Off-label uses of products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: off-label uses of products

I use a cup of vinegar as fabric softener per laundry load. It's much cheaper and environmental friendly. My clothes come out soft and no, they don't smell like vinegar!

I'm going to try using sunscreen for the dash of my car and RainX for the shower! Great ideas, tutusue and Peshkwe!
    Peace, Love, and BBQ!

Comment

Does anyone have a good, off label use product, other than gaffers/electrical tape, to tack up my car's newly sagging headliner? It just pulled away from where it joined the top of the rear window. Bummers...

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Does anyone have a good, off label use product, other than gaffers/electrical tape, to tack up my car's newly sagging headliner? It just pulled away from where it joined the top of the rear window. Bummers...
        I don't have the info you're asking for but I know someone who'll replace it for about $100. I have the info at work and can pm you tomorrow.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Tutu, talk to Cyn's person. A $100.00 isn't a bad price for a full headliner repair. If it's dropping the original adhesive is degrading from heat and humidity and eventually, even if you fix the back, you'll end up with it falling in another spot.

All that is needed is some spray adhesive and a flat card to smooth it out, but it's a messy job cleaning the old glue off and pulling down the fabric without stretching it to get to good glue then spraying the new adhesive on. And the over spray gets over anything not covered...like hair...plus it stinks.

Comment

Thanks, cyn and pesh. $100. is worth it to me. Three years ago I had the interior liner of the retractable sunroof replaced to the tune of $250. I really don't want to repeat that magnified by at least 5!!! TIA for the name and contact info, cyn.

Comment

Back in the day, I had a car where the headliner was held up with staples . Though, today, I'd probably shell out the $100.

Comment

Thanks, cyn and pesh. $100. is worth it to me. Three years ago I had the interior liner of the retractable sunroof replaced to the tune of $250. I really don't want to repeat that magnified by at least 5!!! TIA for the name and contact info, cyn.

Actually I can see where the cost for that comes in, the seals are a bear to deal with and if they aren't put back in properly...drip...drip...drip

My hub used to do furniture and car upholstery and I'd help out every so often after my work was done.

Comment

Cheap hairspray removes pen ink from fabrics. Just spray, then rinse.
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

My employee showed me this: perfume removes permanent "Sharpie" marker stains from clothes and other things. We had a dress shop and someone always missed with the price marker onto the new clothes. Just be careful the perfume gets washed out. Especially good when some uses the wrong style markers on a "white board" meant for dry erase.

Hydrogen peroxide removes blood from dainties. And other stuff.

Bon Ami cleanser makes a good cheap toothpaste. It's recommended for Corning Ware, and as the label states "hasn't scratched yet."

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
                      Bon Ami cleanser makes a good cheap toothpaste.
                      The stuff is non-toxic ... but putting a household cleanser in your mouth? Probably not the best idea.

Comment

How about wen small kid time with two empty cans attached by a long string to make a telephone? We had to stop when a telemarketer called, and asked if I was satisfied with my long distance provider.

Comment

absent minded professor

balls. totally forgot to get the info for you, tutusue. i was rushing to get some reports done. will email my work acct right after posting here. mea culpa!
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: absent minded professor

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                            balls. totally forgot to get the info for you, tutusue. i was rushing to get some reports done. will email my work acct right after posting here. mea culpa!
                            No problem...whenever's it's convenient.

Comment

Re: absent minded professor

No problem...whenever's it's convenient.
                              the number I have is 2254631. i didn't write the guy's name or company down but i found him via an ad he placed in the honolulu weekly back in 2003 or 2004. nice guy. came to my then-condo in makiki to rip out the old headliner and put in a new one. got her done in an hour and charged either $75 or $95 but definitely less than $100 for my saturn sl2.

Comment

Thanks, cyn. I appreciate your help. A google search turned up that number belongs to Headliners Mobile Service (Tom). Nice guy but he doesn't work on my make of car so he gave me a referral. I will now fasten my seat belt and call the referral!

Comment

Working...
                                X