What's your iPod's name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your iPod's name?

My current iPod Nano (Da New Line Apple Introduced) I just keep it simple using my First Name 2009 Ipod.......
    My previous Nano was called Nano Nanu

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
      My webhost (Dreamhost) has some kind of naming scheme, but I'm not sure what it is and would never have guessed it except that one day last year, there was a status update saying, "If your server is named after a beverage, you'll be offline from ____ to ____." My server's name is Rum, so it wasn't a problem for me, but many of Dreamhost's customers are not native English speakers, and didn't know that YooHoo, Faygo, and bourbon were beverages.

There were some unhappy customers.
      If bourbon is a beverage, then why isn't rum? Aren't they both liquors? Or is bourbon something different?

I've heard of YooHoo (a chocolate drink thing?) but have no idea what Faygo is.

Are the names given to you by Dreamweaver? Or did you randomly pick rum?

BTW, both my iPods are names Jill's iPod. Not very inventive. I like Nano Nanu.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
        [...]
        BTW, both my iPods are names Jill's iPod. Not very inventive.[...]
        Add me to the not very inventive list! Both of mine are "Sue's iPod"!

I like Nano Nanu, too! Maybe I should name my 2nd iPod "Nanosecond"! Oh wait, I don't have a Nano!

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
          If bourbon is a beverage, then why isn't rum? Aren't they both liquors? Or is bourbon something different?

I've heard of YooHoo (a chocolate drink thing?) but have no idea what Faygo is.
          I think he meant that "rum" was a liquor that most non-English speakers would know and pronounce/spell correctly, while the others weren't.

I'd not heard of Faygo until I went to several restaurants in Seattle that were in the neighborhood that is primarily populated by African-American families (was that stated p.c. enough?) Several of them serve Faygo sodas. Faygo originated in Detroit, but was made famous by the group Insane Clown Posse, who would squirt it at audience members.

The name comes from the original founders, brothers with the last name of Feigenson. Faygo is known for being lower in price than better-known soda brands. For a Hawaiian-themed link --- Faygo Beverages distributes Ohana brand drinks.

Comment

I just got an iPod Nano for Christmas, and if it wasn't for my son and husband, it would still be in the box. I absolutely LOVE it, but I am not good with techie things.

I guess its name must be "Oh sh*t", because I have said that around it more times than I can count...!

Comment

I just pulled YooHoo, Faygo, and bourbon out of the air as examples. I don't actually remember the specific beverages that confused non-native speakers. And what I meant by not being worried was that _I_ knew I was on a server scheduled for downtime, but others from non-English-speaking countries, given the descriptions they were given (servers named after beverages), didn't know their servers were named after beverages, even knowing the names of their servers.

No, you can't choose your server. When you sign up, the webhost assigns you a server.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

didn't know their servers were named after beverages, even knowing the names of their servers. --- No, you can't choose your server.
                However, it's always best to know the names of the beverages you request from your server.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  However, it's always best to know the names of the beverages you request from your server.
                  And if you go to Anna Miller's, it doesn't hurt to TRY and choose your server.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    And if you go to Anna Miller's, it doesn't hurt to TRY and choose your server.
                    You guys are too much..........

Comment

Working...
                    X