This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for lunch - Chapter 10

Polish sausage, a couple of slices of pizza, tornoardos and a cup of Root Beer from Sam's Club.

I could have sworn that I initially picked Diet Coke at the fountain, but I manage to get the 2nd refill with Diet Coke.

Comment

Grilled portebello mushroom and a maine lobster salad from longhi's, was so-so.
      What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

chicken katsu w/ mac salad and potatoes.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

6" spicy Italian sandwich from Subway - trying to keep an appetite for dinner with AF, before going to see Jake Shimabukuro tonight.

Comment

italian sammy from quizno's with chips and pop
            What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Tuna sandwich and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                Polish sausage, a couple of slices of pizza, tornoardos and a cup of Root Beer from Sam's Club.

I could have sworn that I initially picked Diet Coke at the fountain, but I manage to get the 2nd refill with Diet Coke.

My gawd Helen, how do you survive? What? No Mtn Dew?!!! Dude!!!
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

gyoza, miso, crunchy roll, hamachi belly from california rock n sushi

Comment

meat juhn/bbq meat combo w/ a large dr pepper.

That's the first time I ate at the same place 5 times in a row.

Comment

Large kalua pig sammy and bob's special from bob's bbq.

Comment

Munched on a Mushroom and Swiss burger from Chilis and some fries on da side. Hit da spot!

Comment

eric picked me up at work for a special lunch date today. we went to masa's massive plate lunch, since, as many of you know, it is closing its doors for good on Wednesday. at 12:30, of course they already were out of the day's special: Aloha Plate (lau lau, kalua, teri chicken and spam). i panicked at one point bcs i thot i heard the lady say they had only one lau lau left but it turned out she was merely repeating someone's order ("only one lau lau plate, yeah?"). so what did we gorge ourselves on? we HAD to have the kalua and lau lau, and i asked for chili dog on top of that. sorry the pics aren't that great--taken with my cell phone--but they're the "before" and "after" pics.

i hafta say--the lau lau was better than i remember. most places give an inch thick of luau leaves to make the lau lau seem huge. not masa's. i think at its thickest, the luau leaf layer was 1/2 thick and the rest was quite lean...only two 3/4 inch cubes of lard versus what must have been a 4" x 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" core of meaty piggy goodness. the chili dog stuff had more dog than beans and was yummily spicier than i would have expected.

masa's don't play--da buggah was humangous! plus they had a 44 oz soda special for all of $0.89! so, even tho i had to fight eric for my fair share of lunch, we both still managed to waddle heavily out of the place. in fact, i whined to eric as we left that i was so belly-heavy i might tip over and do a face plant. i made sure to have a cup of coffee when i got back to the office cause, ho....i wanted so bad fo' moi moi unda my desk! i'm so glad for the coincidence that neither eric or i had had breakfast and were starvin marvins when we got to masa's bcs that plate was a challenge to finish.

oh, almost forgot to mention--i bought eric one of the masa's massive plate lunch t-shirts that were selling for twelve dollas. he was quite pleased.
                          Attached Files
                          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Got to Masu's at about 11:15 yesterday and by the time I got to the front of the line all they had left was chili dog, kalua, curry chicken, and mac salad. So, naturally, I got them all

Comment

vegetarian lasagna with a glass of ice water
                              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Mcdonald's fish fillet meal w/ haupia pie.

Comment

Working...
                                X