American Idol 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol 6

I for one am glad this show is back. With all the wannabe talent shows on the tube, this one with the great Simon Cowell is a breath of fresh air. Last night's show was so entertaining. You would think that after 5 seasons, people would know how the AI format goes, yet they still put on the nut jobs for Simon to trash. I said it before and I'll say it again, this show would fail without Simon.

Americans like to see Simon ruining dreams and IMO, he's the REAL American Idol.

BTW... AI should come back to Hawaii for auditions. The year they came here, 4 of the 12 finalists came from that one audition. I guess Hawaii's voting really made a difference when Jasmine and Camille made it and they want to avoid that kind of homeSTAE support.
    Last edited by alohabear; January 17, 2007, 04:54 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: American Idol 6

I had to go to Oceanic and get the DVR box so I could replay AI6 when I have time. It was so funny. Some people are so dillusional. I have seen this when I was in the music business. I think there is less than 1% of people with real talent out there. Unless people are just out there for thier 1 minute of fameless fame.

Comment

I enjoyed AI and never thought it outdone until I watched Rockstar Supernova. The integration of singing/songwriting/live band is so much more up my alley. It is the difference of belting out a radio tune vs performing at a concert for which I'd pay money.

pax

Comment

News agencies are reporting that last night's premier got over 35 million viewers, a new record.
        But they're also reporting that various AI message boards are full of complaints about the emphasis on bad singers, and many say they won't watch tonight for that reason.
        Personally, I don't like the audition episodes, so I easily chose NCIS last night over AI, and likely won't watch AI tonight either. Once the real AI starts, though, I'll watch. I got lucky the last couple of seasons and predicted Carrie Underwood and Taylor Hicks early on (and got lucky and picked Lukas on Rockstar Supernova too), so I've gotta see if I stay lucky.
        Once they narrow the list down, we should start a poll here...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I actually like to watch the rejects, and I know it's bad because during the auditions, AI feeds into these rejects' delusions of grandeur. They get insulted on national tv, we watch the trainwreck, ratings go way up. I feel bad to participate in such a scene, but I have to admit it's quite entertaining :P

I hope the brother in that Indian American brother sister tag team makes it past the hotel semi finals.

Comment

This year they must be pickey about the singers, because Seattle only had 14 singers go on to Hollywood and Minnasota (sp.)only had 17.
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

I watched last night's episode. I was deeply bothered by the setting up of the two boys (the meercat and the slower, large boy who sang "God Bless America"). The meercat was ready to get protective/defensive, but the big boy just tugged on every protective maternal fiber I have. Thankfully, the judges were keen to this and were more polite than I had expected (or at least it was edited that way), but still, when that boy said "people would vote for me if you put me through" in that earnest-yet-humble manner, I thought "I WOULD VOTE FOR YOU, BEBE!!!!"

pax

Comment

The beginning rounds are always a freak show of the hopelessly self-deluded. It's always refreshing to see Simon unflinchingly hit the nail on the head and to see Paula give a warm word of support even to the most hapless of contenders. Love that girl.
                Burl Burlingame
                "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

The trainwrecks are certainly key to the draw of the show's early weeks, but I too have heard tsk-tsking that they were reveling a bit too much in the negative. They just let some of those disasters go on, and on, and on...

And apparently, the show hasn't made many friends in Seattle and a couple of other cities where the judges' harsh comments went beyond the poor performance in front of them and essentially declared their host cities hopeless and lacking in talent. If they end up on the blacklist of enough towns, they might actually be back in Hawaii before 2032.

Comment

I can't believe people are saying the judges are mean. They sound the same to me and everyone I know is just waiting to hear the comments. Everywhere I have worked in the past their has been the same thing happen as soon as a customer leaves someone in the work group has to voice thier "stink" comments. I think it is human nature to do so. I have never heard of a nicey nice group.

Maybe I am wrong maybe a lot of people think they are normal and can sing.

Comment

I don't think that the judges are mean. It seems that some people who auditioned can't take the comments that the judges are saying. If you can't take the comments that the judges are saying, Why did you auditioned in the first place?
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

After 5 seasons people should be pretty darng aware how it goes. Especially the ones who swear they watch the show constantly. Then for sure you know what can happen to you, for all the world to see. Not to say I don't get a bit sad for the ones they so obviously set up.
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
                          I don't think that the judges are mean. It seems that some people who auditioned can't take the comments that the judges are saying. If you can't take the comments that the judges are saying, Why did you auditioned in the first place?
                          I would agree with this statement 100% if Simon wouldn't occasionally inject statements about the contestants' appearance -- something they can't help. For example; saying that the guy in Seattle looked like a "bush baby" (I later googled "bush baby", and I was like wow, Simon's right! but still).

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                            After 5 seasons people should be pretty darng aware how it goes. Especially the ones who swear they watch the show constantly. Then for sure you know what can happen to you, for all the world to see. Not to say I don't get a bit sad for the ones they so obviously set up.

I think you hit a good point. It's not that there's anything unexpected with the harsh words from Simon. But it seems this season, they are unusually cruel by setting up the "losers". Extended time footage on a bad singer and the continuing gag with the stupid locked, left door. It is those little nuances that I find annoying. It's one thing to critique and tell it straight to someone that you don't have the talent or the looks. It's another to just set them up to look 100 times more idiotic just to boost ratings. Pathetic.....

Comment

I read o/l that the parents of the boy who blinked a lot, and whose audition clip is viral on the internet, were interviewed on a radio station saying how pissed off they are. That son is mildly autistic. It is obvious that some of those contestants aren't balanced, but learning that has me rethinking if I will continue to watch the show.

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X