American Idol 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol 6

I saw this on another MB's AI discussion and thought it was an interesting theory:

I am almost positive Blake purposely threw the competition Tues night because he didn't want to get stuck with the contract. At least that's my theory, but I didn't think he sounded as good as he normally did or picked the best song choices. What do y'all want to bet that Jordin is now going to record the songs that Kelly Clarkson refused to record when Clive Davis tried to scrap her album this month and get her to record different stuff?
    I never thought about that, but I certainly don't blame him if he did.

Of course, we'll never know -- but at least he can take comfort in knowing that he won't be in as bad of a 19E contract hell!
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      I saw this on another MB's AI discussion and thought it was an interesting theory:
      I vaguely recall musing such a theory in one sentence in the previous page of this discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
        I vaguely recall musing such a theory in one sentence in the previous page of this discussion
        Sorry, didn't have to read through all the posts in this discussion.

My bad.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
          [...]I thought the fake awards were really lame-- not funny nor interesting.[...]Great performances: Melinda with Bebe, WOW! Tony Bennett. Beat boxing duet with Blake. Gladys Knight, she's still got it.
          I have to agree about the awards! Ugh!
          I found it interesting that a show that's geared towards teens and young adults had a finale filled with performers from my generation! And, yes...Melinda with the Winans was chickenskin.
          Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          I assume you mean all the current season's contestants, because nobody (in all the AI seasons so far) will be able to get anywhere near Carrie Underwood's sales (not to mention her winning almost every award possible).[...]
          It appears Chris Daughtrey is giving Carrie a big run for her money! Can't remember the numbers Clive Davis threw out last night but...WOW...they were impressive!

I'm not a country music fan at all but, that Carrie...what a beautiful, poised and talented young woman she is. I'm a fan of her music!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Can't remember the numbers Clive Davis threw out last night but...WOW...they were impressive!
            I didn't watch last night, but I know that Carrie Underwood's debut album has sold over SIX MILLION copies already. (Including the one I bought.) Those are astounding sales for even an established artist, much less a newcomer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              I didn't watch last night, but I know that Carrie Underwood's debut album has sold over SIX MILLION copies already. (Including the one I bought.) Those are astounding sales for even an established artist, much less a newcomer.

Shoots! I wish I wasn't multi-tasking during last night's show but, iirc, Clive talked about Kelly, Taylor and Fantasia...then Carrie's astounding success but saved Chris' statistics for last because he was going off the charts. There must be a transcript of his speech online somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Shoots! I wish I wasn't multi-tasking during last night's show but, iirc, Clive talked about Kelly, Taylor and Fantasia...then Carrie's astounding success but saved Chris' statistics for last because he was going off the charts. There must be a transcript of his speech online somewhere!
                I do remember Clive gushing over Chris' success. I don't recall the numbers... but, he said something about two hits and that Chris wrote and co-wrote them.

BTW, I wonder why Catherine McPhee didn't make an appearance during this season's competition? Elliot Yamin and Kellie Pickler did... I didn't care to see them, but I love McPhee's voice.

Comment

I heard a lot of people who set their recorders did not get to see the last 6 minutes, since the show went over two hours. There's really no good reason for going over the limit. A lot of stuff could have been cut... chitchat, those awful fake golden awards, Clive's extra long speech (snore), etc.

BTW, I saw on some entertainment show (can't remember which)... Nigel (the producer) said that Britney Spears wanted to be on the finale, but AI refused he said, "because we don't do lip synching." I thought that was funny.

Comment

Working...
                  X