here I am in your face" just like Jennifer and Melinda reminds me of the likeable LaToya.

I'm having a hard time keeping away from the AI Results live threads going on on different MBs.

ETA: So I peeked. And I know who goes home.

And wow...JUST WOW.
                      Last edited by Lei Liko; March 8, 2007, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Wow, Simon and even Paula's comments were stinging to Sanjaya once he made it to the top 12 :P

Comment

If only Antonella sang her exit song the way she did, she would be up there.

I can't believe Haley is still in. Sabrina was 1000 times better!

Comment

He should have went home last night. Sundance Head was a way better singer(reminds me of Smash Mouth) and deserved to make top 12.

Antonella is gone....AI is still RESPECTABLE!
                            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                            Flickr

Comment

He should have went home last night. Sundance Head was a way better singer(reminds me of Smash Mouth) and deserved to make top 12.

Antonella is gone....AI is still RESPECTABLE!
                              Phil was the biggest travesty, IMO. They should have kept Sundance but kicked out Phil. Maybe I like Sanjaya to stay because it seems to annoy Simon so much :P

Comment

Needless to say, those at Vote for the Worst are bummed that their Worsters are gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X