Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 3

My FRGN pet peeve is that, when someone uses me as their mental punching bag, & I can't even stand up & say something, cuz she has heart conditon, & I am too angry to not be calm to talk to her!!.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
      My biggest pet peeve are the drivers who KNOW the left or right lane is ending, yet purposely get out from the good lane and into the ending lane so they can cut off everyone else and be first. This is what causes about 90% of the delays on Ft. Weaver Rd. You KNOW the lanes are ending. Just stay where you are, let the people from the freeway merge in, DON'T CUT IN LINE, and the traffic will go so much faster.
      We definitely have a "merge problem" in Hawaii, and everyone has their own solution.

Ideally, vehicles should maximize the space available (use both or all lanes) and take turns merging (politely, with aloha) when it is imperative. Of course, that doesn't always work, and there will always be those who cut in too early (cause they can), after blocking traffic in the merging lane, causing main lane drivers to think they are being cut into, and those who think they have permanent right-of-way and do whatever they can to get in front of everyone else, and those who refuse to let others take their turn at merging!, etc.

No wonder we have so much road-rage incidents.

Frankly, if someone is driving like an a-hole, I'd rather have them in front of me, where I can keep an eye on them. I let 'em in.
      Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
      ~ ~
      Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
      Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
      Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

For the past two months, my internet connection (Hawaiian Telcom DSL) keeps going up and down. Every few seconds it will lose connection for a few seconds or a minute... it does this constantly, at any time of the day or night. Really sucks, especially when I'm in the middle of a transaction or playing a video or just anything. My husband is the techie in the family, and I don't want to call Hawaiian Telcom and screw around with anything. It does bother him, but not enough to call.

I have the same problem at my workplace (Roadrunner), but not as often. My IT department won't look into it unless it really interferes with our work.

Anyway, that's my pet peeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
          For the past two months, my internet connection (Hawaiian Telcom DSL) keeps going up and down. [...](
          I've never had dropped connections with HT DSL until the past month. Now I get 2 or 3 drops per day and have to reconnect each time. Dunno what's going on except I've been in the midst of casting 2 commercials for them!!! Are they trying to tell me something?!

Comment

I'm 11000 miles from you guys. Sometimes the connection is a bit slow but I am always remembered.

Comment

Speidi - Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt I have no idea who they are, what they do, and why their photos are everywhere.

Comment

That's a good one! I'm with you on that!

Comment

Pet Peeve of the Day - I hate this!

People that suck their teeth, on the bus, right behind your head, like we need to know they won't brush!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Every time I step on my digital scale it registers a different weight. It's a fairly new Weight Watchers digital scale I got from Costco, and it's always been this way. I can step on it ten times in a row, and I get ten different readings... sometimes five to ten pounds difference. I try to stand straight, not move, feet centered, etc., but it doesn't make a difference.

Comment

The Honolulu Advertiser has an advertising insert that drives me crazy. It's a 2" skinny strip that falls out. The first thing I do is dump it. I don't even look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        I've never had dropped connections with HT DSL until the past month. Now I get 2 or 3 drops per day and have to reconnect each time. Dunno what's going on except I've been in the midst of casting 2 commercials for them!!! Are they trying to tell me something?!
                        do you also cast the Oceanic phone commercials? my daughter's friend is in the latest one - they are pretty funny.
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          do you also cast the Oceanic phone commercials? my daughter's friend is in the latest one - they are pretty funny.
                          Sometimes but not in the recent past. My friend writes those spots and she's a funny person!

Comment

is your friend named Margaret?
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Sometimes but not in the recent past. My friend writes those spots and she's a funny person!
                              It's a great spot for TV but the radio ad just makes me want to turn the station. You can't see the facial expressions or the body language on radio so the spot rubs me the wrong way...grating especially after scolding my kids for making too much noise in the car.
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

*delete*

(oh never mind - wasn't much of a pet peeve anyway)
                                Last edited by anapuni808; October 7, 2009, 05:06 PM.
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X