Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Angels Over Kaneohe '07

C-130 Hurcules parked facing Kaneohe bay, with the Blue Angels' Fat Albert C-130T "JATO" variant parked across the tarmac...

Just add rockets, and you could be "Fat Albert" too!

More of the HSL-37 Sea Hawk...

...and if my photos or information isn't enough, check out their website here...

http://www.fleet.navy.mil/hsl37/00Home.htm

You know you're cool when the aircraft you fly has its own website!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Permanent static aicraft displays along the entrance drive at Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe....

McDonald-Douglas F-4 Phantom. These used to be stationed here, before the F-18 Hornet replace them. Still, amazing, extremely capable jets, and formerly Blue Angels hardware. My brother-in-law worked in logistics at Kaneohe Base with the F-4s. He said one of the mechanics accidentally fired the ejection seat while working on the avionics display sitting in the cockpit, and it blew him into the ceiling of the hangar. Of course they had to scrape him off in pieces. Ouch.

Chance-Vought A-7Corsair/F-8 Crusader

I'm not sure what this is, but it looks like the predecessor to the S-3 Viking
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Permanent static aicraft displays along the entrance drive at Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe....

I'm not sure what this is, but it looks like the predecessor to the S-3 Viking
        Looks like a Grumman S-2 Tracker

Comment

Originally posted by na alii View Post
          Looks like a Grumman S-2 Tracker
          Aha! I was on the money then. According to this article, the S-3 did indeed replace the S-2. They look very similar. As you may know, the "S" stands for SCOUT in this category of military aircraft.

More static displays along the entrance drive at Marine Corps Base Hawaii Kaneohe...

CH-53 Sea Stallion...

I have no idea what this armored vehicle is...

The Flag raising atop Mt. Suribachi during the Battle of Iwo Jima World War II Memorial...

Note that I took all these static display photos from my car (long distance) while sitting in traffic creeping towards the air show parking area.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Gosh, it's hard to top that Iwo Jima Memorial photo, but this shot, originally published by Hawaii Marine (PDF link) is also AWESOME!...

Excuse me sir, I'm sitting here on my boat enjoying my Spam Musubi and a beer, when you decide to high-tail it like this, and I DON'T appreciate it! lol...

Pyromania...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Hey, hey, hey-ay! It's FAAAAAAT ALBERT!...

Next to that one I got of the Iwo Jima Memorial, this is my second favorite photo...

Nice.
              Last edited by Pomai; October 21, 2007, 09:51 AM.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                Now that's what I call a telephoto!

Comment

Working...
                X