Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Police and fireworks scofflaws

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    The neighborhood noise is starting to ramp up with firecrackers. I expect it to be one heckuva lot noiser than NYE in Makaha!!!

Since I haven't purchased or had the urge to purchase fireworks since my kids were kids I'll admit I don't know what's legal and what's not! Just a few minutes ago several aerials went off on what appears to be a low roof top on Kapiolani Blvd. ewa of Atkinson, near the Pan Am building. Hmmm...is that the building that houses Hawaiian Brian's? I could see them from my condo. I should also be able to see the ATM fireworks...should I still be awake at midnight! Gotta get a good night's sleep in preparation for tomorrow's game and expending every ounce of energy my body's capable of manufacturing!

G O W A R R I O R S [insert legal fireworks explosion of your choice here!]
    (a little purple for good luck!)
    This is what state law says about aerials but it is hard to bust people because once the police arrive, if they do, it is very tough to know who did it if you shoot off only one or two and then leave the area.

"§132D-14 Penalty. (a) Any person:

(1) Importing aerial devices, display fireworks, or articles pyrotechnic without having a valid license under section 132D‑7 shall be guilty of a class C felony;

(2) Purchasing, possessing, setting off, igniting, or discharging aerial devices, display fireworks, or articles pyrotechnic without a valid permit under sections 132D‑10 and 132D‑16, or storing, selling, or possessing aerial devices, display fireworks, or articles pyrotechnic without a valid license under section 132D-7:

(A) If the total weight of the aerial devices, display fireworks, or articles pyrotechnic is twenty-five pounds or more, shall be guilty of a class C felony; or

(B) If the total weight of the aerial devices, display fireworks, or articles pyrotechnic is less than twenty‑five pounds, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor"
    Last edited by AlohaKine; January 1, 2008, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
      I'm very ambivalent about fireworks. In my childhood, I loved them! It was what New Year's was all about. I even got arrested as a juvenile for setting off illegal fireworks (though it was a trumped up affair--a military family that was not used to fireworks who reported it to the police, much to the dismay of the local families in the neigborhood).

Now, I have a bad case of asthma that returned from long ago. I still love the excitement, the sounds of fireworks exploding, but not if it triggers an asthmatic attack.
      It's karma.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

hi,i think even though it's incorrect to post this here,

i learned on our local news that they wish to put an all out ban on firework's only rtam and another wish to save it for cultural purpose's and if it maybe like this with rt's and another's plan to use firework's for cultural purpose's,then i'd have to agree,at least we'd have firework's in some portion.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
        X